Poll:Immortality or Invincibility

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
I wonder if life would be boring if you couldnt die, then there would be no risks and you wouldnt get adrenaline pumped. I would go with like Semi-Invincible like I could still get blown to bits and it would hurt like hell but I would regenerate

jebus4you

Jul 11, 2009
i dont think someone would shoot me and i have a good amount of common sense so immortality

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Immortality, dude. I'll have all eternity to invest in the protect-my-keister technology while I work on how to make the invincible part happen.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Neither, immortality would suck, as would invincibility. If you're immortal then you will live forever and eventually see everyone you know and love die, which in itself is a horrible curse. And invincibility seems great, but if you're a caring person then you will be exploited of your power, and the same goes for evil except instead of being abused, you become a horrible totalitarian and will eventually die very lonely and miserable because you will have killed off (literally or figuratively) anyone you ever cared about. So i choose mortality with normal human powers; the way it was meant to be.

(PS, is it just me or did the "beast die?" thread get some pinnacle escapist members die off. i.e. Maxi)

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Invincibility. I might die 100 years old, but I would at least accomplish that.
Also invincibility has too many i's.

chemicalfire

Nov 10, 2009
I'd go with invincibility so that I could enjoy all of the rare extreme sports like: woodchipper diving, acid drinking, russian roulet with an auto-matic, and day-time soap operas.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Invincibility. I don't want to live forever. I would get bored, especially without the people I love.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
You chose Invincibility, i chose Immortality.

You could see how people change, the world. Very interesting.

But it comes with the downside of becoming delusional (Adam Monroe) and eventual loneliness and boredom... Say when the earth implodes and you are forever floating through space ~ And you can't die...
Can't you just kill yourself?

Superhyperactiveman

Jul 23, 2009
Invincibilty. Unlike most escapist members, I believe in an afterlife, so I do, in fact, want to die eventually. Plus, while I'm invincible, I can become the ultimate warrior, battling villain after villain, with a few police officers getting in the way of my fun in between.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
Invincible for the win! I don't care if I would only live for a week for the exchange of being invincible during that time, I'd do it. And then the fun would REALLY start. In a way I'd become immortal for my accomplishments, such as being the only guy on the planet that could take everything Fedor's got in his arsenal. Can I get a little super-strength as well? Not a whole lot, just enough to throw a mid-size car?

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Immortality, because if invincibility is possible, you'll have time to find out how to get it, and then achieve it.

And then you could stroll across the bottom of the ocean.