Poll: InterRacial Dating

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
All I know is that every country I have ever travelled to has lots of beautiful people in it. Beauty runs the gamut of all shades, tints, and hues.

What's important in a significant other is whether or not their values are compatible with yours.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
I have absolutely no problem with interracial dating. Whatever makes people happy right?

Personally though, I probably wouldn't date someone who wasn't caucasian. I'm not racist or anything, I just happen to find white people more attractive, most likely because I'm white and it just feels more comfortable for me.

marlushia

Feb 12, 2010
I'm a black female so the only guys who are interested in me are creepy black men. I really like guys who dress in the emo style and I get weak at the knees when I see one once in a blue moon. I really like asians because it seems they can get away with that style more than in America.
I'm also attracted to girls too. Ironically its a bit flipped here. I gear more to black girls with an emo style as well. The asian girls I've met have been pretty... bitchy toward me.

But to be honest, as long as the other person is nice, dependable, and fun to be around, I'll give it a shot.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I'm not picky when it comes to women (before some wiseguy says it, no, I'm not into men); I've found examples hotness (and other) across the "racial spectrum".

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
PaulH said:
NeutralDrow said:
PaulH said:
NeutralDrow said:
PaulH said:
NeutralDrow said:
Well, my last girlfriend was Filipino.

I've come to find she's actually colored my preferences quite a bit (darker skin tone and darker, fairly straight hair...and low alto voice, B/C-cup, shorter than me, and I should really stop). Anyway, Pacific Islander or European would be my primary interest, East Asian very close behind.

...why are "white" and "European" separate, by the way? Is it because "white" tends to mean different things in different countries?
Ahh Filos ... salt of the earth if I may indulge my latent racism (atleast it's nice racism?). Mumsy is Filo, nice people ... scarily catholic ... you haven't seen a Stations of the Cross until you go to the Philippines ...
I don't think you could possibly top William Taft's description of them as his "little brown friends." At least he did seem to practice what he preached, unlike US involvement in the Philippines as a whole at the time, from what I understand.

As for the other...I can imagine. Might not be a coincidence that she was a lapsed Catholic, raised in the US (and Austria, a few years, from what she said), and fairly jaded anyway. And that we were friends a long time before trying dating (and friends afterwards until we kinda dropped contact).
Well, supposedly it's gotten better lately. Less diehard catholicism and more .... well less Catholicism. I'll let you know when I go in June for a working holiday ^_^

I don't really care about skin colour bujt I quite like the Filo skin complexion. I think it's just that I used to have overt Filo exposure as a kid, and all my cousins on my mother's side spoke tagalog when I don't speak a word of it ;.;

So they used to tease me all the time o.o Plus they were older than me <.< I guess my family turned me off Filo girls o.o

Now with reduced exposure I like them n.n

Criminalisation by association?
Well, it would certainly explain my alternate attraction to Kurdish women...
You're a Kurd? n.n Where'd you're parents come from? n.n
No, but I was half-raised with some (and heard Kurdish and Spanish almost as frequently as English, most days), until I was about 12 and able to get home on my own from middle school. Both my parents worked. We're still close friends with the family.

As for my parents...my mother's fifth generation Irish immigrant, my dad's a mishmash of European (mainly English, German, and Italian; when he was in the navy, he was apparently occasionally mistaken for Italian by actual Italians), but they're directly from Wisconsin and California, US.
Ahh, interesting patriarch n.n;; My grandmother (Mother's side) is the only *really* interesting one in the family, she was in the US Army during WW2 stationed in Manila ... After the US pulled out she and my grandfather took themselves up into the mountains to lay ambushes and my grandfather was a doctor so he used to patch up soldiers who would get injured.

Scary woman o.o Exceptional marksman n.n;; Awful mouth on her o.o;;

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I'm white, and so is my girlfriend, but if she was still "her" on the inside, it really wouldn't matter if she had a different skin colour.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I'm pale white, and I've only dated outside my own race so far. Not sure why, just sort of happen and I really don't have any preference.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
I'm not racist, I just probably wouldn't go out with someone who isn't white unless I loved her.
It's entirely natural, I am white and have been brought up around nearly all white people.
Psychologically, this is normal for me to be attracted mainly to just my own race.
I would expect the same for any race depending on who they're brought up with.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Anything's good, as long as it works with one's other preferences. As a person who enjoys biology, you gotta mix it up. It's good for humanity.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well if the girl is attractive it really doesn't matter what color she is, even if it's blue or green.

