Poll:Immortality or Invincibility

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
So yes... its been a while since I came up with a random poll... so without further ado.

Given the choice, Immortality or Invincibility.

Immortality allows you to live forever, immune to diseases, and get to appear the age you are now for the rest of your life... but, you can still be killed. i.e getting shot, stabbed. etc
Therefore, so long as nobody kills you, or you're not in an accident, then you will live forever, although, when the universe eventually ends (provided you live that long) then your life will end.

OR

Invincibility, which makes you immune to everything, you can't die from external sources, i.e getting shot, stabbed etc but you only live an average life. 80 or so years, then die.
So you live your natural life span, without needing to worry about dying from unnatural causes.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Immortality. Then, I develop a time machine and steal invincibility from the person that gave it to me.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
It'd be really boring, living forever. Everyone you knew would be dead, and then the Sun would explode and you'd be floating through space for a bazillion years.

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
If your Immortal, and get thrown into a wood chipper, are you still alive? If not then i will say immortal, because then I could live as long as I wanted, and eventually kill myself if i got sick of living.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Invincibility.

That way, I could travel the world without having to worry about eating or disease.
Of course, finding a shower and some soap in the more remote parts of the world might be a little tough...

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Radeonx said:
Immortality. Then, I develop a time machine and steal invincibility from the person that gave it to me.
How do you steal invincibility from someone? This has really got me thinking... is it like an object/organ...a solid object which causes it?

Redingold said:
It'd be really boring, living forever. Everyone you knew would be dead, and then the Sun would explode and you'd be floating through space for a bazillion years.
Yeah, but you could make new friends as your old one dies. Although, i'm sure someone would eventually get jealous and back stab you.

Samuel Cook

and Greg Puciato.
Jan 2, 2009
Immortality. People say I'd begin to hate life as every love and friendship will eventually pass away, but to be honest the time I'd have to experience everything I wanted would be simply awesome.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
I'll take invincibilty and hope some future scientist injects me with some sort of lifespan-increasing nanobiotic whatnot. We all saw The Tick, right?

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
immortality because i'm a level headed and safe individual, i don't skydive or swim with sharks so i think i'd last a long time. and i'd like to wander around meeting people and seeing things. theres so much in the world you'd never see it all in one lifetime.

and most people who get invulnerability in the movies or comics end up being a self righteous douche or a villain. power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, immortality isn't really power. its just an indefinite extension on being 25-30 years old.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Invincibility. My legend will live on for ever, therefore I achieve both.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
immortality. you could learn to avoid being killed but not to avoid a natural death. besides you could live as many lives as you wanted. i think it would be much more entertaining. you would be obligated to teach history after a hundred years or so, you could be president for as many terms as you wanted just no more than twice consecutively.
on a side note to OP is the invicibilty painless or only deathless? it makes a huge difrence.

KjellKanon

Aug 6, 2009
It said you could still be shot etc if you were immortal.
It just means you don't age, I guess.
That and that you're immune to diseases etc.

People would lock you up either way.
"Oh look, this guy doesn't get hurt when we shoot him. Let's do research on him and find out what makes him tick"

People might also start to question you when your friends are in their 50's and you still look 25 :>

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I choose immortality. Then I have all the time in the world to either find invincibility,design histories greatest death for myself, or do anything else I want.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Tough choice. I wouldn't mind both. (Activate godmode!) But I'm leaning towards immortality, if only so I can be the bitchingest historian evar.

The important point to cover is: Does immortality mean eternal youth? Or do you age normally and you just don't die. Because eventually you would be a shrivelled heap of dusty remains that was still shuffling around. Which would be awkward.

Maybe invincibility would be better. At least then you can be a superhero and punch stuff. (I also want super strength and flying.)