Poll: If you had to lose one sense, what would it be?

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
If you had to lose one sense, what would it be? i will say smell.

Hijax

Jun 1, 2009
i voted smell, but i'm not that sure, seeing as how most of the finer nuances of taste are actually made out by smell. Still, i kinda like most of the others.

The Blue Mongoose

Jul 12, 2008
Either taste or smell. If I couldn't taste I could eat pretty much anything and most things that are good for me don't taste great so...

As for smell, eh, I don't really need it.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Went with taste, since if you have no smell you're going to lose a majority of taste too, so why lose 2 senses when you can go with one?
I honestly think that smell/taste are the real only sense you can lose without having any significant impact on your life.

HapexIndustries

Mar 8, 2011
Definitely smell. I have a really good sense of smell and it sucks all the time cause my roommate has a dog. Fucking dog.

Macrine

Mar 25, 2011
yeah I'm going with smell too, seems the least necessary to day to day life.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Touch...

What the hell does it do except pain-wise?
EDIT:Woah 12 quotes, most of them about sexual pleasure! Well that's a new milestone for that.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Smell because...

Touch: Not feeling anything would suck...A LOT
Seeing: Being blind isnt very cool
Deaf: Not hearing anything would actually drive me insane
Taste: Cant actually be useful, drinking off milk comes to mind.
Smell: Unless you really depend on it for some reason, then this seems the least useful in the modern urban environment

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Smell definately, as it also kills taste almost completely.

Would mean I could drink water instead of sugary drinks, and eat stuff like salads without wanting to throw up.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Smell. Most useless goddamn sense. Most smells are bad anyway.
I can take a blow to taste because seriously smelling things is awful.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Nouw said:
Touch...

Well it also helps to know when parts of your body have collided with things, whether or not painful. Tying your shoes would become hard I imagine.

Imagine all of your body being numb but without pins and needles.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Palademon said:
Nouw said:
Touch...

Well it also helps to know when parts of your body have collided with things, whether or not painful. Tying your shoes would become hard I imagine.

Imagine all of your body being numb but without pins and needles.
Good point, I take smell! I know that it would remove a great deal of taste but still >.>

the-kitchen-slayer

Apr 16, 2008
I'd say smell, taste, or touch

Smell: my nose is perma-clogged, don't got much of that sense anyways
Taste: Eh, so I can't taste what I'm eating anymore. Well, hey, no more gag reflex and I can finally eat those damn veggies
Touch: Without the sense of touch, there is no sense of pain, now is there? Perk in it's own right, but at the same time very detrimental

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Touch. No touchy means no pain. I'd be like a super hero.

Barring that, smell. Smell is way over-rated. It's only really useful function is making food taste better.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Taste. I actually only like a very select group of food so not tasting anything would open me up to new food possibility and make life easier. Actually that was really easy... almost too easy.