Poll: InterRacial Dating

Cursed Frogurt

Aug 17, 2010
My only negative preference would be that I'm just not attracted to girls with extremely dark skin.

I do care about looks, but I don't care where you come from.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I'm white (Canadian) and dating Chinese (from Shanghai). My last gf was american but racially from Taiwan. Before that, a couple white girls. So... yeah... I think it's all good.

Although my gf has an asian friend dating a white guy, and apparently his parents want him to break up with her. Stupid racists.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I don't see... Since when was interracial dating a taboo?

The reason most people prefer to date people of their own race is pretty much just instinct. There have been a study showing that infants, when presented with two pictures - One of a black woman and one of a white woman - would always focus on the woman with their skin-colour and pretty much ignore the other woman. This is most likely a survival instinct from when we lived in our natural habitat. A person with a different skin-colour than you wouldn't be from the same tribe, so this person is more likely to harm you.

May 17, 2010
I'm abit ashamed to say that I'm slightly split. Races are different and do have a racial hertiage. The idea od eroding that and becoming a homogenous mass seems slightly depressing to me. That said I do often feel attracted to females outside of my race so I'm divided.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
370999 said:
I'm abit ashamed to say that I'm slightly split. Races are different and do have a racial hertiage. The idea od eroding that and becoming a homogenous mass seems slightly depressing to me.
How could the elimination of human racism and racial bigotry be "depressing"?

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
CroutonsOfDeath said:
I'm hardly a hardcore activist, but being someone who DOES preach Equality at times - I am pretty much colourblind here. I think interracial dating is just fine, then again I'd be a hypocrite if I thought it was wrong because I'm of direct African descent (Though born in the UK) and I'm married to a Japanese woman. Yet when I decided to start dating her, I didn't consciously add "She's Japanese" to the reasons why I started dating her. I doubt if we split up and I ever date again, I'd have a specific preference. I'd simply date a woman I like and want to be with.
I think I'll just QFT the genius here. I'll add one of my own thoughts though...

There are attractive people of literrally any race that exists, why would you limit the vast array of wonderful people you could have sex with? It just makes it harder to get sex if you limit!

meticadpa

Jul 8, 2010
SkyeNeko said:
Ok, so I'm a black/asian girl (i look more black though), and the first thing id like to point out is that the only guys who think im pretty are black guys. I rarely see any races dating outside of their own race. first of all i think its not fair because i dont think ill find a black/asian guy (and i dont want to), and second of all, why? how many escapists out there like to date men/women from other races?

EDIT: sorry if i missed a race there arent alot of spaces to put answers for the poll =_=
Wait what?

You're saying that it's not fair, but then you don't want to date men from your own race? How is that fair too?

Anyway, I don't care what race someone is. If they're attractive, they're attractive.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I probably wouldn't, dunno why... only race I've really found attractive/felt that way about was half-Hispanic girls. The stereotypical attitude of a lot of black people annoys the hell out of me (and no I'm not racist, I have plenty of black acquaintances), and never really felt that way about Asians or any other race besides Caucasian.

aseelt

Jan 13, 2010
SkyeNeko said:
Ok, so I'm a black/asian girl (i look more black though), and the first thing id like to point out is that the only guys who think im pretty are black guys. I rarely see any races dating outside of their own race. first of all i think its not fair because i dont think ill find a black/asian guy (and i dont want to), and second of all, why? how many escapists out there like to date men/women from other races?

EDIT: sorry if i missed a race there arent alot of spaces to put answers for the poll =_=
I'm Indian Asian and am married to a white chick!

Race never figured into it.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I guess I'm more attracted to white girls, but I'm also more attracted to brunettes than blondes. Doesn't mean anything.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Not possible around these parts. Our country has varied ethnic groups, rather than racial ones. Either way, I don't mind much.

Oh, and since when does European constitute as a race?

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I live in western Kansas, There is 3 black people, maybe 20% Hispanic, in my town of 5000. I say this because I do not care about race when dating but there has been little opportunity to date in my town because I have moral standard I look for and the only ones who meet them are already dating/married.