Poll:Immortality or Invincibility

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Invincibility. To get a vague idea of my idea for the future, play Alpha Centauri, find the most horrifying uses for the technologies and base buildings imaginable (except the Psi powers), and imagine they're controlled by the government and corporations to control people.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Invincibility. Otherwise, I'll have to see my most loved ones die as I develop new ones through the centuries. I wouldn't be able to handle that pain. And life must get pretty boring after the first 200 years or so.

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
My observation (not in insult or anything just an observation)

In general Immortality (which I chose and do not claim to be the exception) is for the selfish. Those who want as much as they can get in life.

Invincibility however is for the scared. Those who want to live without risk.

Of course however there are exception. Immortality is also for the curios. People who want to live to see what the future will be like and how they would live with it.

And Invincibility could also be for those who need ot be able survive. Soldiers, fire men, police officers. Even the simple working man who can't risk an on the job accident when his family is already in trouble.

Darkons

Jul 16, 2009
Samuel Cook said:
Immortality. People say I'd begin to hate life as every love and friendship will eventually pass away, but to be honest the time I'd have to experience everything I wanted would be simply awesome.
and after experiencing everything?

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Invincibiity, I could be unstoppable in my conquest to get to the front of the subway line.

Golden Gryphon

Jun 10, 2009
Immortality. I'm fairly confident in my ability to avoid accidents or pissing off the sort of people likely to come after me with weapons.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
antiwheat said:
I would want both. Sorry, I won't choose. I'd want to be a God.
Very well... as creator of this thread, i'll let you be god. ;)

But, i'm quite surprised the polls are even at this moment.

Hellenion

Jul 23, 2009
Immortality.

Quite simply, it's the ultimate freedom. The freedom to do anything you like within any space of time, and when finished you can kill yourself by normal means.

:) Hellenion.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Ok dictionary time.
im·mor·tal·i·ty (ĭm'ôr-tāl'ĭ-tē)
n.

1. The quality or condition of being immortal.
2. Endless life or existence.
3. Enduring fame.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source

in·vin·ci·ble (ĭn-vĭn'sə-bəl)
adj. Incapable of being overcome or defeated; unconquerable.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin invincibilis : in-, not; see in-1 + vincibilis, conquerable; see vincible.]
in·vin'ci·bil'i·ty, in·vin'ci·ble·ness n., in·vin'ci·bly adv.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

dazdex

Aug 20, 2008
Invincible, because I could control the world within a year and enjoy life....maybe even do some parachutless sky diving.

Gooble

May 9, 2008
Going to go with immortality, because I really do not want to die, and I live in a safe area in a safe country, and I'm unlikely to get into an accident. And if I went for invincibility, despite the fact that nothing could kill me for 80 years or so, I could still get maimed/paralysed/have limbs cut off, so that quality of life could still be potentially shit, especially if I did extremely dangerous stunts that I know wouldn't kill me.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Given the parameters you've provided, I would have to go with immortality. The typical problem with immortality is that you are vulnerable to disease and age but you can't die. That type of immortality sucks. However, your immortality is that I can die from bullet wounds or accidents, but I can't die a natural death and have eternal youth and am immune to disease. So if I ever just decide that I need to end it all I have to do is reach for the six shooter. Also, since I'm not in regular gunfights or high risk situations, I'm gonna go with immortality.