Poll: Kitten Names

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Shadow...as in Shadowcat. I can't believe it's not on the list already. But if I had to pick a pre-existing name, go with Chairman Meow.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
A Mad Monk 2 said:
if its a boy calle him boycat and if its a girl call her girlcat
I'd like to hear what you'd name your children.
I foresee a situation to my math teacher's Addition and Multiplication.
I hope he was joking...

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
OH OH OH Ser Pounce-a-lot! But if I have yo pick one of the options given then definitely Chairman Meow.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
I'd call him "Mr. Ikkle McCuteness of Cuddlesville, Hugglevania".

But Tux(edo) is a great name, too.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
I would have to go with the cat in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the name... Agent Jack Bauer.

You name your cat that, it will be indestructible.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I like Tux.
Also, I'm of the firm belief that you should never give a normal name to a cat. (Since it won't even know its own name)

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Chairman Meow is awesome, but I'll have to go for Tux for the "Baaawwww" factor.
When I get a kitten of my own, I'm so calling him Thundercat.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Well, what's the cat like? I've had way too many cats over the years, and I find that usually there's a name that just fits them, whether it has to do with the cat's personality or looks. My current crop of cats are named Belle, Penelope, Izzy, Natascha, Dia, Little Dude, Orange kitty #27, Orange Kitty #29, Bucky, and Dudley. There's a story behind most of those names -- for example, Dudley was a fat whiny kitten, so we named him after Harry Potter's cousin, and Bucky is a Siamese mix, who looks and, to some extent, acts like the character from Get Fuzzy. Dia is short for "La Diabla," because she's also a siamese mix, and when we caught her as a feral kitten, she was as wild and vicious as she could be, although she tamed down into a very sweet kitty. It doesn't help that her eyes glow red under the right conditions, especially when she's annoyed.

All this is going to say that the best name for a cat is the one that suits him/her the most, and the only one who is going to know what that name is is the person who spends a lot of time with the cat. For what it's worth, my vote goes to "Giovanni." He just looks like a Giovanni to me :p

Ninjastoned

Mar 3, 2010
My advice:
1. Buy DS if you do not own one
2. Purchase Ghost Trick
3. Play through entire game
4. Name Black Kitten after Main Protagonist (trust me it makes sense)

But Im cool with Tux

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Honestly, Tuxedo is a great name for the little guy. But I had to vote for Chairman Meow, because it's just a freaking awesome name.

Gahars said:
I would have to go with the cat in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the name... Agent Jack Bauer.

You name your cat that, it will be indestructible.
That works, too.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Paksenarrion said:
Giovanni. You can stroke his fur while planning evil deeds.
Seconded. Giovanni just sounds elegant, plus lets face it, cats are evil, might as well give a fitting name.

Plus I really don't approve of people naming their cat by the color "Socks, Toes, etc etc"

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
Of the choices, and that adorable kitten... Tux absolutely rocks.

I had a close friend come to me with a mutant Siberian cat (fluffy long-haired breed that, in this case, should have had siamese coloring and blue/grey eyes... she was matte black with brilliant yellow eyes) that he had to rescue (read: "steal back") from a brother's ex-girlfriend.

Originally her name was to be "Snatch" (because of the surreptitious means of acquiring her), but that was nixxed by my wife for the alternate connotation. Instead, she became "Snowball, Slayer of Worlds". To quote my wife: "You better really enjoy having that beast (Snowball was a hefty 10 lbs, and still growing), because there's a snowball's chance in hell that you'll get to have another cat, again." Yeah, she's a dog person... and mildly superstitious about felines.

Fast forward a few weeks to when my father-in-law dropped Snowball off at the vet clinic for her spaying surgery... Ten minutes after dropping her off, I get the phone call from the vet's assistant. "Umm, yes, I was wondering about your cat, Snowball? We just want to be sure... this is a large... very fluffy... um, black cat?" (yep, I did a muted "YES!" after that call)

Back OT: Yeah, I'm definately one for Tux (or to be different, but along the same line: Ido)

VanillaBean

Feb 3, 2010
My mom has this strange philosophy where she names cats after Greek Gods (our cats names are Muse, and Artemis). She looked at the pic and thought Zeus would be a good name.