Poll: Lying to get laid is OK?

MasTerHacK

Apr 15, 2009
I've been thinking about this subject for the past few days, is lying to get yourself laid OK? I'm not saying you should lie about everything to everyone, just for one night stands and not excluding the possibility that you may actually like someone and want a deeper relationship with them.
I've been talking about this subject with my friends, some agree, some don't and I can't really get a conclusive result. So, I'm asking you, the people what do you think.

So, should you lie to get laid: on a one night stand and/or when you actually like someone?

EDIT: From what I've seen, people are getting the impression that I'd lie to get laid. No, I'm asking about your opinion only.

EDIT 2: On the Hot Thread list, hell yeah!

Kakujin

Oct 19, 2008
Well it of course depends on what the lie is about. But in general and on principle, no way in hell.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
No. Lying to get laid makes you a total scumbag douche.
Whether in a relationship, for a one-night stand, or whatever.
Lying for sex? Scumbag douche thing to do.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
tbh there's not a lot to lie about when getting a when night stand from what I know. I mean the thing with one night stands is they're almost purely physical, so what would you have to lie about in order to get one?

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Rather depends on what your criteria are.

Lying about an STD? No.
Lying about being a millionaire astronaut? Fine.
Lying about having 9"? What do you think?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Baby Tea said:
No. Lying to get laid makes you a total scumbag douche.
Whether in a relationship, for a one-night stand, or whatever.
Lying for sex? Scumbag douche thing to do.
Wow. Sir, you put this in better words than I.

OT: Lying is not ever right. Ok, I guess if your life is at stake, I won't judge. But to get sex? Pathetic

Dec 14, 2009
The type of person who lies to get laid is also the type of person I'd call a douchebag.

If you want sex so badly, then hire a prostitute, at least then you're being honest about what you really want.

(Not that I'm advocating the hiring of illegal services).

MasTerHacK

Apr 15, 2009
Stasisesque said:
Rather depends on what your criteria are.

Lying about an STD? No.
Lying about being a millionaire astronaut? Fine.
Lying about having 9"? What do you think?
Something along those lines.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
Daveman said:
so what would you have to lie about in order to get one?
"No I don't have any STD's!"

On topic: Lieing to get laid seems wrong... Especially if it's with someone you care about (A relationship built on lies generally doesn't end well)

The only time lieing is okay is when you need to do some white lies in order to spare peoples feelings (Though not all the time, sometimes people need the truth)

If you have to lie to get laid, then there are some things that you need to re-evaluate.

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
Depends, when I'm feeling like a successful doctor in a bar of lovely girls no, lying about AIDs, yeah kinda.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Only if you don't get caught. That's for lying in general. If you're good at it, and can reliably do it without others finding out, then there's no reason to let that skill to go to waste.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
Daveman said:
tbh there's not a lot to lie about when getting a when night stand from what I know. I mean the thing with one night stands is they're almost purely physical, so what would you have to lie about in order to get one?
Well a one night stand requires you getting someone back to your house in the first place, which involves impressing them, which often involves lying to do so since not everyone is Superman. I've done it before and I don't consider myself a 'scumbag douche' as someone said before - it's just sex really, I'd never do it with someone I actually liked. The trick is not to flat-out lie, but exaggerate. Let's say for example you're a teacher; to this hot chick you're actually a headmaster. You're a security guard at a mall? Hell no, you're a top cop. And so on and so forth. That way if they ask you about the lifestyle you already have some inclination of how it goes and won't be caught out.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
One night stands are all about random encounters in bars where you both put on an idealized version of yourself to entice other people. You're already lying on some level, so why not go absurd?

For a relationship that you want to be long term though, it's just daft. Cos of the whole 'trust' thing.

ceyriot

Jul 21, 2008
I think its wrong on principle. If you really need to lie your way into bed, you're really doing something wrong, and should just start over again.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Lie and a one-night stand is all you'll be getting.

Unless they're also lying. And they've got AIDS. Then you'll be getting something else.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Depends on the lie. I think most people have to lie just a little bit for a 1 night stand, whether it's lying about missing a ride home, or accidently buying her a double instead of a single. Even when your in a relationship, little white lies are just par the course... Have you showered today?... Do you have to get up early?... Do you really think I'm better looking than my sister?

Basically, I think that the better the liar you are, the easier it is to get laid. I wish I was a better liar :D.