Poll: If you knew FOR A FACT that playing video games were slowly killing you...

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
Yes but not nearly as much, Probably just single players that seem interesting, Thought that would be the best way to kill yourself, OD on gaming

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
You mean I'll be able to skip the years of losing my mind and being haunted by memories.

Why would I stop gaming for that. My father drinks every night and pretty much passes out once a month that's not an issue for him and he's led me to a similar viewpoint.

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
You know what is killing you slowly?? Life... just fucking living is killing you slowly. You are dying the day you're born, so screw it!! Smokers don't quit their awful habits and it's actually proven their nasty-ass addictions ARE killing them, and I'm not hurting anybody or making my clothes smell by playing Okami for a few hours... I'll game till the day I die!!

Sorry I came across as a confrontational fuckwit....

Sparecash

Dec 24, 2008
SlyFoxx said:
I'd light a smoke and have another drink and then fire up some more Thief fan missions and get busy stealing everything that ain't nailed down.
Haha this comment made me laugh

Personally though, id stop playing

Azdron

Nov 21, 2010
Now that's not fair, because if I thought it was going to make me blind I would stop immediately (until they invent artificial sight) but death? eh whats death anyway but sweet sweet mercy?

Still there is some irony, that if it did make me quit, I would use the newfound gap in my schedule to finally get around to making that game I've been wanting to make. Does that make me contextually evil?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Everyone is slowly dying and tbh I don't smoke or drink or anything like that so wth. Computer Games are really only one of the things I enjoy so fuck it.

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Id Keep Playing... I know that later on down the line a cure would be made... and if not, i can still hope... Cant i?

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
Well shit, one hour for four is a really really shitty deal. No not at those prices, id stop. We're all slowly dieing anyway but if I continued to play unworried, Id be dead in no time.

Hell, playing Skyrim at such a rediculously high price would essentially be giving yourself Aids!

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
I'd keep playing if one hour took off one month.

If I don't live doing what I love most, I'm already dead. Nothing else to it.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
floppylobster said:
...would you keep playing them?

It's only hypothetical, but consider that it was an indisputable fact that -

For every 1 hour you spent playing games you lost 4 hours from your total life span.

Would you still play?

And what ratio of lifespan loss to hours played would be acceptable to you?

(I suppose technically we're already happy with 1 played with 1 hour lost but it's not completely lost as you theoretically get some enjoyment out of that hour.)
id play less but id still play. i get drunk and smoke, those sure as hell arent helping my lifespan but im not gonna stop doing them

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Frank: "How's your mother?"

Man: "She's on her way out."

Frank: "We all are, act accordingly."

- The Departed

We're all going out anyway. Might as well have fun doing it.

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
I'm prone to heart problems and cancer from my genes. A 4:1 ratio for time-wasting happiness is pretty damn good for me.