Poll: Is Xbox 360 done?

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Treblaine said:
Snarky Username said:
I think you've missed the point... It doesn't matter why people are buying all these consoles, but that people are buying them. Also, you have to admit that it says a lot about a game when they can outsell the commercial juggernaut that is the Wii, no matter how short term it is. The point is that XBox 360s are selling like hotcakes still, Microsoft is still making money, so chances are that the 360 probably isn't done yet by a longshot.
If only capitalism was so infallible that good profit is always correlated with consumer satisfaction. I don't care all that much about Microsoft nor any company's profits (unless they are on the brink of foreclosure) but the consumer and the games, they come first.

Xbox 360 has a lot of hidden costs BEYOND what you'd find with PS3 or Wii that are often not considered by the user when deciding which system to buy:
-Xbox Live Gold, can add $250 to $550 to the overall price of a system
-Excessively overpriced peripherals, from many minor fixes to large and especially Kinect (Move + Eye = $45 + $25)
-RROD + 3 year Warranty / 10 year long generation = huge proportion have to "buy twice" or even more

It can mean going with Xbox that seems to be the "cheap option" at $200 for the 4GB model can cost almost $1000 in the long run to match the GAMING capability of other competing systems which should be enough to buy you TWO powerful gaming PCs

And they get less:
-Sony and even Nintendo each have more development studios working on games exclusively for their systems than Microsoft, who seems to be getting rid of them at an accelerated rate.
-PS3 has always had unique hardware capabilities like Six-axis and Blu-ray
-Exclusive development on PS3 has yielded significantly better graphics than on Xbox 360 (Gears vs Uncharted) also better performance (1080p + 60fps for racers like Wipeout/GT5)
Well seeing as these problems have plagued the XBox 360 since its release and it still is selling huge numbers of consoles, I would say that people really don't care as much as you think they do. For the XBox 360 to be "done" something would have needed to change in the equation, and it appears that nothing has as of yet. There so far is no reason to assume that the XBox is dying. If those issues were really that detrimental to the XBox, one would think that the XBox would have died a long time ago. The PS3 has always had better graphics and better exclusives compared to the XBox, but that hasn't seemed to damper sales as of yet.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
The only reason the 360 (and the PS3) would be considered done is with the popular usage of DirectX 11. Furthermore, Motherboards will come integrated with high end graphics chips and even processors, therefore the higher end hardware will become much less expensive to produce, and a higher (and faster) bandwidth will be present between GPU and CPU.

The 360 and PS3 do not Support Tessellation.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
IceStar100 said:
Well this gen is coming to a close and it seems the once strong 360 is losing all it's me only games.
Just because more and more games go multiplatform, does not mean one specific console will start losing it's mojo. I mean, are exclusives really that important?

If they are, then all I have to say is Halo: Reach and Gears of War 3.

Darth_Dude said:
You know, having like 7 discs for a really big game and the ps3 having one.
Could you please tell me of one 360 game that requires more than 2 discs? (FF13 doesn't count here due to the fact that the game was dragged out waaaaaaaaay too much. 10 hours of bullshit as a fill in is not a good way to make a game)

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
Yeah, 360 is in trouble.

Honestly, it's quite the phenomenon. Xbox started strong and has been steadily losing steam, Wii still sells okay, but big time releases are too rare but the PS3... oh, the PS3 is picking up steam big time since last year. Amazingly, the PS2 is still going... sort of. The PSP, however, is in the worst shape of anything but PS2, yet Sony wants to act like it's "still going strong." It was NEVER going strong. It's pretty crappy. And yes, I own one. I like it, but I don't deny its crapitude.

But really, I have reasons to hate all three systems. I hate the lack of privacy and security on PS360, and their DLC bullcrap as well. I hate that 360fags have so many stupid and immature manchildren, and worse yet, children children who have no business playing those damn shooters online with those foul manchildren. I hate that PSN is full of psychopaths. I hate that the great games always seem to take forever to come out on the Wii, and that Nintendo refuses to let us play their first party games online. Wasn't the last online game published by Nintendo FREAKING MARIO KART?? What the hell is up with that!? And finally, I hate that there's no Wii HD yet and that those damn third parties won't put anything on it just because of that.

Metroid: Other M looks way better than most games on the PS360, damn it. You lazy bastard developers can put your frickin' games on it.

Nom Pretentieux

Aug 2, 2010
I think it's absolutely done as a console for EXCLUSIVES. All the exclusive franchises are coming to a close, and more and more production companies are heading to the ps3 as a production platform. The 360 market is of course bigger than the ps3 market, so multiplatform games will rule, but I think where 360 is losing it's exclusives, PS3 will keep gaining them, and that might give PS3 an upper hand.

