Poll: InterRacial Dating

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Comment removed to save me a massive headache. Note to self: Read what you write before you post it to make sure you intention is clear.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I'm white, or Nordic if that's any different. I've only dated white girls, but there's not a race I wouldn't date.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
"White
European"

Aren't they the same?

I voted for those fine black ladies. I honestly don't see the huge appeal in white women, maybe its because I have been around way too many crazy white women in my family and school but if black dudes want them they can have them.

Also, hybrid fitness for the win.

lambsheep

Mar 9, 2010
I don't care what race the person is, as long as they are a intelligent/loving person. It doesn't really matter as long as you both like each other.

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
I wouldn't have any problems with dating someone outside of my own race but, so far, I haven't really found myself being attracted to other races.
I read somewhere that, on some very basic level, people just ARE more attracted to people of their own race, although whether that's to preserve the survival of said race or something else, I have no idea. It might not even be true!

Personally, I haven't come across any guys I've been strongly attracted to who aren't Caucasian (speaking of which, shouldn't this be a race on the poll as opposed to "European" and "White", which could largely be classified as pretty much the same thing?), but that's not to say that I won't ever be attracted to other races.

gillebro

Nov 13, 2009
Ham_authority95 said:
Also, why did you separate "white" and "european" on your poll? Aren't almost all ethnic Europeans "white" in the first place...?
not quite. "european" covers a pretty diverse range. I think many would agree that "turkish" is different to "french" is different to "german", for instance.

I'm amused by how every single person on here has been really quick to clarify that race isn't an issue for them. I mean, I'm sure it isn't an issue (and it certainly shouldn't be), but yeah. Anyone else kind of amused by how scared we all are to be interpreted as racist?

Anyway, I'm a blonde white girl, and yeah, I felt pretty dirty doing it, but I answered "white". But I've been attracted to indians, asians, europeans, blacks, etc. If you're hot, you're hot. But I'm a slave to my biology.

Interesting thread.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Love is love, and if someone's personality and character are interesting to me, that's about all that matters when it comes to dating. I've never understood the reasoning behind the racial/ethnic/gender issues on romance, myself.

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
I've only ever dated whites, but seeing as I want to get a shirt that says "Looking for a Japanese girlfriend" in Japanese and being totally serious while wearing it, that should give you a hint that I don't really care about race as long as the girl is likable.
Then...doesn't this suggest that you DO have a preference, it's just been unfulfilled so far? Actively looking for a girlfriend who is of a particular race over any others, and advertising the fact, IS a preference.

Although, I don't know how much success you would have with that kind of T-shirt. Seems...kind of debasing the act of finding a relationship to an advert which girls can apply to. Could be construed as racist and sexist as well, seen as how you will decide, from the number of girls who "apply", who best fits your interests. This is what you'd do anyway WITHOUT a T-shirt, so why?

I get you wouldn't mean this in a bad way, but you have to think about what other people will assume. It could put people off getting to know you, because a Japanese girl might think you're only into her because she's Japanese, not because she's a nice, interesting person.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Aby_Z said:
If someone looks attractive to me, I'll be attracted to 'em. Race isn't really an issue, but that base level of attraction has to be there in the first place.
Exactly my stance, if I like them, I like them, if I don't, I don't, it's not based on race so much as who you are as a human. If i hate your personality then you've got 0% chance no matter what race you belong to.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Why isn't there an 'all' option? I want an 'all' option!

Seriously tho, I don't give a shit what ethnicity you are, if I get along with you as a person thats awesome and if you're an arsehole then you're an arsehole, makes no difference to me what the colour of your skin is.
Besides, asian chicks are HOT AS FUCK.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
SkyeNeko said:
Ok, so I'm a black/asian girl (i look more black though), and the first thing id like to point out is that the only guys who think im pretty are black guys. I rarely see any races dating outside of their own race. first of all i think its not fair because i dont think ill find a black/asian guy (and i dont want to), and second of all, why? how many escapists out there like to date men/women from other races?
Never dated the same race twice and i've never noticed that before, race is not even an issue surely, it is all down to attraction and all races are beautiful, I guess I might be in the minority here

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
SkyeNeko said:
Ham_authority95 said:
Also, why did you separate "white" and "european" on your poll? Aren't almost all ethnic Europeans "white" in the first place...?
Well, I thought about it for a quick second and decided to separate them =\
I consider them both caucasian i guess but they just seem different enough to have their own category =_=
actually there are a number of differences between European countries and the ethnicity of those residing in them, Putting European as a race is roughly equivalent to putting American as one if you see my meaning.

chieften

Sep 15, 2009
Well I'm a first generation American and when my dad was getting married and broke the news to his mother this is what the conversation looked like this:
Is she from our village?
No.
Is she Abruzzini(region of Italy)?
No.
Is she Italian?
No.
Is she Catholic?
Yes.
I guess that'll do.

He was marrying a German.

Me personally, I haven't found many Italian or German girls that are particularly attractive. I have tended to date Spanish or Russian woman more often than not.