Poll: If you knew FOR A FACT that playing video games were slowly killing you...

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
My philosophy: Live your life to the most pleasurable extent, not to the longest.

This is why I don't support diets for people who don't like the things they have to eat, this is why I support smoking cigarettes if you know the disadvantages.

Cause really, its better to live a short, fulfilled life than a long life with less enjoyment.

So to sum it up: I might cut down on my play time, but I wouldn't necesarily stop playing.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
No, I wouldn't be able to, knowing that- still, there would be a massive hole directly in the middle of my life, and I probably would have a lot of difficulty filling it.

Thing is, I spend most of my time gaming- my life would, in this scenario, be quartered. No way I could knowingly do that to myself.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
t3h br0th3r said:
You know, there are these awesome things called 'books' you can use instead of a videogame.

there are also these things called Music, Art, and Movies that are pretty neat from what I hear.

(all the stuff i would do more if i couldn't game)
They're either not interactive or fun.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Eh I'd probably keep playing but maybe just cut back a little. Gonna die of something so might as well have fun while I can.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Probably not because I think that would amount to about 20 years of lost life.

I don't even game that much.

briunj04

Apr 9, 2011
Pretty much everything is slowly killing us. There's baby seal blood floating throughout the air, the Chinese probably pees in all of our Cokes, and the government has been unable to end the series of shock videos put out on the Youtube by the rouge terrorist known as Justin Beiber. I've been dying since I was born, I'd keep playing video games :p

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
People still smoke, drink, do drugs, drive motorcycles without a helmet, not wear their seat-belts, drink caffeine, eat at McDonald's, and have unprotected sex - why would video games be any different?

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
I'd still, play, but not as much. And (as everyone else said) only good games (which I already do anyway) :p

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
I lose a couple years when I'm way the heck out of my prime. So?

Though I'd probably drop MMOs completely, stick to the games that I know are spectacular (or are heralded as such), and end up accepting the year or 2 loss I'd take as long as I could play those selection of games.

It's our lives, we've gotta live them, and I'm going to experience what I can, while I still can ('cept drugs, though I'm sure the ratio for those is ridiculously higher).

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
floppylobster said:
...would you keep playing them?

It's only hypothetical, but consider that it was an indisputable fact that -

For every 1 hour you spent playing games you lost 4 hours from your total life span.

Would you still play?

And what ratio of lifespan loss to hours played would be acceptable to you?

(I suppose technically we're already happy with 1 played with 1 hour lost but it's not completely lost as you theoretically get some enjoyment out of that hour.)
I'd be a bit worried..Nah who am I kidding I'd get some coffee,junk food,light a cigar and kick up another session.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
NO WAY! I love life so much more! Think of the hours lost with my future friends or family! I can't believe so many answered yes, while I understand that some would over 50% shocks me.

Polarity27

Jul 28, 2008
I'm already on meds that have very large risks, so really, what's one more damn thing? They improve the present quality of my life. I'd rather live a short life with some pleasantries in it than a long, miserable one.

Matt Wood

Apr 29, 2011
aw hell, what isin't slowly killing you these days.
as my peresonal motto;
"I would rather live 50 years eating and doing what i love then live for 1000 years on steamed fish and rice"

SofaEater

Jan 15, 2011
lol of course.

With my cig smoking, drug use, doctor prescribed pills, and of course actually dying of alcohol, lucky me aye, my liver or heart will give out far sooner then the rest of me and I will have no chance a transplant so bugger not playing videogames.