Poll: iPods

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
I'm a Samsung man. Ever since I had an mp3 player it was samsung :D. I'm generally against every product with a small i in front of its name as in iPod iPad iPhone, iRack, iRan whatever. When it comes to mp3 players, I like them small, simple, multi-format supporting, normal usb connection, no need for drivers or whatever sync and so on. Small display used only to show the song, shuffle function, graphics equalizer, long lasting battery and finally exceptionally cheap. My current one costs about 50eur (thats about 66usd).

C-45

Apr 2, 2010
Zune's what I've got now, though I did enjoy my SanDisk Sansa while I had it. I've never had an iPod and I never will, iTunes is a blight upon the world.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
I have an 8gb touch, the things a piece of crap. Its broken in so many places, hardware and software alike, that I've given up and purchased a SanDisk for £28. Much better.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Neither, I have a Creative Zen thank you very much, I'm not installing any Itunes bullshit on my computer.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Just not much of a fan of touchscreens for phones are listening devices. Always seem more prone to damage/breaking. The games seem fun, but I'm fine with my Nano.

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
I have an 8GB iPod touch. It's a neat little device but I think touch screens need to die. It gets way too smudgey, I always hit the wrong thing on accident, and it often fails to recognize my touch at all. Not to mention I have to perform voodoo black magic hand motions sometimes just to figure out how to do simple tasks like edit my preferences or arrange icons.

Also the fact that Apple are a bunch of fascists and control what programs I'm allowed to pay for and run (no flash or java) and that if the thing breaks I have to take it to the Apple store so that they don't miss out on any of my money just make the whole experience taste a little bitter.

But like I said, its a neat device.

UltraParanoia

Oct 11, 2009
I bought a 120 gig Zune off Ebay for like 170 once I filled my 16 gig Walkman up.

Fuck ianything. I know entirely too many people who've gone through 3 or 4 ipods in the time I had my walkman, and Itunes damn near killed my mothers computer.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
If you don't mind not having all of your music with you, get something smaller. Flash memory is fucking indestructible, and the hard drive in classics will eventually fail. I had an 80Gb classic, problem was actually that the headphone jack broke after abut two years. I'm still going to buy a 160Gb classic soon but they do break every few years.