Poll: In RPG's what Moral Path will you take? (On your First Playthrough)

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
I tend to go between 100% Good, and what I like to call "asshole good" in which I'll do the right thing, but be a complete ass while doing it. (example, picking "renegade" conversation choices, but doing the good thing in the end, after insulting people.)

L9OBL

Jul 20, 2009
evil evil evil evil im the kinda guy wholl kill someone cause i feel like it
in very creative and gruesome ways
my friends are hell bent that im gonna be a serial killer some day

lordgazoontite

Jul 21, 2009
i usually go the good route because it tends to be way easier like in the kotor games. Although when i played fable i tried to be good but still somehow became pure evil.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Whatever is has the easiest/most rewards, which is almost always evil. Plus I like being a dick for no reason. So.... Evil.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
I play through more than once.
Kotor, Fable, Mass Effect... all done multiple times so I can find and do everything.

But, if it came down to only being able to play a game once, I would be good. 100% pure good.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
I go 100% GOOD!!!... thats untill i get the nagging feeling of "what is that thing in the table?" and start stealing everything on sight, even the clothes they are wearing, or if i encounter a stupidly anoying NPC and i just have to kill him... then i just kill and plunder as desired.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
i tend to go neutral, but if it means my character is being an arsehole, Ill go good.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I base my decisions on my actual real-life views. Probably a bad idea.
If somebody/something seems like a bigot, I'll have no problem killing him/her/it.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Chaotic Good.

I can best described my morality style in gaming as the "Kenshiro Method".

Best example:

In Fallout 3 I did my best to make sure everyone in Tenpenny Tower was fine with allowing the ghouls to stay with them. When I came back and discovered that the ghouls murdered everyone, I POWERFIST RAPED EVERY LAST MUTIE UNTIL THE TOWER WAS AS SILENT AS A TOMB.

(and yes, I did the Hokuto No Ken battle cry throughout the massacre.)

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I hate saying to use the search bar but this thread happens at least once a week.

I'm always good on my first playthrough. It's less fun, but I like being the nice guy.

EvilGenius666

Jul 20, 2009
As has been said before here, I tend to play through Good first, then when I finish (or get stuck/bored which is more likely) I'll start a new game as Evil. One thing I've noticed though is that the effects of picking the Good options seem to take longer to manifest themselves than the Evil. For example, on Fable TLC I'd take ages being nice before I get my halo and butterflies, but I can grow horns and glowing red eyes before even leaving the Guild. I guess having an endless supply of innocent bystanders who don't actually want anything kinda helps in that department.
Also, on GalCiv2 the Evil options always seem to give you more benefits than is balanced by the other races' disapproval of you. I'll often end up taking the neutral option just so I can actually get some sort of beneft without everyone hating me.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I like mixing things up. Sometimes I'm good, but other times I like to be bad. It also kinda depends on the setting. A dark, depressing world, to the dark side, it leads.

awsome815

Apr 9, 2009
My first playthrough I try to do what I think I would do in that situation. Wich usually means good. I find it hard to be 100% evil because I dont like killing people that I like or dont deserve it.

euph

Apr 8, 2009
[x] True Neutral

Lacking options for neutral people in this pool. It's not just about mood. Sometimes, it's necessary to take "one path" or "another" in order to achieve certain goals.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I usually try to stay similar to myself, which usually ends up being neutral. But whatever I turn out to be I always make a general "good guy" and a general "evil bastard"