Poll: I Will Give You £500 to NEVER Play Atari Again!!!

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I no longer have the means to play those games unless I were to resort to illegal piracy..so this is an easy choice..I'll take the money.

Though I could really go for some dig dug or river raid...ah childhood memories.

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
I wasn't a kid until the late 90's. So Atari was never a significant part of my life. I don't need it now. And if I took this offer, the only thing I'd have to dispose of is that 8-in-1 Atari classics plug-n-play joystick I bought. I'd be alright with that, to be honest.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
interspark said:
ok, some one offers you £500 ($800) to NEVER play tetris, pacman, digdug, space invaders, snake or any other retro legend EVER again! and that includes modern day rip-offs or remakes, do you accept?

and don't be all "ooh! well i'll play it in secret!" just use your imagination, we're not here to test your knowledge of playing video games in secret :p

edit: just to clarify, it's JUST the old legends, you know, the FIRST handful of videogames ever! NES onwards is ok
What about no more heroes 2. A modern game with those ripoff's in it. If that is excluded then yes.

If not then no.

Edit: VVVVVV

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
I would, the only game I ever play is Pac-Man, and for $800, I'd give it up so I can afford 15 more games.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
Challenge Accepted!
I'm young enough that I don't recall ever playing on one of the Atari consoles, but i have used emulators. For $800 though, i think that I could do it.

Sikratua

Apr 11, 2011
Tetris isn't an Atari game. But, then again, I've never played an Atari system, anyway. Give me my money.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Sure, the only one of those I semi-regularly play is Tetris, and for $815 I'll gladly give that up.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
interspark said:
ok, some one offers you £500 ($800) to NEVER play tetris, pacman, digdug, space invaders, snake or any other retro legend EVER again! and that includes modern day rip-offs or remakes, do you accept?

and don't be all "ooh! well i'll play it in secret!" just use your imagination, we're not here to test your knowledge of playing video games in secret :p

edit: just to clarify, it's JUST the old legends, you know, the FIRST handful of videogames ever! NES onwards is ok
Judging by the poll, you're going to be out alot of money for essentially a drop in the bucket. So, now that you're in severe debt (using your imagination of course), what do you plan to do with yourself?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I love Dig-Dug, Galaga and Tetris way too much to accept even 1 million Dollars.
I totally forgot, I would never accept any quantity of money because how the hell am I supposed to survive without my weekly dose of PONG!?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Meh, I only really still play tetris from the old Atari days, and that's something I could easily give up for $800.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Kukulski said:
I always laugh at the new "offensive" -isms, but technically this is an extremely classist question. $800 is a lot of money for some people.
So you're saying that the utility of money is higher for some people? No kidding. They'd assumably take that into account when evaluating the theoretical proposal at hand. You know, like anyone would.

How the hell is this classist?

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Sure, since NES onward, FUCK THOSE GAMES! Of course if I don't KNOW its a rip, it won't matter, right? Also, Pac Man came from a arcade machine and was ported to the atari, so I can still play that because, TECHNICALLY, it was a arcade game first.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
Done, too easy. I only ever really played those games as time-killers, and now there's a huuuge selection of other things I can play. Example: phone has Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja, which can carry me through any number of short time-kills.

Home has Starcraft 2 and my 360; none of those games copy those old ones.

Sure, they're a valuble part of video game history, but I don't play them now.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I see what you're playing at OP... We won't complete the contract until we die, and since we are dead, you won't have to honor our agreement. You're a sly one...