Poll: LARPing - Would you do it ?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
No, that is where I draw my nerd line.

Especially since I'm 6'6" and pretty heavy they'd probably always make me be an ogre or something like that.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
Probably... But mainly because I want to beat some people over the head with any kind of weapon... I'm exciting that way.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Even thinking about adults runing around with wooden swords makes me sad.

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
I'd give it a try; after all, I lost what little semblance of self-respect I had a long time ago, so looking like an idiot isn't really a concern for me. I'm not sure whether I'd like it or not though.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Naaaa, I done it all the time as a kid, except the rules were made up as we went along like "OMG u cant do that to my guy he's too cool for that."

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
actually me and my friends are planning to go a renaissance fare dressed as pirates and ninja and LARP there.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
I hear Darkon is pretty popular. They go all out, making their own weapons and actually forging plate armor. It even has a movie. http://www.darkonthemovie.com/

And yeah, I am kind of thinking about joining.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
And thus I smote the orge with my broadsword.
OT: Hell yes. I'd love to play an over-the-top version of DnD or WH40k.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Only with people I trust (to keep the secret) and only if we were far enough from civilization for me to convince myself that I was in Middle Earth.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Eclectic Dreck said:
No.

I feel little need to pretend to be able to use a sword when I can just go and actually fence.
Ditto. Watching kids pretend they're Zorro or whatever in taster sessions is always good fun. Haven't had a real fight with an adult for ages though... sometimes eing a sports instructor sucks - just a little bit!