Poll: Mario Gets a Sex Change

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
2HF said:

Clearly I win. Where do I collect my prize?
Well, at least it's an adult unlike the other one.

On this basis, you win an unspecified gagglefuck of internetz.

Mar 9, 2010
She's in a frilly dress for plumbing? Standard for female character art, it doesn't look at her character and instead just took mario as a guy and made him into a girl. If there is a reason she's wearing a dress for plumbing then by all means, tell me.

Nope, Mario is better.

pharaoh malik

Dec 1, 2010
I think something very important is missing from this discussion.

-- where is female bowser? :|

And does "Maria" rescue a pansy prince peach, or is Maria a lesbian?

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Relish in Chaos said:
I prefer Mario, because that's what I'm used to and he looks more original. I'm pretty much apathetic towards this Rule 63 version of him.

I like this better anyway, especially the designs of female Wario and Waluigi.
I gotta say, if they were going to gender-swap the cast, these character designs are pretty ideal.

Lrbearclaw

May 19, 2009
sancrkf said:
Looks more like Mario's kid than female Mario...
What I thought myself. Shippers would say it is Peach's daughter but we all know she can only birth turtle-children...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
2HF said:

Clearly I win. Where do I collect my prize?
You win no prize. All you did was find a drawing of a quantum flux mere milliseconds before its spine shattered.

Also, she'd have a similar problem to Lara Croft: Getting her breasts bitten off by the chomping plants because you didn't have clairvoyance to stop in time.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Maybe that'd fit for baby Maria. Adult Maria needs to be a bit chunkier, bigger nose and stuff.
I agree, she's a little too pretty to be the female Mario. At the very least she's too thin.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Is it not obvious. This is Nintendo's new way to retool that Mario game that they've been remaking since '83. Yeah I'm cynical and don't like Nintendo. What of it? But in terms of character design I like this one better just because it's more modern in some ways, and Mario is exactly the same as he used to be.

Caeltyr

Oct 17, 2011
She just needs to ditch the skirt for some overalls and put on a few pounds. Then it will feel right.

I mean, when's the last time you saw a plumber in a skirt and stockings?

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
Don't like.

She needs bigger boobs, less clothing and high heels.

The thigh-highs are a step in the right direction, though.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
aren't the Great Giana sisters intended as female Mario Bro,s?
OT
I think it would be interesting to have a female Mario and it would give us a counter argument against that Tropes VS women woman

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Why are people complaining that she doesn't look like a plumber? Because Mario has done a whole lot of plumbing in his games over the last thirty-one years, right?

Either way, the picture of the entire gender-swapped cast is a bit more believable.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Maybe that'd fit for baby Maria. Adult Maria needs to be a bit chunkier, bigger nose and stuff.
I agree. I think Maria just needs to be a bit more buxom or plump. Mario is been a bit plump in almost every game he's been in, so his female form should be the same.
Relish in Chaos said:
I prefer Mario, because that's what I'm used to and he looks more original. I'm pretty much apathetic towards this Rule 63 version of him.

These ones are my favorite, every one is perfect. Maria and Luigette just need a little bit larger noses, lol.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Relish in Chaos said:

That's a half decent rule 63 there, most go for the 'overidealized' look like the OP's image but those stay relatively faithful to the original characters (apart from the gender difference of course.)