Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
mongrelle666 said:
arragonder said:
interracial dating is disgusting, it's like dating someone outside of our sex. stick to your own kind perverts >.>
wow spot the redneck. if you're happy who you're with what does it matter what you look like or what your gender is?
I think he's making a joke. Dating someone outside of your sex means the opposite sex.

I have a sexual preference for white women but on a relationship level race doesn't matter.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
I'm white, and I prefer women who look more like me, so I prefer white women. (Though I'm not against anything else. My last 2 girlfriends have been latina and asian)

CMDR Zero C

Jan 12, 2009
I'm Black... for the most part. But the majority of my girlfriends have been white. Though i have only dated one black girl... and the fell and broke both it's legs at the word GO. I do find my preference to lean more towards white, Asian, or European women. I don't have anything against dating in my race, but i come from a very ethnically diverse family, with quite a few mixed marriages in there.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
If I ever have children under ideal circumstances, it'll be with someone outside my own lineage. Have you seen how beautiful mixed-race people can be? I'd be a bastard to deny my children the advantage of potentially picking and choosing the best traits of two divergent genetic strands.

I guess I'd be okay with having some cracker babies if I fall in love with a white woman, though.

Jun 16, 2010
matthew_lane said:
Um, i'm not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but none of those options on your survey are really races... There all different flavours of human.

Yeah because theres nothing as controversial as human on human dating, you racist moron.
"Different flavour of humans" is pretty much the definition of race. There's not really any scientific basis for what constitutes one. It's just a commonly-accepted paradigm. For example, are Jews white? Some people would say yes, others would say no. Another example are the Islamic people in parts of Africa that don't consider themselves black, despite having black skin. If you called them 'black', they'd correct you and say "No, actually I'm Muslim." To them, it's a different race altogether. Even though a lot of Westerners would consider being Muslim a choice, and not racial archetype.

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
Honestly, I find most blacks and asians to be weird looking. Some middle-eastern woman can be attractive, but most aren't either.
I guess I'm only interested in whites, which is somewhat odd since I've had pretty serious exposure to other ethnicities, for a scandinavian at least.

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
I'm white and I've dated black, Hispanic, and one black/asian/native American girl. I mostly date white women because of shared interests.

I'd probably date you SkyeNeko.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I'm a white guy and I prefer white girls, although my last girlfriend was mixed white and Caribbean something or other, a light brown. In general, I usually find most other races unattractive, but there are always exceptions.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
White male, and i'll date any girl who would be willing to give me a chance. As long as she's honest, affectionate, funny, kinky, kind-hearted and so on then i couldn't care if she was green with three eyes.

Okay, but in all seriousness, race does not matter to me. The things that do matter are, for example, religion. I couldn't date or marry a religious girl (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or any other religion) simply because i couldn't change my lifestyle to suit that religion and i am a militant atheist. But that's an entirely different kettle of fish.

So i don't care if you're white, black, asian, or a mix of either one. Just be female and a nice person!

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I've been dating white guys mostly. I have dating an Asian before.

My boyfriend right now is a cracker.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I believe the is no such thing as an unattractive race. Beautiful women (or handsome men, depending on your preference) can be found in all corners of the earth, no exceptions.

Most women I've dated have been white, I've dated black, Arab and an east-Asian woman. Race is not an issue, though culture and religion can be a deal-breaker if not compromise can be found.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
I'm black, and I don't really care what the ethnicity of the other person is. So far, my girlfriends have happened to be white, and people keep asking me "Dude, why don't you date black girls?" This pisses me off for two reasons:

1) It insinuates that I'm only supposed to date black girls because I'm black, and dating anyone else is bizarre.
2) It's not that I "won't," it's just that I haven't, because that's just how life happened to turn out.

CroutonsOfDeath

Jan 14, 2009
I'm hardly a hardcore activist, but being someone who DOES preach Equality at times - I am pretty much colourblind here. I think interracial dating is just fine, then again I'd be a hypocrite if I thought it was wrong because I'm of direct African descent (Though born in the UK) and I'm married to a Japanese woman. Yet when I decided to start dating her, I didn't consciously add "She's Japanese" to the reasons why I started dating her. I doubt if we split up and I ever date again, I'd have a specific preference. I'd simply date a woman I like and want to be with.

Exosus

Jun 24, 2008
I'm not at all opposed to interracial dating, and I'd be willing to give it a shot if I met the right person, I'm just not that attracted to other races in general, so it never really happens. There have been a few, but nothing ever came of it.

My point is that I don't know that it's the taboo or some kind of racism (though no doubt both still exist) as much as a natural attraction to one's own race. Certainly there are exceptions, but the statistics mean that if a person finds 30 of 100 whites attractive and 60 of 100 blacks attractive, for example, they're very likely to end up with the latter rather than the former. Given that it has been proven many times that people have a propensity to look for people who share their heritage and be more attracted to members of their own race, this kind of thing will necessarily exist for as long as humans remain in their current form.

arragonder said:
though a gay redneck would be pretty hilarious.
Yeah, I've met gay rednecks and it is outrageously funny.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
I'm not particular, I find woman of all races attractive, as well as those of mixed heritage. Although I do find it unattractive when white chicks feel the need to give themselves ridiculous looking fake tans.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Where's the option for "I don't care."?? It really couldn't matter to me less.
Also, what the hell kind of a race is "European"??

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm Chinese so I prefer Chinese girl. My reason is that I feel I would have more in common with a Chinese girl due to heritage.
However one of my uncle is happily married to a British woman so she my aunt in law and have two sons who are my cousins and another was married to a British woman as well.
I won't exactly reject a non Chinese woman straight away since I would give it a go or that I genuine fell in love with that woman regardless of race.