Poll: Just realised I am bisexual

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
DRSH1989 said:
If I were a woman, I'd be bisexual, but since I'm a 21 year old guy, I'm gonna go with heterosexual. No cock for me besides my own thank you very much... then again I've got nuthin' against people with other sexual orientations, but to be clear... if you're a guy and try to ask me out on a date... one of us is gonna end up in the hospital... if they're lucky.
I can just see it now, the "thank you but I'm not interested" line causes so much embarrassment one of you explodes...

I mean, that's the only thing that I assume will happen, because any sort of implied violent threat there would indicate either a bad upbringing or some repressed psychological problem. I'd be remiss not to call you out on it.

But since we all know you can't possibly mean something so hateful, I will just say that the embarrassed explosion would be pretty cute in that awkward tripping over a bike rack while on a date kind of way.

OT: I'm totally straight because I think men and boy-parts are gross and I don't understand them (and by them I mean both men and their parts). Then again, lady-parts are pretty gross and I only marginally understand women better than men. However, the rest of the female form is pretty nice, though.

Congrats on the personal revelation; have fun re-evaluating all affected aspects of your life and finding related trends. (I always thought that was the best part of a self-revelatory moment...what?)

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Eldarion said:
Bisexuality already encompasses what pansexuality is trying to be, thus the extra label is useless.
This.

The definition of Pansexuality is exactly the definition that bisexuals give of bisexuality. Only idiots writing studies who aren't bi would ever try to define the term (or either term) in these strict terms.

People aren't 100% anything. Trying to say that a person is 100% in the middle, and likes both genders exactly the same, is insane - no such term exists because such a term could not exist.

Note: this is not a dig against pansexuals - which is often taken up by people who choose partners for very specific (often non-sexual) reasons. This is a dig against people who claim stupid things about terms they don't understand.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
black_omega2 said:
SadakoMoose said:
black_omega2 said:
Pansexual here
So, all of the above for me, and more ;)

Anybody else in this thread pan?

pleasegetthisreferencepleasegetthisreference....
Nope D:
Explain it please?

someonehairy-ish said:
Hence the slaanesh picture?
Yes, I owe it all to the Lord of Pleasure :)
That's Desire of Endless
please read sandman o:
It's good : 3

black_omega2

Jun 2, 2009
Bara_no_Hime said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
At first blush of course.
Bi-sexuality implies that they have TOTAL attraction for both sexes.
TOTAL. ATTRACTION.
No it doesn't! Bi means two - it implies that one is attracted to two genders rather than one. It does NOT imply the amount one is attracted to either.
However, you are ignoring everything outside those two genders. It seems to me that generally bisexuals have no sexual interest in hermaphrodites nor things outside of humans.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
JackSparrowSucks said:
Anywho, I wasn't trying to offend anybody; or promote silly hate speech.
If any study at all confirmed Bi-Sexuality exists (using the scientific method, of course) then I wouldn't be arsed to even post here.
First, I'm a girl.

Secondly, I like to have sex with both men and women.

Therefore, I am bisexual, by any sane definition, including Sigmund Freud's.

Scientific enough for you?

The definition that you are using of Bisexuality is WRONG. So, you are correct that your literally impossible definition does not exist. The same way that I am fairly certain that Unicorns do not exist in nature.

Your "scientific study" basically said "here's an impossible definition for anyone to live up to" and then said "look, no one does". Hence stupid study.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
black_omega2 said:
Bara_no_Hime said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
TOTAL. ATTRACTION.
No it doesn't! Bi means two - it implies that one is attracted to two genders rather than one. It does NOT imply the amount one is attracted to either.
However, you are ignoring everything outside those two genders. It seems to me that generally bisexuals have no sexual interest in hermaphrodites nor things outside of humans.
Thats a false preconceived notion. Bisexuality encompasses hermaphrodites and gender swapped people as well.

Bisexual is not simply about attraction to two sexes and encompasses gender as well, it can include attraction to more than two genders, as "gender" is a more complex issue. Your label doesn't even begin to work unless you look at "gender" and "sex" as the same black and white terms. It has never worked this way.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
JackSparrowSucks said:
Pan-Sexuality means that you're predominantly attracted to one sex (I LOVE BOOBIES) but you wouldn't limit your sexual affection
What?
Pansexuality means you could be attracted to anyone at all, that you're "gender-blind", if you will. So that's both men and women, and anything else in between (something I don't personally believe in, but some do). It specifically rejects the idea that there are two genders.

Bisexuality on the other hand is attraction to men and women, and those two only.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
black_omega2 said:
Bara_no_Hime said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
TOTAL. ATTRACTION.
I consider transgendered individuals to be whatever gender they choose to be. So if someone was a man, and went through gender reassignment to become a woman, I treat her as a woman. She still falls within the bounds of bisexuality.

Never met an actual hermaphrodite. That... actually sounds kinda sexy. Well, if hentai can be believed. Which, of course, it can't. **sigh**

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
CannibalRobots said:
Ellen of Kitten said:
Interesting poll; it asks what we like without addressing what we are. :) It collects how many people enjoy specific genders rather than what sexuality we identify as. It's similar but different enough to be unique in it's own way. :)

As a trans girl, I like girls. Yay girls. :)
Trans as in post op?

