Poll: Let us remember The Banned...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sure I have seen some members being banned but I ain't going to remember them. (Ok I admit I didn't like them so I'm glad they are gone.)

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
thesilentman said:
Okay, I'll be frank.
Hi, Frank, can I be Margaret?

TopazFusion said:
Well, I'll remember [user]Mortai Gravesend[/user]. They even removed his profile.

Also [user]Karutomaru[/user], and his craaazy threads.
I miss Mortai. I think the only reason his profile got removed was ban jumping, though, so it's not like they were just mean.
Really? Mortai never struck me as the banjumping type.

OT: Zeel.....say what you will about him, he did a hell of a job in bringing us all together.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I'd probably say @maxthereaper. I don't know how many people remember him but he was the forum celebrity before there were forum celebrities.
Max, we hardly knew ye, actually we probably knew too much.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Oh! I've got a good one. [user]Mythrandia[/user]!

Have a read of this.

Still not sure if that was a troll or what...
I remember Mythrandia! Oh god, his threads were possibly the greatest mind-fucks of all time. I loved trying to understand just what the hell he was saying. XD

Copper Zen said:
OT: It turns out that @reonhato had 7 different accounts (including @reonhato @sukoru @pyrate @pyrate27 @imawesome) and actually mocked and taunted the Mods on the Mod Team chat room about their utter inability to stop him or search him out.

It took Kross about 5 seconds to hack the accounts, find out the Poster's real identity, etc.

Crash and burn, baby...crash and burn...
Reonhato and Pyrate were one in the same? Huh, I didn't actually realize that. Don't forget that @yeahinept was him as well -_-

My answer: I don't really miss any banned people per se. Most of them were banned for reasons that I'd agree with. However, I tend to miss quite a few users that just decide to not post much any more.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Redlin5 said:
EscapeGoat said:
Swollen Goat
That's really the only one I mourn. He was fun to derp around with but in the end he tested the patience of the mods and the staff too much.

I have fond memories.
Same here man. Same here. I think he's the only banned user that I miss...

Oh Goat! Oh why!

*Sobs*

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
I was really upset when I saw Mathew94 got banned..I thought it was quite a shame, as I never really saw him do anything wrong.. To me, he was always a super nice guy T_T

But can anybody tell me what happened to Sean Hollyman? He just kinda vanished, and his profile said he was banned, but I could never find a single reason why he'd get banned in the first place?

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
White-Death said:
Mathew94,he was a great and helpful guy,and probably the only guy I really had a full fledged conversation with.
Boudica was funny and Bizzare,but that menstrual art thread scarred me for life.
TestEcull,holy shit,that guy was HILARIOUS.Shame He's gone.

Also,using my magical lurking powers,I think Furburt and Hubilub left to make a new forum,they requested a ban upon leaving.
I didn't even realize TestEcull had been banned. That's a shame. I enjoyed him, as well.

As far as the infamous Zeel, he was around here after I got here. Can't believe I didn't notice him.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
I was a bit sad when Matthew94 got banned, it was a shame, he was a great guy, although it's not too bad, we do go to the same university so if i can find out what his name is and what he looks like, i can talk to him again

But there are two who I'm glad are banned, Danyal and Xanthious

Danyal, because of his anti Islam views and constant threads trying to demonize Islam, fortunately that came back to bite him as on his last thread that got him suspended, of course he could have accepted his punishment like a man, but no he went out kicking and screaming at the mods which led to him getting banned

Xan, because he just came across as your typical republician, a bit of a clockcuckoolander and quite infuriating as well after we debated about gun control where he believed guns are needed to overthrow the government which is why the government wants it. Although.I didn't know he was banned until now, can someone fill me in on how it happened

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
s69-5 said:
Nouw said:
Maybe I have the wrong person, but you used to have a "lion" or some kind of cartoon animal with a green hood/hat as an avatar right?
I recognize your name from the past and thought you'd disappeared, but then noticed you a few days back (catchy avatar).

I went back to my old avatar recently myself as the mood on the forums got very hostile for some reason. So it's back to glaring Maka.
Hmm, I don't think that's me. I had a clown soldier throwing a pie, a Daft Punk helmet, a skeleton bomber-pilot, my current one, various Beastie Boys avatars and that's it.

Yeah, I've been going back to my old ones as well. I brought my current one back as a celebration of sorts.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Ahhh so many have perished since I've first joined. I remember the likes of Furburt, Hubilub and Lord Cuth (who I always liked to think was John Major due to his avatar) being quite a laugh on these forums, the former two becoming quite the celebs with people hunting down their posts to quote them, watching them shower...

I have no doubt they are looking at this page right now from their mighty forum in the sky, the dirty perverts.

But anyway, seems when people become famous in these parts they almost inevitably become banned, meanwhile I linger on like the persistant std I am.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
I think the top two I miss who were banned are Swollen Goat and Cuddly Razor. Both never failed to make me laugh when they were in an argument with someone or just posting in Forum Games.

War Penguin said:
Redlin5 said:
EscapeGoat said:
Swollen Goat
That's really the only one I mourn. He was fun to derp around with but in the end he tested the patience of the mods and the staff too much.

I have fond memories.
Same here man. Same here. I think he's the only banned user that I miss...

Oh Goat! Oh why!

*Sobs*
It's sad not seeing his avatar around the Escapist anymore :(

Sacman said:
Dr.Susse said:
But Darkspectar was always fun in the forum games. He just had that sense of humor that can be mistaken for abuse. Tone is really hard to convey over the internet.
Yeah that and by his third suspension he might as well have been calling out the mods by name and laying out as many specific insults he could before the ban hammer came...<.<
>.>

Dec 14, 2009
Honestly, with the one exception being Matthew94, I don't miss anyone that's been banned.

I can name a few people who I was happy to see the back of, however...

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Zeel will always be the troll I rememeber the most from 2012.

I get it buddy, people wanted to moan about the Mass Effect 3 ending (I was one of those who felt the pain)
but did you really have to reply to every post as if I'd just walked into your house on Christmas morning and crapped all over your presents?!?!?!

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
When you are around as long as I have been the names all seem to run together, and you are never really sure if they have taken a break, have been banned, or has met with some other... unfortunate circumstance.

None the less, incense has been lit and fruitcake sent out. It is the best practice to reflect on our losses while in good cheer and among good natured fellows. Happy Holidays.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Eh. I regret that Danyal has been banned, along with Abyl..Adbyl? Asmyal? Adbane? Damnit, A something! He had a grinning lunatic as an avatar and posted in the R&P. I liked the guy.
As for the rest..Geh, I know of most of the people posted in the first few pages, but I don't particularly miss them.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
sethzard said:
I'd probably say @maxthereaper. I don't know how many people remember him but he was the forum celebrity before there were forum celebrities.
Max, we hardly knew ye, actually we probably knew too much.
People remember him.

He's been banned for about 2 years and still comes up more than anyone else in these threads. To say he made an impression is an understatement.

I wonder if he ever has a peek at the forums to bask in his legacy.

Dunkerloop

Aug 8, 2011
Since I'm a bit more of a lurker, I usually don't keep up with bans. Was kind of sad to hear that Matthew94 got banned, but whatever. Boudicca seemed like the type of person who would just lose it one day. Don't really remember any other banned people, aside from The Cool Kid.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Matthew94. That Star Fox avatar is just absolutely unforgettable.

PsychicTaco115 said:
I'll always remember Sean Hollyman, for his interesting threads

Alas, he deserved his banning. The temptation to quickly get the Neo badge is too strong for some to bare
Sean Hollyman got banned? Aw, I kind of liked him. D: