Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
SadakoMoose said:
Loop Stricken said:
SadakoMoose said:
So escapist, now what?
Continue.

Is there really any other option?
Any BRONIES I can share this with, now that I've come out as pony?
sorry, but while i respect your lifestyle, and will even vote to make sure you can enjoy it,(i have friends that are gay) i like women, but clearly, i like ponies to :D ALL HAIL THE TRUE PRINCESS, LUNA!!

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
JackSparrowSucks said:
Gay, straight or lying. [http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/health/05sex.html]

If you think you're "bi" chances are you actually "aren't".
Frankly, saying you're Bi is a bit like saying you're a furry; you desperately want to be treated like a minority, all the while navel gazing for silly reasons, but you just AREN'T.

Chances are you're pansexual or omnisexual [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality]...

Please, don't say you're Bi-sexual.
It's like saying you're "very European when it comes to sex." You'll regret the pretentiousness once you get older.
Like the article says, its a complicated thing. I don't think its pretentious to be confused, unless you really are just doing it for attention, and I've know plenty who have. All the labels like bisexual, pansexual, or omnisexual complicate things. Everyone one is more or less able to have sex with what ever individual they find attractive, who cares what they refer to themselves as.

Mad Scientist

Apr 21, 2011
JackSparrowSucks said:
Gay, straight or lying. [http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/health/05sex.html]

Frankly, saying you're Bi is a bit like saying you're a furry; you desperately want to be treated like a minority, all the while navel gazing for silly reasons, but you just AREN'T.

Chances are you're pansexual or omnisexual [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality]...

It's like saying you're "very European when it comes to sex." You'll regret the pretentiousness once you get older.
There are bisexuals out there. Admittedly the majority of people I've met who describe themselves as bi are indeed pan, but there are exceptions.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
MmmFiber said:
Congratulations! You just effectively doubled your possible partners! Huzzah!
You cannot double zero. OH BURN!

Seriously though, don't be one of those faggots (Haha!) who pronounce themselves as GAYmers. Yes, you're gay, take a cookie from the gay cookies plate, now shut the fuck up. I don't call myself a STRAIGHTmer! but if I did, I'd expect to get laughed at, because we're playing a fucking game for FUN and not the chance of a random encounter involving another guy and the liberal application of lubricant. And a gimp in a dress.

not that I'm into that sort of thing. Not gay.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Chibz said:
Straight, so men. Also I'd sure go for a Bulbasaur. Tentacles.

Just kidding. Or am I?
Cookie for the Super Effective Reference. :D

Guess I ought to answer the question since I'm posting....

I'm a mostly straight guy. I find the male sexual organ disgusting, but I can relate to males better than I can relate to females on an emotional level, making a serious relationship far easier to pursue. As a result, I have a lot of male friends who have my back no matter what, but very few female friends whom I trust implicitly and absolutely (though I have a lot of female acquaintances, apparently quiet and bookish[footnote]I'm not actually all that quiet around people I know well, in fact I have a tendency to dominate groups in which I'm comfortable. Around strangers, however, and in large groups, I'm very...shy isn't the right word, if people want to talk to me, I'll talk back, but I won't initiate conversation, if that makes sense.[/footnote] is seriously attractive to a certain type of shallow teenaged girl).

So I suppose you could say I'm heterosexual but biromantic? Something along those lines anyway.

Mad Scientist

Apr 21, 2011
Woodsey said:
Konatacalypse said:
Woodsey said:
Sleekgiant said:
Ghey so guys for me :3

Inb4 hundreds of bisexuals
Nah, bisexual is so 2009. Its all about asexuality these days. Those crazy kids!

OT: Women, although I'm not impartial to the occasional rhododendron.

Off topic for one second.

I can see how claiming to be bisexual could get you some attention, but how would calling your self asexual give you anything more then a puzzled stare?
It was just a joke, but there does seem to be a disproportionately high number of self-professed asexuals on this site.
There was a thread about Yahtzee's sexuality on the Asexuality Visibility and Education Forum a fair while ago. It's possible that this could've caused a flood of ace yahtzee fans to sign up.

