Poll: LARPing - Would you do it ?

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
Lol, if I could run around with my friends randomly swordfighting, yes; with random people though, I could just go fuckin' crazy, because I wouldn't care as much ;D unless teh womenz are involved o.o

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
*Left, right* I'd do it

But in all seriousness, Things like tabletop gaming, live action role playing and playing any game by Blizzard are things you have to have been doing for years and years to genuinely enjoy and not be able to see just how TRULY geeky those things can be if waaaaay overdone. And to conclude my opening statement, I'd probably only do it

A-For a bit of a laugh

B-If my friend and his larping crew were short one elven archer and they had a spare costume

or

C-IF I WERE VERY DRUNK!

And even under that, it would have to be something much cooler than the wishy washy old universe of medieval fantasy and everything Tolkien ever wrote, like some kind of steampunk universe, where colonies were established in space sometime in the 19th century, and the ways of scitech were at constant war with those of the cult of Skra the lifegiver. There were various sub factions of the two ultimate bodies, like the rough tough riders of the steamship core who could always use their skills at the helm and with old world calibar firearms to evade any sticky situation, the priests of ailment, conflicted with many a curse from the higher ones, though deformed, they were the highest practicers of filthy magic. Many classes to pick from such as a photon gunslinger, a Skra wizard, a...hold on I'm gonna start writing this stuff down.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Maybe if for some reason it involved a very pretty girl dressed like an elf, and this very pretty girl teased the idea of sex afterward. Maaaaaybe then.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Nah. I probably count as geeky, but that's a bit far for me. It's higher up the list than cosplay (which I don't do)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Pegghead said:
And even under that, it would have to be something much cooler than the wishy washy old universe of medieval fantasy and everything Tolkien ever wrote, like some kind of steampunk universe, where colonies were established in space sometime in the 19th century, and the ways of scitech were at constant war with those of the cult of Skra the lifegiver. There were various sub factions of the two ultimate bodies, like the rough tough riders of the steamship core who could always use their skills at the helm and with old world calibar firearms to evade any sticky situation, the priests of ailment, conflicted with many a curse from the higher ones, though deformed, they were the highest practicers of filthy magic. Many classes to pick from such as a photon gunslinger, a Skra wizard, a...hold on I'm gonna start writing this stuff down.
... I think you just made me nerdgasm good sir. As long as there is some engineering class to choose from, I'm in! And of course I demand female colleagues/assistances in smexy Victorian dresses and grease on their faces, hmmmm...corsets.... *shakes head* Look at what you're doing to me with that brilliant idea of yours!

Lyiat

Dec 10, 2008
As a member of the Barony of Stonemarch for the United States Society for Creative Anachronism, I have to say yes. Its badass.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
We had a Renaissance fair at my school once. I dressed up as a druid and wasn't made fun of because of it. A fine day it was....

If given the chance, I would definably live action role-play...

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I would try it, but I wouldn't do it on a regular basis because it is WAAAAAYYYY too nerdy for me.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
I was playing a cyberpunk roleplaying game in my formative years and one of my friends got all weird and acting like he was the character. It totally threw me. Didn't ever play again.

I think because it needs to be done in a controlled environment. I obviously would not be there, say hi to Kev if you see him...

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
I kinda do already...
I have a longbow atm, and will be getting a much more powerful longbow later in life.
Also, me and a friend made our own wooden swords (not the crucifix-shaped ones, we made our own traditional practice swords, like the practice swords of the medieval days... to the best of our abilities at least :p ), and we practice with them occasionally. Though he uses a Bokken (wooden samurai sword), while I use a wooden cutlass-type sword... It's pretty fun :p

Though, still. The longbows, with no added sights, no "stabilisers" or other things you can get for bows nowadays... Does that count? :S
In response to the poll itself, I voted "Only with a friend".

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
well no
you say live so im assuming you can actually die in this. so no. if its just virtuality with no literal dieing im all for it.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
I would, but only with a couple of friends for support, and ironically. I mean, it is the nerdiest damn thing you could ever do short of Klingon opera singing.