Poll: Is It Weird When Men Love Cats?

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
P0RTAL said:
crystalpyramid said:
dude, you have a seriously badass looking cat right there. He looks like he's planning to kill someone but he is cute. IT'S A PARADOX
That's because he is totally badass. I haven't quite worked out if he's planning to murder me in my sleep yet. But if he does i'm sure he'll do it in a cute way >.<

For the record, that's him looking cute, this is him looking like a psychotic serial killer!

So where's the photos of everyone else's cats? Or am i the only weirdo?

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
I've always preferred cats to dogs.

Cat's don't require any training and are much quieter and far less annoying than dogs. A cat doesn't need to always be with you to be happy.

Also, they're so soft and cuddly!

BTW, how the hell am I supposed to type this?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I am a straight male, I've been accused of being hyper-masculine... and I generally love cats.
I tend to love dogs more (except for the little yappy kind, I dislike those), but I still love cats.

Also, he's old... and a little fat... because he eats kibble and small rodents.

EasySt17

Dec 18, 2009
If you stop to think about what impedes your masculinity then you are probably already gay.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I always felt cats were evil. Also I felt the Episode of House MD where Wilson got a cat was pretty accurate as to what it's indicative of.

P0RTAL

Jan 17, 2011
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197421_1722411578431_1182581620_31587618_4025385_n.jpg

my cat is the epitome of girliness but oh well I love her

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I went out and met a guy that was really cute. Then he started saying how he hates cats and they are like vermin and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. :<

My perfect man has a cat or 2, a batman comic book collection and an awesome PC. hehe

Day: me on pc chair, cat on bed.
Night: me in bed, cat on pc chair

It is harmony.

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
P0RTAL said:
It had never occurred to me that it might be unusual for men to like cats until I started seeing articles that said "It's OK For Straight Men To Like Cats" and then other articles that say quite the opposite. So, is it really that weird for men to love cats? For girls, is it a turn-off if your date says that he's a "cat person"? I'm not trying to make you all love cats, I'm just curious.
PFFT Who cares what articles say~! Articles have told me that tons of ridiculous things, doesn't mean I should believe it. I think it'd be a shame if you hid your cat love from the world just cause the world deemed it weird.

If I hid everything that the world thought was weird, I wouldn't have ever told people that I don't understand the interest people have in cars. I like kid shows, and occasionally I'll watch Saturday morning cartoons if I happen to catch it. All of Pixar's movies except maybe Cars and Cars 2 had me tearing up at some point.

Weird is all about perspective. So be free from the constraints of what is weird and what is normal! Being weird is much more fun anyway. :D

Although I do think guys liking cats is weird...JUST KIDDING! It's perfectly normally sounding to me actually. :3

EasySt17

Dec 18, 2009
Maxtro said:
I've always preferred cats to dogs.
BTW, how the hell am I supposed to type this?
looks like you should put a ' in the middle of your n, your p thinks its a backwards g and the u appears to have crapped itself... I hate when it makes me write greek letters... like I don't get enough of it in finance and statistics class

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
xXxJessicaxXx said:
P0RTAL said:
crystalpyramid said:
P0RTAL said:
crystalpyramid said:
snip
see what you started? Here's my other cat. Never get her mad for she shall DESTROY you
snip
She is already charging her lazers!

I love tabbies :3 They are so cute with their little stripey pants.
Damn! That IS an evil looking kitty! I need to get some lazers installed in Ta-Kun, then he could easily take down his Evil Arch Nemisis!! (The black kitty from next-door)

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I have two cats, and I've had two others in the past.

It should also be said that I have three dogs at my mom's house (technically they're my mom's, but still).

I'm neither one way or the other, really. But my cats are more well-mannered, so they're nicer to be around for long periods of time.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
I'm straight, and I love my cat. He's a pain in the ass, and a total contradiction of the notion that cats are independent, but he's still nice to have around, and I am worried about him since he doesn't seem like he's doing great health-wise.

MispeledStalion

Jul 24, 2011
I'll be getting a cat when I graduate from school. I'm not obsessive or anything, but I like having an animal around. They're cute and lovable and while I'm more of a dog person myself, cats are easier to deal with.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
It's not weird to me. And I can totally see it a turn on. Especially if he's a major alpha male. Nothing hotter than a guy who oozes masculinity at every pore and you see his soft side as he cares for a being weaker than himself.

someguyfromhell666

Oct 11, 2010
ecoho said:
as long as you dont hate dogs your ok:)
So I'm weird, then?
I don't hate dogs as much as I used to, but I can't stand that dog who sometimes barks at me from behind a hedge where I can't see it and it's looking at me with its X-ray vision whenever I walk by that house. (A few times, I was mad enough to give that dog the finger.) I pretty much avoid most dogs like the plague, but I have seen some really adorable ones who did not look like they would murder me in a horrific manner and put my head on a stake (not necessarily in that order).
And, yes, if you haven't already guessed by the fact that I posted it here, I am a guy, I do love cats, and I know other males who do as well.