Poll:Immortality or Invincibility

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
Redingold said:
It'd be really boring, living forever. Everyone you knew would be dead, and then the Sun would explode and you'd be floating through space for a bazillion years.
That would mean that you'd be invincible and immortal, I think. Given the choice above, if you chose immortal, then your life span could not naturally end without help from external forces. I'd go immortal just to see how society evolved (also I'm jonesing for a flying car), and when the sun exploded, I'd happily go, too.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
You can be a superhero with invincibility. Wading into heavy gunfire without fear would be awesome, and something you cant quite do with immortality (or your definition of it).

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Ben Legend said:
Radeonx said:
Immortality. Then, I develop a time machine and steal invincibility from the person that gave it to me.
How do you steal invincibility from someone? This has really got me thinking... is it like an object/organ...a solid object which causes it?
Well, considering some being had to have given me immortality, I'd find that being, and get invincibility.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Invincibility. Because living forever is a burden and if I were invincible I could wouldn't feel the pains of old age.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
People say immorality would be boring, but I believe eventually invincibility would be come just as boring.

Certain things in life are only exciting because they are dangerous. If they no longer pose a threat to you, then they won't be as thrilling. Jumping off cliffs and absorbing bullets will get boring at some point.

You still get bored with immortality, but at least something might come along in the future that eases your boredom.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Immortal. Just because I like to be able to tell people about stuff happened today a hundred years from now.
I could be my own history book

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
well rather than let people catch on to your immortality you move to an area at say 23. then feign death at 36, maybe 49 or so if you have kids. the downside is that you have to be able to emotionally detatch yourself from every relationship you ever have. or you can just go around having one night stands or whatever else you want to do. of course if you have more of a conspiracy mindset. reveal yourself to the government and try to secure a permanent role as presidential advisor. the possibilities are endless for immortality, just like your life.

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
"who wants to live forever" , immortality sucks, you just get to see the crap this world is FOREVER.
Invincibility should be way more fun

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Immortality, I want to see the technology that will be bred. Plus, if I get bored or don't want to see the road humanity chose to go down I can always shoot myself.

lasherman said:
If your Immortal, and get thrown into a wood chipper, are you still alive? If not then i will say immortal, because then I could live as long as I wanted, and eventually kill myself if i got sick of living.
magicmonkeybars said:
how will I die if invincible ?
Redingold said:
It'd be really boring, living forever. Everyone you knew would be dead, and then the Sun would explode and you'd be floating through space for a bazillion years.
Did you people even read the parameters of these powers before you posted?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Actually, invincibility means you cannot be overcome or defeated. It doesn't mean you can't be hurt, but that nothing ever gets the chance to harm you. You could fight an army of Chuck Norris clone while fighting off AIDS and win. But, you could for example still commit suicide.

What you're thinking of is invulnerabilty.

I'd still go with that though. Who wants to live forever?

Canadian Fodder

Watcher
May 19, 2009
If I was more of an intellectual type I would chose immortality. But for the fun factor, invincibility is my choice. Jump off buildings, to extreme stuff without any experience, ect.

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
crudus said:
Immortality, I want to see the technology that will be bred. Plus, if I get bored or don't want to see the road humanity chose to go down I can always shoot myself.

lasherman said:
If your Immortal, and get thrown into a wood chipper, are you still alive? If not then i will say immortal, because then I could live as long as I wanted, and eventually kill myself if i got sick of living.
magicmonkeybars said:
how will I die if invincible ?
Redingold said:
Did you people even read the parameters of these powers before you posted?
I guess I didn't read it well enough, seem that what he's asking isn't really about invinciblity or immortality but rather if you'd want to die a natural or unnatural death.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
chimpzy said:
Actually, invincibility means you cannot be overcome or defeated. It doesn't mean you can't be hurt, but that nothing ever gets the chance to harm you. You could fight an army of Chuck Norris clone while fighting off AIDS and win. But, you could for example still commit suicide.

What you're thinking of is invulnerabilty.

I'd still go with that though. Who wants to live forever?
For the sake of this thread the definition has changed. Learn how to make assumptions (no matter how outrageous) for the sake of an argument. The point was needing to make a choice, balancing the boons and banes.