EDIT:

Gaming King said:
The PSP, however, is in the worst shape of anything but PS2, yet Sony wants to act like it's "still going strong." It was NEVER going strong. It's pretty crappy. And yes, I own one. I like it, but I don't deny its crapitude.
I think you need to realise how well the PSP is doing in japan. It's really outselling EVERYTHING over there, it's on a rampage. That's why they don't really bother with the west when it comes to PSP. the PSP right now is basically producing games that sell extremely well in Japan, while they, for SOME reason which noone could possibly fathom, are not caring that much about the five people in the west who own a PSP =P

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Dr_Cuddles said:
Boo-Feakin-Hoo.

The exact same thing was said when the 360 started getting games that were previously PlayStation exclusive. Both systems are great, and for their own reasons. One is NOT better then the other, nor is either dying out anytime soon. This Gen of consoles is not coming to a close, hell, they are just releasing new "motion detection technology" for said systems.

Consoles will come and go, but whiners will remain forever.

How's that for a first post.
You sir, have won my support.

OP: Also, this generation is no where NEAR done. Quit trolling.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Dr_Cuddles said:
Boo-Feakin-Hoo.

The exact same thing was said when the 360 started getting games that were previously PlayStation exclusive. Both systems are great, and for their own reasons. One is NOT better then the other, nor is either dying out anytime soon. This Gen of consoles is not coming to a close, hell, they are just releasing new "motion detection technology" for said systems.

Well done, good sir and welcome!

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
What is OT? I've always been used to OP for Original Poster. When I see OT I think..
....Original...Toaster?

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
IceStar100 said:
Well this gen is coming to a close and it seems the once strong 360 is losing all it's me only games.

With Mass Effect 2 going to the PlayStation and it large AAA game like God of War. Is this it for 360 to go out with not a roar but a wimper. I myself will keep the 360 simply becuase I already own it. Unless it RR me again then not so much.
We are far from the close my friend. The 360 is most likely going to be running for four more years, especially with the introduction of the Kinect. You don't pour money into a project like that to just turn around and release a new console.
]

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Nom Pretentieux said:
I think it's absolutely done as a console for EXCLUSIVES. All the exclusive franchises are coming to a close, and more and more production companies are heading to the ps3 as a production platform. The 360 market is of course bigger than the ps3 market, so multiplatform games will rule, but I think where 360 is losing it's exclusives, PS3 will keep gaining them, and that might give PS3 an upper hand.

EDIT:

Gaming King said:
The PSP, however, is in the worst shape of anything but PS2, yet Sony wants to act like it's "still going strong." It was NEVER going strong. It's pretty crappy. And yes, I own one. I like it, but I don't deny its crapitude.
I think you need to realise how well the PSP is doing in japan. It's really outselling EVERYTHING over there, it's on a rampage. That's why they don't really bother with the west when it comes to PSP. the PSP right now is basically producing games that sell extremely well in Japan, while they, for SOME reason which noone could possibly fathom, are not caring that much about the five people in the west who own a PSP =P
I see nothing of the sort happening.

I see porting going on, and its BEEN happening on BOTH sides of the fence for the past five years or so. There are no titles that Microsoft is losing to Sony as an exclusive. Game producers are beginning to open up their minds to the possibility of having multiplatform games more often.

Final Fantasy (sort of), Metal Gear Solid, GTA. Just a handful of former Sony exclusives that can now be found on multiple systems.

Mass Effect, Bioshock are two games that have begun appearing on PS3's now as well (Bioshock a ways back now but still valid point).

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010
THEJORRRG said:
What is OT? I've always been used to OP for Original Poster. When I see OT I think..
....Original...Toaster?
On Topic basically it can be used interchangeably with OP

OT
Not even close. There have been some excellent exclusives like Gears, Alan Wake, Halo series, Crackdown series,Metro 2033, Left 4 Dead series, and that is just what I can think of off the top of my head. With the PS3 losing MGS, I don't see the 360 ending anytime soon.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Dr_Cuddles said:
Boo-Feakin-Hoo.

Pretty good as it speaks for the most of us. At least I hope.
I love my PS3 for its media capabilities and games like infamous. While simultaniously loving my 360 for its social nature online, and games like Halo- Reach.

To the OP, if you seriously its dying out, then why did it release a game only 7 days ago that pulled in $200 000 000?
That doesn't seem like a whimper to me..
And don't get me started on the motion control support.

Additional edit- If halo Reach ever does get ported (yea, yea, I know the Microsoft owning rights stuff, but still, be open minded) It would get a decent run through, as i know plenty of PC gamers who are curious to see the game but lack a 360. And thats the same for PS3 owning friends.
Porting is NOT a disadvantage of a console, its a way to "share the love" of the game.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Whatever you do in life, don't entertain thoughts of university. Your capabilities for independent research are abysmal.

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Troll Successful!!!

OT: You're dumb and so is your thread. Please, do one of two things. 1. Don't ever post again. 2. Back up your post with sources, facts and research so that you have validation because pulling facts out of your ass makes the whole room stink like shit.