Poll:Immortality or Invincibility

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Wow, im suprised! its almost dead even. anyway, i would choose invincibility. then i would join the army, just ask for a sword, a knife, and a lotta c-4.

Darkrain11

May 14, 2009
Tough call. If your immortal then you still need to worry about some random dude knifing or shooting you and if your invincible then you still die after a period of time. In the end, I would have to choose immortality because you could always develop ways to protected yourself from different kinds of threats and it would be awesome to see the kind of technologies and discoveries that humanity will make. Also, with all that time I could train my mind and body to perfection by learning and mastering all forms of martial arts and studying all the different sciences.

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
Hmm. From Tolkien's weary elves to Twilight's bored vampires, immortality kinda gets a bad rap.

So I'd have to say invincibility. Better than that would be if you totally could just choose when you want to die, without any consequences (like family grief).

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
The only given reason I'd choose to be immortal would be to see what happens with the world in a few hundred years. I love knowledge and there's so much to learn that it's a tempting option. But knowing my luck, the day after I chose immortality I'd wind up being hit by a car or something similar in a freak accident. Plus it'd get boring after a few hundred years.

Thus I'm going to go with invincibility. I'd still get to do a lot of cool stuff and wouldn't have to worry about the risks involved, which I'd never be able to do if I were immortal.

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
The greatest line in PotC At World's End is "The trick isn't living forever, It's living with yourself"

Raikazu

Apr 15, 2009
I chose invincibility because realistically, if you were immortal, then life would not only become boring in some cases, but you'd see friends and family grow up and die around you while you lived your own life, and if you were injured severely, you could be living for hundreds or thousands of years with that pain, unless euthanasia or suicide were bearable.

Knowing I had a reasonable life without pain seems much more appealing than having a theoretically infinate life but still be prone to physical pain, as well as emotional suffering.

Raikazu

Apr 15, 2009
Coming from an authority point of view though, on a mass scale immortality is better because if you're invincible, you can practically do whatever (one of the reasons why I'd prefer it) but immortality you still need caution as you do now to prevent yourself crossing other people (which on the other side could be argued that invincibility would prevent people dying in wars...making them kind of useless)

Damn...I'm confusing my own opinions =/

Tri Force95

Apr 20, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
Tri Force95 said:
I choose invincibility. I'd be cooled to be only able to die of old age, and then I can do almost anything I want. Also, i wouldnt want to watch my loved ones die, and im 14, and I dont wanna look like this forever.
Why wouldn't you want to look 14 forever? I'm currently sixteen and wouldn't mind staying this way. Actually I would prefer 14. I was much better looking then if I do say so myself. =]
1. Im not that good looking
2. Being 14 might have some advantages, but youll always look 14. No one will believe you if you say your like 16, or 18, or even 21 (ok so maybe you can get away with 16 or 18, like I can, but still). Unless you want to go through the hassles of showing an ID around, it would most likely become a *****. plus, no women over say idk 20 will want anything to do with you. Also, any loved ones or girlfriends will age, and you wont. If anything I would want Immortality at the age of like 20-25, since then Im seen (literally seen) as an adult. Anyway, i wouldnt want immortaility, since I dont wanna watch my loved ones die, even if I can possibly gain infinite knowledge.

Taunto

Jan 9, 2009
I would go with immortality but it would still really suck because all the people i care for would die but thena gain i like history and it owuld be interesting to see how civilization develope over time...

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Spend a few hundred years accruing wealth and political power, slowly help guide history and long term projects (Space Colonisation etc). Being very capable of making impossibly long-term investments for the benefit of humanity would be a massive virtue. You'd make one hell of an advisor for world leaders, and could become a definitive source of history for the human race.

Honestly? It has to be immortality. Taking invincibility would just be selfish. Then again I imagine the ravages of time on your mind would probably make you quite aloof and uncaring. Why bother being nice to someone when they'll be dead in a paltry 80 years or so, you'll only have to do it again with their descendents.

The interesting part would be if humanity started to evolve, you'd be a separate race eventually. :D

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
Taunto said:
I would go with immortality but it would still really suck because all the people i care for would die but thena gain i like history and it owuld be interesting to see how civilization develope over time...
"The trick isn't living forever, it's living with yourself"

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Invincibility.

I would be able to live my life with no fear, and then I could die when I'd finished living my life, at age whenever.

cubikill

Apr 9, 2009
After playing through Lost Odyssey I would never be Immortal, there for I would take Invincibility.

mangus

Jan 2, 2009
Ben Legend said:
when the universe eventually ends (provided you live that long) then your life will end
Immortality, I'd get things done. But what makes you think the universe is finite?

willer357

Dec 22, 2008
they're the same. immortality means the I live forever and can't die, and invincibility means that I can't die, so I live forever.
but immortality.

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
The time you will live with invicibility is 80 years, but the time you live with immortality is potential forever, immortality wins