Poll: Is batman a superhero?

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
Yes, he is. Being a superhero in comics is more than just the powers that most have. It is about intentions, ideology, courage, and whatever else they bring to the table. It is never a question of just having powers.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
No superpowers?

I'd say superhuman stamina, strength and fighting prowess count. Yes, it is because he's fucking nuts and trained like a ************. And he's so good, he can beat up people with actual super powers.

Plus, he's rich.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
of course he's a superhero the mere fact that he can take down Superman with nothing more than his vast knowledge and the tech at his disposal speaks volumes

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
He's the world's greatest detective! Of course he's a superhero. Now shut up or I'll use my DEADLY BEE WEAPON on you.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
The fact that the goddamn Batman[footnote]can someone tell me the origin of this?[/footnote] can take on villain just as effectively as Superman and other people who had been blessed with powers, he deserves to be in the same category as they are.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
gamefreakbsp said:
Yes, he is. Being a superhero in comics is more than just the powers that most have. It is about intentions, ideology, courage, and whatever else they bring to the table. It is never a question of just having powers.
Exactly.

Superhero doesn't necessarily have to mean "hero with super-powers", and even if it has, what does "super-powers" mean?

If it's just the ability to do something beyond natural human capabilities, does it matter where that ability comes from?

Zeekar

Jun 1, 2009
I take "superhero" as meaning a hero that stands above and beyond any reasonable human standards of heroism. That is to say that not only do they devote their entire lives and even identities to being heroes, but they also have capabilities far beyond anything one could be expected to ever attain.

By my standards, Batman is not just "a" superhero; he's "the" superhero. He doesn't even NEED superhuman powers to take out all manner of super-villains -- He's just crazy enough that he doesn't need to be alienated out of the normal societal proceedings by superpowers and he's just rich enough that he can supplement his genius intellect and Olympic physique with high-tech gadgetry that makes said superpowers unnecessary.

Clearly I voted "Yes".

Foobula

Dec 26, 2009
Heros don't need super powers. Just look at peacekeepers or doctors without borders! Batman isn't majical, but he's brave, and that's a greater and more accesible trait than being able to fly around or whatever.
Batman is a hero, just like we all should be. He's the Terry Fox of Gotham.

'Aredor

Jan 24, 2010
Semantics. That's all I can say to that. Or, to put it differently: Who gives a flying fuck? Wait, that came out wrong, all I mean to say is that when someone says "OMG, you called him a super-hero, that's so stupid, he's not super", the only correct answer is "Whatever".

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Depends really. Do you consider high intelligence and a crap load of money super powers? If so then yes, he is. Otherwise no, he is not.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Super means something is superior to the norm.
So think about it; you jump in cold water to save a drowning puppy or baby and you are a hero.

Batman has saved gazillions of people throughout the decades, and did way more incredible things than get his clothes wet. So, YES, he is well superior to any regular kind of hero.
Hence a superhero!

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
it's been stated already by others in different ways, but Batman does indeed have "superpowers". his super power is his willpower. Batman is absolutely indomitable and has more self-control than any real human being, ever.

Foobula

Dec 26, 2009
tojawi said:
Terry fox Isnt a hero. He MURDERED MURDERED MURDERED people with cancer.
I would like to imform you that Terry Fox saved my life and many of my friends. Thankyou.

tojawi

Nov 22, 2010
Foobula said:
tojawi said:
Terry fox Isnt a hero. He MURDERED MURDERED MURDERED people with cancer.
I would like to imform you that Terry Fox saved my life and many of my friends. Thankyou.
Let's See abo0ut thaT! HE DIEEEED! Before he finished, there fore raising cancers Morale, which increased the overall DEATH RATE! WHICH KILLED PEOPLE! MURDER MUDER MURDERMURDER!!!!!!