Eldarion said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
You got it backwards, bisexual is the normal term and pansexual/omnisexual are dumb overly inclusive labels.
Bisexuals are attracted distinctly to two genders (usually to feminine characteristics and to masculine characteristics, but exceptions exist). Pans are attracted regardless of gender characteristics, or to a broad range approximately equally. There is indeed a difference.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
JackSparrowSucks said:

What the hell?!?

I'm sorry, but you are so totally full of it. I can't believe you could claim that when this post is one of the most stuck-up, pretentious posts I have ever read.

Also, your posted study is a giant, steaming pile of crap. I don't know where you get off telling people that bisexuality doesn't exist, but you are not only wrong, you are ignorant.

For the record, I find people calling themselves "pansexual" or "omnisexual" to be fairly pretentious, since it's just a way of saying "I'm better than a bisexual".

That said, I know plenty of pansexuals who aren't pretentious, they just prefer the term, but the individuals who post hateful crap like this just infuriate me. Get over yourself, and stop being a jerk to the rest of us.

agnosticOCD

Oct 7, 2010
Well, I've been bicurious several times, but even though I'm very supportive of all LGBT, I can't stomach to be anything other than heterosexual, for a lot reasons. It's a good thing there are a lot of things that dissuade me from wanting a guy.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Mad Scientist said:
Eldarion said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
You got it backwards, bisexual is the normal term and pansexual/omnisexual are dumb overly inclusive labels.
Bisexuals are attracted distinctly to two genders (usually to feminine characteristics and to masculine characteristics, but exceptions exist). Pans are attracted regardless of gender characteristics, or to a broad range approximately equally. There is indeed a difference.
I'm not recognizing the label dude. Bisexual is not simply about attraction to two sexes and encompasses gender as well, it can include attraction to more than two genders, as "gender" is a more complex issue.

Bisexuality already encompasses what pansexuality is trying to be, thus the extra label is useless.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
JackSparrowSucks said:
At first blush of course.
Bi-sexuality implies that they have TOTAL attraction for both sexes.
TOTAL. ATTRACTION.
No it doesn't! Bi means two - it implies that one is attracted to two genders rather than one. It does NOT imply the amount one is attracted to either.

It takes a massive amount of idiocy to believe that bisexuality ever implied this. Freud certainly didn't think so, and he's the one who coined the term.

Bisexual means neither fully gay or fully straight. EXACTLY the same thing that Pansexual means. The term Pansexual only exists because some people didn't understand what bisexual meant.

Since science has proven that Bi-sexuality just doesn't exist, all bi's are usually just Pansexuals.
No, one stupidly phrased study indicated the possibility that people aren't EXACTLY split 50/50 on the subject. Which means it was a stupid study, because no one sane claimed that in the first place.

agnosticOCD

Oct 7, 2010
JackSparrowSucks said:
Eldarion said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
At first blush of course.
Bi-sexuality implies that they have TOTAL attraction for both sexes.
TOTAL. ATTRACTION.

But, usually, these self-proclaimed Bi-Sexuals don't realize that whatever you jack off to the most tends to be your ACTUAL preference.
Pan-Sexuality means that you're predominantly attracted to one sex (I LOVE BOOBIES) but you wouldn't limit your sexual affection (BUT I'LL LOVE THE PENIS IF I FEEL LIKE IT)

Since science has proven that Bi-sexuality just doesn't exist, all bi's are usually just Pansexuals.

Or confused. Or pretentious.

TL;DR: NO U GOT IT WRONG AND I'M SMARTER AND COOLER AND I GO ON 4CHAN.
Woah, science has proven that bisexuality doesn't exist? Could you link me to a valid, scientific journal that makes this claim? Or to be on the safe side, could you link me to at least four or five? because I'm calling bullshit on that.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Bara_no_Hime said:
He posted in all caps like a tard, ignore the obvious troll.

There is zero reason to rise to the bait of some tool who can't control himself.