If so, I envy you.
No, unfortunately. I've been Stealth trans for the better part of a decade, but no ops for me. I do "pass" surprisingly well though. I almost don't need any operations. :) (Don't know if I want the "big" one either. We'll see.)

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
omniscientostrich said:
Just_A_Glitch said:
I'm pretty much the gayest straight guy you'll meet.

But I'm straight. So women.
What does that mean exactly? Are you saying that act in a very camp manner, that leads other people to assume your gay? I have a friend like that, you'd swear he was gay if you met him but has a surprisingly impressive track record with the ladies.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
black_omega2 said:
Bara_no_Hime said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
TOTAL. ATTRACTION.
I consider transgendered individuals to be whatever gender they choose to be. So if someone was a man, and went through gender reassignment to become a woman, I treat her as a woman. She still falls within the bounds of bisexuality.

Never met an actual hermaphrodite. That... actually sounds kinda sexy. Well, if hentai can be believed. Which, of course, it can't. **sigh**
Sorry to edge into this back and forth. :) There exists a pidgeon hole for everything, and I've heard the term "pansexual" tossed around for those that want to incorperate people that fall outside gender norms. Or rather, sexual attraction that isn't limited by gender. :)

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Pandalink said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
Pan-Sexuality means that you're predominantly attracted to one sex (I LOVE BOOBIES) but you wouldn't limit your sexual affection
What?
Pansexuality means you could be attracted to anyone at all, that you're "gender-blind", if you will. So that's both men and women, and anything else in between (something I don't personally believe in, but some do). It specifically rejects the idea that there are two genders.

Bisexuality on the other hand is attraction to men and women, and those two only.
No it isn't. Bisexuality is already attracted to the person not their gender. "Gender" isn't a black and white thing like you are trying to make it out to be. There are feminine guys and masculine girls and bisexuality has always left anything open to possibility.

Attraction doesn't work that way either, no one is 100% anything. Its a very complex emotion.

agnosticOCD

Oct 7, 2010
JackSparrowSucks said:
agnosticOCD said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
Eldarion said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
You got it backwards, bisexual is the normal term and pansexual/omnisexual are dumb overly inclusive labels.
TOTAL. ATTRACTION.

But, usually, these self-proclaimed Bi-Sexuals don't realize that whatever you jack off to the most tends to be your ACTUAL preference.
Pan-Sexuality means that you're predominantly attracted to one sex (I LOVE BOOBIES) but you wouldn't limit your sexual affection (BUT I'LL LOVE THE PENIS IF I FEEL LIKE IT)

Since science has proven that Bi-sexuality just doesn't exist, all bi's are usually just Pansexuals.

Or confused. Or pretentious.

TL;DR: NO U GOT IT WRONG AND I'M SMARTER AND COOLER AND I GO ON 4CHAN.
Woah, science has proven that bisexuality doesn't exist? Could you link me to a valid, scientific journal that makes this claim? Or to be on the safe side, could you link me to at least four or five? because I'm calling bullshit on that.
Look at my original post that incited this argument.
I'm not some hit and run poster who actually goes on 4Chan.
How would they be Pansexual? Pansexual implies attraction to loads of other things outside of the usual male/female spectrum. Bisexual only connotes attraction to males and females. Sure, chances are that some closeted homosexual claim bisexuality, but I've met several individuals in my life who are not openly bisexual, but are only ever attracted to males or females. If they're pansexual wouldn't they be attracted to people and things beyond that?

And no, I've only ever gone to 4chan once, and I spent two minutes reading through crap there and never came back since.

sofaspud

Nov 8, 2010
SadakoMoose said:
That's Desire of Endless
please read sandman o:
It's good : 3
Huh, I was going to guess Fang from FF13. *shrug*

OT: I'm a married male (to a female; in this day and age it's nice that we have to specify, I think), and I don't particularly find myself attracted to dudes, but if there is a lady involved, okay! Let the fun times commence!

Haven't yet had opportunity to test if androgynous or feminine men trigger the same effect. Probably won't have the chance, all things considered. But the thought doesn't bother me. :)

Where does that fall? I've been labeled lots of things, but I don't know if I have a Sexuality sticker yet...

black_omega2

Jun 2, 2009
Bara_no_Hime said:
I know right! A penis AND breasts? /drool

Eldarion said:
black_omega2 said:
Bara_no_Hime said:
JackSparrowSucks said:
TOTAL. ATTRACTION.
Thats a false preconceived notion. Bisexuality encompasses hermaphrodites and gender swapped people as well.

Bisexual is not simply about attraction to two sexes and encompasses gender as well, it can include attraction to more than two genders, as "gender" is a more complex issue. Your label doesn't even begin to work unless you look at "gender" and "sex" as the same black and white terms. It has never worked this way.
I would take your word for it, but this being the internet and all do you have something to back that up?