Poll: If you had to lose one sense, what would it be?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I figure either smell or touch...

Need to see and hear, thank you.

Really need to taste.

The reason I'm not sure is because I figure if smell is connected to taste in any way, then that would be bad 'cause my ability to taste would suffer.

As for touch... well, I'm trying to figure out if I really need to like touch things.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
solidsnake101023 said:
If you had to lose one sense, what would it be? i will say smell.
I would lose the sense that you know where your body parts are when your eyes are closed ... Seriously thats a sense.

There are about 20 senses and no I can't remember them all.

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
Smell because...
TOUCH: If I didn't have this I wouldn't be able to feel pain, which could lead to many horrible accidents and I'd never be able to know the pleasure of sex.
HEARING: I need this to talk normally with people, listen to music and know if an alarm or bell has gone off.
TASTE: I like eating things...
SIGHT: I would get into MANY accidents with this one and I wouldn't be able to play Video Games, watch Movies or Read.

SMELL: I don't have to smell disgusting things and I'll still have other senses so I'll know to stay away from them anyways, but things will never taste the same. D:

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Zenode said:
Smell because...

Touch: Not feeling anything would suck...A LOT
Seeing: Being blind isnt very cool
Deaf: Not hearing anything would actually drive me insane
Taste: Cant actually be useful, drinking off milk comes to mind.
Smell: Unless you really depend on it for some reason, then this seems the least useful in the modern urban environment
You can smell milk that's off you know :p

I'd say taste. As someone said above, most things that are good for you don't taste that great, so, especially in my case, it'd result in a much healthier diet.

As for smell... hell no. It's a very emotion-tied sense, I'm not sure if people saying "smell" are thinking of that when they're saying it. Are you guys/girls actually not attracted by the scent of your partner?

Even aside from that, there are tons of smells that literally define the moment you're in. Think of fresh air after a rain or even better the smell of sea air when you arrive on vacation. I'm not the religious type, but nothing says church to me more than the smell of wax/incense. Sure smell has it's downsides too, anyone who's been on a city bus knows as much, but really, particularly because of the above mentioned reason, but also for the bazillion other nice scents, I wouldn't be too happy about losing it.

ender003

Oct 21, 2008
Definitely smell.
To the people saying if you lose smell you also lose taste, this is a stupid hypothetical situation where you only lose one sense. So cut it out.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Both Taste and Smell. What? You said I HAD to lose one, didn't say I couldn't choose to lose two.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
ender003 said:
Definitely smell.
To the people saying if you lose smell you also lose taste, this is a stupid hypothetical situation where you only lose one sense. So cut it out.
I totally agree. How DARE they add another level of reason to their decision!

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
smell, obviously. but in order of which i feel are most important to me...

1. Sight
2. Hearing
3. Touch
4. Taste
5. Smell

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
Taste, because it is the most useless of these, smell usually tells you if the food is good or not and taste is only helping smell little bit.

On the other hand it would be really cool to lose touch, i could beat up anybody i would like, as long as i wouldn't get knocked out. And it would be really cool to last hours while sexting because i couln't feel a thing, but not getting any orgasms sounds baaaad.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I barely use my sense of smell, so yeah. I love eating, listening to music, I draw a lot, and I like being able to touch things.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
I voted smell, but after a little thought, maybe taste. Smell can be useful, for example you could smell a gas leak or something like that.