Poll: If you had to lose one sense, what would it be?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Either the sense of Fear, or Pain, I think not having one of those would be cool.

Although each have obvious downsides...

(yes I know it is not one of the options, but they are still senses :p)

Dragon Squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Man, Everyone is picking smell....but here's a thought.

Sight would be by far the worse. I would pick death over blindness...

Touch would almost be just as bad. You might say "But then you'll feel no pain," but take it from someone who has lost a pint of blood without being aware of it that this is not what it is cracked up to be.

Taste might be cool for a moment to lose, but then you will lose the ability to tell if you are eating something you really shouldn't. Eventually, all the puking you would do would make this suck.

Smell is compelling to lose, but it also has its disadvantages. You won't be able to know if you are slowly suffocating in a room of methane for instance. It would also affect taste as well, so see above.

So I picked hearing. Not only would I not have to wake up to screaming children, but I would also use my eyes and nose more. And I know what you are saying "But then a ninja could sneak up and kill you without you ever knowing!" That's what they invented the mirror for.

T

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
Sense of hunger. Then I'd finally have a reason to stick to a regular schedule of eating. Also fun candidates - sense of balance and sense of limb position.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Smell, nothing ever spells THAT good that you'd miss it but there are so many stinky things in this world.

Hmm, then again I'd never know if I am clean enough... fuck it, I'll just plead disability discrimination and fart like a demon.

legopelle

Nov 11, 2010
Probably sense of Temperature. Would be good to be content in any weather.

Going by the wiki article anyway, otherwise Fear.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
bulbasaur765 said:
Probably smell. That seems to be the sense I use the least.
It's actually most of how an animal tastes. I'd be terrible at a job if I lost sight, hearing, or touch. So the last two make the most sense to lose to still be successful as a human :D.

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
Sight, because I wouldn't be able to judge people based on their appearance anymore.
I could probably survive without it.

i don't know

Feb 22, 2010
I can barely smell anything anymore. I think my sensory organs or whatever are messed up, therefore I choose smell.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Time, so i can wander around not really caring about what is going on, happy in my own world.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
Scent definitely. I live in student housing and there's one corridor near the front door that always smells awful regardless of air fresheners

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
King of the Sandbox said:
Touch. No touchy means no pain. I'd be like a super hero.
Until you step on a broken bottle, get an infection, and have your leg amputated because you never knew you stepped on that broken glass in the first place.