But I will say on average I don't find black girls appealing at all(now hold on before you shout racism), a friend showed me a group picture for miss universe or something and none of the black girls seemed all that attractive.
Which was quite odd so I looked at them a bit more to find the true issue, and the problem is they are very butch/manly alot of their facial/body features remind you of a man.
And that is really not something I'd like to have, it must also be why I love asian girls because they are the exact opposite.

But there are always exception, like I said before only attraction matters.

Jan 25, 2008
Why did you go from White, Black, to Hispanic. Logically it should of been white, black, brown, yellow, yellow again, hot fudge, red, super ultra mega white. HAVE SOME CONSISTENCY FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
SkyeNeko said:
Ok, so I'm a black/asian girl (i look more black though), and the first thing id like to point out is that the only guys who think im pretty are black guys. I rarely see any races dating outside of their own race. first of all i think its not fair because i dont think ill find a black/asian guy (and i dont want to), and second of all, why? how many escapists out there like to date men/women from other races?

EDIT: sorry if i missed a race there arent alot of spaces to put answers for the poll =_=
Where do you live? Where I am from, in Los Angeles, you see all races intermingling all the time. Besides, BlAsians are the hottest women I have ever met...

I am white, have only ever dated white women, but not for lack of trying...

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Spade Lead said:
SkyeNeko said:
Ok, so I'm a black/asian girl (i look more black though), and the first thing id like to point out is that the only guys who think im pretty are black guys. I rarely see any races dating outside of their own race. first of all i think its not fair because i dont think ill find a black/asian guy (and i dont want to), and second of all, why? how many escapists out there like to date men/women from other races?

EDIT: sorry if i missed a race there arent alot of spaces to put answers for the poll =_=
Where do you live? Where I am from, in Los Angeles, you see all races intermingling all the time. Besides, BlAsians are the hottest women I have ever met...

I am white, have only ever dated white women, but not for lack of trying...
I pretty much spend most my time in los altos. aaassiian college.

frostay

Jul 26, 2010
I watched an online lecture by a professor at a university, and would like to share his point: it's absolutely NOT scientifically correct to claim that there are such things as different *races* of humans. Have a look at the genetics- there is only one Homo Sapiens Sapiens. We've really got to change the terminology here because it's really misleading I think. Frankly, I find the terminology offensive. Call it ethnicity, call it nationality or label by continent of origin (i.e. european; african; east/south asian etc.). Just don't call it a "race".

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
frostay said:
I watched an online lecture by a professor at a university, and would like to share his point: it's absolutely NOT scientifically correct to claim that there are such things as different *races* of humans. Have a look at the genetics- there is only one Homo Sapiens Sapiens. We've really got to change the terminology here because it's really misleading I think. Frankly, I find the terminology offensive. Call it ethnicity, call it nationality or label by continent of origin (i.e. european; african; east/south asian etc.). Just don't call it a "race".
it IS formally called an interracial relationship in most books though... although i am aware that most people do share more common genes across "races" than within, making "race" just a meaningless classification. but then again so are most classifications, like the kingdoms. sorry if i offended you with the title to my thread.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I don't really see race, I find individual women attractive/unattractive for my own arbitary reasons that change from person to person.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Can't really say I'm attracted to any particular race, of course with a 90+ % Caucasian population most girls I've found attractive were obviously Caucasian, but I've seen pretty girls of every colour, and never really thought that race or skin colour was any significant factor, or a deterrent at all.

I suppose different complexions and slightly different average proportions and shapes allows for many different forms of beauty, all of which is in the eye anyway, and can be in one eye all at once.

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
I'm white, and the only women I've ever dated and/or had a one night stand with were all either black or Indian, as in from India not Native American. What can I say, I know what I like.