Poll: It's not gay if...

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
krazykidd said:
... You're the one getting a blowjob. It's a phrase iv'e heard quite a few times , mostly as a joke , but i'm wondering if there is any truth to it .
A guy I know was in prison for 5 years.
One day, an "alpha male" inmate came up to him with a "*****" inmate and basically said:
"Either he sucks your dick or you become the ***** form now on". He decided to go with the former.
I highly doubt there was anything gay about it, or anything sexual for that matter.

Okay to start off , i'm completely heterosexual, i'm comfortable enough with my sexuality , to be able to say when a guy is goodlooking ( be he has to be REAL good looking ) , but i have absolutely 0 attraction to men .
See, you say you're comfortable and yet, you feel the need to mention that you're not attracted to men.
Men know when other men are good looking, same with women.
We look at our competition to determine our chances at getting a mate. This is a thing that was probably carried over from before we were homo sapiens (hehe, homo, get it? :)

Now i was having a conversation with a female friend of mine , and she asked me if i would get a blowjob from a man . I said no . She told me that i wouldn't be able to tell the difference if i was blindfolded, and she went on the say she wanted to test this out ( for god knows what reason ).
Well, if a woman was going down on her and she was blindfolded, she wouldn't be able to tell the difference as well so that doesn't prove anything.
I can even go further and say that if she was giving a blowjob to a mute shaved gorilla and she was blindfolded, she wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
If you need to close your eyes to enjoy it then you are clearly uncomfortable with it.

We will derive pleasure from the act regardless of source and intent if we allow them to act upon us. So yes, you can enjoy it if you are comfortable enough with it.

The act itself does not make you gay, but the societal dogmas do, at least in the eyes of "the society"... created and enforced by the lowest common denominators. You have to accept the societal fact that sexual pleasure is sin if not only a stepping stone to something "more worthwhile" like emotional satisfaction - of which sex is a part of so I guess it's the I piece in Tetris. Which makes so much sense o_O

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Here I thought I was one of the minority who thought it's only gay if balls touch, guess not.
If I'm honest I think having any form of sexual stimulation/contact with another person of the same sex is homosexuality. But that doesn't mean it's a bad thing, if guys do it for you, then do it, not my place or anyone else's to say otherwise.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
I would classify it as homosexual behaviour but that doesn't magically turn you into a homosexual. That depends entirely on what you identify yourself as.

So yes, you can get or even give a blowjob from/to a man without necessarily being gay.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
It's gay, maybe there's a good reason for it to be not very gay, maybe even so absolutely marginally gay that you can convince someone it actually isn't really gay at all long enough for it to happen, but in that big ol' pile of sugar there is yet a grain of gay.

Plasticaprinae

Jul 9, 2013
People can refer to themselves as whatever they want. If they want to call themselves gay, hetero, or whatever, let them. Its the where they feel comfortable and its respectful to call them what they wished to be called.

But overall I think people are just attracted to people... and sometimes things.

If a man has sexual relations with a man, then its a gay act, but if the man refers to himself as hetero, then he's hetero. Or hell, He could be bi-romantic, but heterosexual. He was just testing the waters. Theres also being heterosexual, but with one exception. The man could also be attracted to a man whose very, very effeminate. Theres just too many situations.

Sateru

Jul 11, 2010
Sex in general is rather fluid when you think about it. To think of it in static terms like just anal and oral is rather annoying. I'm one of those old school romantics that believe in sexuality being based on what you love rather than what you lust for. Fixating on whether or not "it's gay" only fixates on homophobic ideologies that still seem to occur in today's society.

I wouldn't worry about it though... if you've got no intentions of being blindfolded and pleasured by someone who may pull the old switcharoo on you, then don't worry about being blown by a guy. If you end up getting into such a scenario, I strongly suggest you finding a new girlfriend if they seem to enjoy doing such things to you... Unless you're into oral with strangers. :T

Ronald Nand

Jan 6, 2013
If you have no idea whose giving the blowjob, then I imagine you can enjoy it since a gay blowjob is effectively the same thing as a straight blowjob. However if the blindfold is removed and you see a man and you're still enjoying it then you're gay, see a man would kill the experiance for a straight man.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
If you like people of the opposite gender but you also like pleasing a person of the same gender then ur bi.. it's still being gay.. or at least part gay/ part straight... your either straight or your gay in some manor, there's no grey area.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Well you could be bisexual, I mean if you enjoy it than there must be some attraction. Sexual preference is fluid though, trying to designate it as one exact meaning is more difficult than you'd think and it leaves a lot of people wondering what they are.

And really it's not like the instant something like that happens you become gay, your sexual preference is what you prefer and identify as regardless of whatever experimenting you may do, unless that experimenting changes your mind that is.

