Poll: Mass Effect - post ME3

Imbechile

Aug 25, 2010
I highly doubt that EA will close down such a sucessfull franchise. I'm betting more Mass effect games will come after 3, but by a diffrent developer. That's good, so long as it is given to quality devs :)

implodinggoat

Apr 3, 2009
Mass Effect is just a really great setting for games and at this point its nowhere near getting stale.

After they wrap up the current conflict in Mass Effect 3, I'd still love to see more Mass Effect so long as Bioware can think up a good storyline for them. Though I am inclined to think that Mass Effect 3 should be the end of Shepard's story which from what I've heard is Bioware's intention.

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
Shep's great and I love the stories but it should end at the trilogy and let us explore the rest of the universe.

People have thrown the rachni wars/krogan rebellion about and the first contact war, all of those would be awesome, especially the former I think would have potential for the multiple story line play of DA:O (start as a Salarian STG recruit, Asari commando wanna be, Turian trooper, merc of some function, etc). Where the First Contact War would make a nice two game series, the first from one race's perspective, the second from the opposite. (or just do two campaigns in one game)

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect. In fact, the Mass Effect series is probably my favourite video game series.

However, I don't want any sequels. I don't want any spin offs.

The way to keep integrity in a series is to end it when it has its run. Yeah sure, it will be sad to see Mass Effect go - but history tells us it's best to let things end.

I don't want to see Mass Effect turn into something like Call of Duty.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
I chose the second option, Bioware did a very good job in creating a the universe of ME, so I'd be sad to see it go. I wouldn't want to continue with Shepard though, I don't have anything against his/hers character per se. But they already had to raise him from the dead in ME2, so pushing him forward would be ridiculous. But having a new character, possibly having the ability to choose from the various different races would be the way to go.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Shepard's story should end with ME3. Anything else afterwards would seem anticlimactic, and a new protagonist could provide a fresh look at the universe.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I just thought of something.....why not, let Bioware (or indeed other companies) make more sequels....
BUT make the NAME Mass Effect Off-limits after ME3?

That way, Mass Effect's good name could never be tarnished by any sequel (unlike Sonic, Mario, CoD.etc.) but we would still have games in that galaxy (well....this galaxy) and new stories. If they suck, so BE it, it won't take a dent out of Mass Effect.

Thoughts, Raiyan?

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
As long as I don't see Shepard at all in a post-ME3 game, I think any game after that will be at least tolerable. I don't want them to screw with the story for the sake of a new game to put on the shelf.
Kortney said:
I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect. In fact, the Mass Effect series is probably my favourite video game series.

However, I don't want any sequels. I don't want any spin offs.

The way to keep integrity in a series is to end it when it has its run. Yeah sure, it will be sad to see Mass Effect go - but history tells us it's best to let things end.

I don't want to see Mass Effect turn into something like Call of Duty.
Unfortunately I doubt that can be avoided, with how popular the series is, they are almost guaranteed to try and milk it for the money it's worth. Even just one spinoff, like a Mass Effect MMO, looks like it already has a fanbase of sorts.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
GrizzlerBorno said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
The fact is, BioWare isn't exactly known for churning out endless sequels (possibly because they are Canadians - their moms probably didn't teach them how to rip people off, unlike ours' amiright guys?)
What're you pretending to be American for? I thought you were all for Anonymity on the interwebz?
Your ignorance is evident from your post! Haven't you learnt from Halo and Mass Effect? In the future, when we finally make contact with the aliens and all our identities coalesce into a general Earthling status, we're all going to talk in English with a North American accent. Eventually, most of the races ranging from Turians to Covenants will follow suit. So I'm practicing beforehand.

[sub]Or maybe my stab at the Canadians was because of the 'How I Met Your Mother' marathon I just went through...[/sub]

GrizzlerBorno said:
I just thought of something.....why not, let Bioware (or indeed other companies) make more sequels....
BUT make the NAME Mass Effect Off-limits after ME3?

That way, Mass Effect's good name could never be tarnished by any sequel (unlike Sonic, Mario, CoD.etc.) but we would still have games in that galaxy (well....this galaxy) and new stories. If they suck, so BE it, it won't take a dent out of Mass Effect.

Thoughts, Raiyan?
My opinion is quite the opposite.

First off, if BioWare cares enough about our feelings to change the name of their franchise, then I'd take advantage of them and lead them not to make any sequels at all if said sequels are bad.

But if the next installments are good enough, then I'd rather they keep the Mass Effect title - simply because the name implies a certain technology and stories surrounding it have the chance to be ambiguous and not at all related to the over-arching crisis of the original trilogy. So the search for a new name would be rendered irrelevant.

Anyways, any ideas for what a new name could be?

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Hader said:
Unfortunately I doubt that can be avoided, with how popular the series is, they are almost guaranteed to try and milk it for the money it's worth. Even just one spinoff, like a Mass Effect MMO, looks like it already has a fanbase of sorts.
Certainly can't be avoided. It's a huge money making potential.

A Mass Effect MMO would be a good a way to kill off the series as any.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Wayneguard said:
I would really hate to see the ME franchise and universe to disappear after the 3rd game. I actually wouldn't mind if they shed the rpg element and went in a different direction with some spin-offs (quality spinoff's... not Urdnot Kart Racing >_>). Maybe something from a turian perspective or a space-combat kinda thing. Hell, a descent: freespace clone in the ME universe would be fantastic.
Hmm Urdnot Kart Racing you say? Excuse me im going call Bioware about this money making machine

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Kortney said:
Certainly can't be avoided. It's a huge money making potential.

A Mass Effect MMO would be a good a way to kill off the series as any.
There's already a movie in the works. If EA didn't push Bioware for another (likely MMO) spinoff, I would be quite surprised.

A toast to the trilogy then :p

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
More games in the Mass Effect universe would be great. BioWare is one of the select few developers that I trust completely to make a great experience every time (Blizzard being the other).

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
If you ask me they should have kept Shep dead with 2.
I was hoping to play as a Krogan.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Souplex said:
If you ask me they should have kept Shep dead with 2.
I was hoping to play as a Krogan.
Or a Hanar. Just sayin......

Raiyan 1.0 said:
[sub]Or maybe my stab at the Canadians was because of the 'How I Met Your Mother' marathon I just went through...[/sub]
ENOUGH with that Fucking SHOW already! It isn't THAT good. You guys are obsessed with that shit! It makes me want to hate it! that's right, you're reverse psycholog'ing my ass. *sigh*
(To anyone else reading this, i know this guy eye-are-ell, and i'm referring to people in our common friends circle, not any escapist people. Although, Munad would probably make a pretty good escapist.)

Raiyan 1.0 said:
Anyways, any ideas for what a new name could be?
Ignoring any of the other stuff (cause i'm hungry), I have this pretty cool story idea in my head about how the Prothean extinction happened. If i ever wrote that, or made a game about it, the name i thought of is "Harvest 15" (implying it's the FIFTEENTH time, that the Reapers have wiped out all sentient life from the galaxy, although any teen ending number sounds nice.)

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Don't get me wrong, Shepard is amazing for me [ Male ] but however, I am dying to play as a Salarian/Turian in a game or a MMORPG.
What about a Drell? They seem pretty interesting, Although I agree with you about the Turian.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Pancakes are awful tempting, but I would rather have a nice series of games that further explore the ME universe.

Unless I'm starving. Am I starving?