Poll: I Will Give You £500 to NEVER Play Atari Again!!!

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
eh.. I'd miss Tetris. I don't think I could go through with that.

christmasbats

Feb 4, 2011
Am i allowed to play these games on gameboy black and white? Because your question only specifies the Atari. Also can i get the money even though ive never played on the Atari because therefore I kinda can't play it again because I didn't play it in the first place.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Fuck that. I recently got Space Invaders Infinity Gene and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and I still haven't beaten Space Invaders Extreme. DigDug has a special place in my heart, too.

I love playing these games too much to give them up forever.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Just let me delete Tetris off my cell and we're good. I didn't really like it anyway, it came pre-installed.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
I would never accept that unless I truly needed the money for some reason. I have my own Atari 2600 and a TV specifically for that since my newer flat screen can't even use it. I love it so much and Space Invaders is simply NOT the same unless you have a joystick.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Aww. No more Tetris? Well... Small price to pay for 500. I'd ask them if they could offer higher of course, but if not, hey, 500 is 500. (Do the random variants other people have come up with count though?)

thelaughingman

Feb 4, 2009
I'd do just about anything for 500 bucks right now. I need to come up with $131 by tomorrow otherwise I'll be homeless.

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
I've been around for most of it and the stuff I wasn't around for my grandfather had it. I said sure, I don't care for THAT old, the stuff that in all realities DID NOT set up the stage for games of today. I have yet to see a CoD game where I have to turn the guns so they fit into a box just right or a Bioware game where you play a yellow ball and get to choose the options of good (killing ghosts) or evil (killing your yellow ball wife.)

If I can play NES and up i'll be happy for the rest of my life.

Duraji

Aug 14, 2008
NEVER is a long time. I'd expect closer to 5,000 pounds for a demand like that!

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Atari is retro? They are a big publisher now.
Tetris is Atari?

Does this simply mean all games that had versions on the atari 2600?

TS needs to do more research into gaming history.

Tigurus

Apr 14, 2009
If that only means games made by Atari...sure but make it higher though. Just because I am dutch. :p

If it means also games with an atari logo on it. Then I got to think...*looks at Neverwinter nights*...

michael_ab

Jun 22, 2009
its not like i do this every day, besides im sure skyrim will keep me distracted for the next decade, ill take the $800 sure

EDIT
Tigurus said:
If that only means games made by Atari...sure but make it higher though. Just because I am dutch. :p

If it means also games with an atari logo on it. Then I got to think...*looks at Neverwinter nights*...
ooh didnt think about this, if this is the case id def need to think on it longer

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
veloper said:
Atari is retro? They are a big publisher now.
Tetris is Atari?

Does this simply mean all games that had versions on the atari 2600?

TS needs to do more research into gaming history.
No scratch that, Nearly everyone in this topic needs to brush up on their gaming history.

This is the offical pacman game on the Atari, and i don't think anyone in their right mind will ever play this piece of shit. So, if they are referring to the arcade orginal that Namco made (which i guess everyone is referring to) it's not Atari, unless it is this version.