Angelowl

Feb 8, 2013
As a bisexual I would like for people to note that reading this thread has been an experience of mild amusement. I keep hearing how very heterosexual people are, and then hear excuses about "it's not gay if..." or "it doesn't really count unless..." It's quite entertaining to be honest. To see guys grope each other and then turn around to say "we are straight, honest!"

So my vote was "just close your eyes and enjoy it", stop fussing over the details. It's kind of pointless. A crossdresser I know has mentioned how many straight guys keep hitting on him even when they are aware of all the details. If people stopped worrying over labels and social stigma a lot more would experiment, in my opinion and experience.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Well it's possible to enjoy the physical aspect, if nothing else because physical stimulus of any kind still incites physical pleasure. The difference of course has to do with the mental aspects behind it. It only means you have an attraction to men if you can get behind the idea of having a man give you a blowjob, and it's something that you are alright with while it's happening, not just finding it physically pleasurable. The pleasure in that of itself doesn't mean that you are alright with how you are receiving said pleasure. Rape victims for instance sometimes report feeling pleasure or even reaching an orgasm during the act, not because they like it, but because that's just a natural occurrence when one's sexual organs and hot-spots are physically stimulated. Doesn't mean they liked the rape or would go about having it happen again, it's just their body reacting to physical stimulus.

At the end of the day, it just comes down not to whether you felt physical pleasure, but if the idea that lead to said pleasure is something that you can fantasize or get excited about.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Physical stimulation != attraction.

You could enjoy a blowjob from someone while being unattracted to them, male or female.

Not that it really matters, you shouldn't care if something is gay or not, just do what seems fun.

NemotheElvenPanda

Aug 29, 2012
Considering the "gay for pay" phenomenon for male sex workers, I agree and this is a gay guy talking here. Only one kind of sex is unique to specific couples; cloitus for man and woman, frotting for two men, tribalism for two women, you get the picture. Any other sex act is the same no matter who's involved.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Well duh, blowjobs don't count!

Seriously though, on topic. It really annoys me how people who try to act as if they're completely non-homophobic and fine with whatever fuckery people want to get up will still happily make comments at the expense of the sexually submissive, especially when it comes to homosexuals. Nowhere is this more obvious than the phrase "cocksucker". This is frequently the word people use as a homophobic slur when they don't think they can get away with a homophobic slur. I mean, I think I can say with some confidence that most guys who've had a gay sexual encounter will have at least experimented with giving a blowjob. But have you seen how much it gets thrown around?

Take Black Ops 2, for example. The Admiral in that says cocksucker so much you might start to think he's projecting. They knew there'd be hell to pay if they used a regular homophobic slur in the game, so they make do with one that still covers either a pretty significant portion of gay men, or most of them, depending on how tightly you define a "cocksucker" (and wouldn't that be a fun thing to decide).

And anal stimulation. The amount of pleasure it can bring varies from person to person, but for goodness' sake it's not that scary. Well, assuming the item in question is well-lubricated and carefully inserted, ie. assuming the person who's doing the insertin isn't a maniac, it's fine. Basically, everyone's just traded in looking down on homsexuality for looking down on penetration, because God knows we can't stop judging people for how they act in the bedroom even if we give everyone equal rights.

Anyway. In response to the OP, worrying about it being gay or not...

Gay! Not gay! Euurggh. You must love you.

Or love other men, in this case.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
If you read Dan Savage's blog, you'd know there's actually a lot of straight-identifying men who receive oral sex from gay men, usually because it's free (versus professionals) and they might be lacking in sexual activity at home.

Likewise when a man hires a male prostitute, it's the majority of the time the customer giving oral sex to him. Because that's what turns them on.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
Being Bi I wonder if I can accurately comment. I suppose if you do not care at all in this situation it is not gay, I mean it is not like there is a deference in gender with oral sex and it is not a relationship so at least fro my point of veiw not gay. Now if you wanted to sleep with him yeah you are Bi.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
You can still want to do that but not be gay.

Yeah, it's a gay act, but I wouldn't stress over it too much. You'll still be straight and If nobody tells anyone it doesn't have to be a big deal.

There's such as thing as jailhouse gay. Horny people without release can get all kinds of crazy thoughts until they aren't anymore. However since you have a girlfriend, you can't really claim that.

If you want to dilute some of the gay, tell your girl you'll only do it if it will make her super horny and she will do you really hard. If you want, you could do her before and after just so your bases are covered.

If you're actually straight and your girlfriend wouldn't be involved with this act at all, I wouldn't do it though. You probably wouldn't get anything you want from that unless you were actually gay because regret will most likely hit you afterwards.