Poll: Men only subject - do you shave?

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Egg. Obviously.
There's nothing else to say.

I don't shave. Occasionally I'll be put in a situation where I'll have to shave but those are few and far between

Superlative

May 14, 2012
Thanks to being part Native American, I generally only need to shave every two or three weeks. the only place i can ever grow facial hair is under my chin. I've had a goatee for a few weeks, existing mainly for the purpose of making me look my age but by the time you read this, i may have shaved it.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I shave every day as it is required for my job. Given the choice when I'm on vacation, I let my beard grow and only shave my neck to keep the whole thinking looking neat.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
dmase said:
Xan Krieger said:
I found that I have two bald spots under my lower lip (totally symetrical) so I don't grow a beard but I do have a pretty kickass mustache.
Ugh that's actually pretty common, I have that and a lot of people without big full beards have that from what I've seen. It might also be an age thing, don't know really.
I had a beard just to see how it would look and honestly it's like a point under my lip that expands outwards before curving back up. Looks really stupid on me so I'm sticking with just a mustache.

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
I typically have a goatee/ soul patch combo with side burns but other than that I shave everything else daily or every other day (if I'm feeling lazy)

Chaosed

Sep 20, 2010
I try and shave as often as my face lets me. I have sensitive skin, so shaving can be irritating. I shave with plenty of sensitive skin shaving cream, warm water and after words apply a moisturizer with salicylic acid and glycolic acid to make sure I don't end up with any razor burn.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Voxgizer said:
Aerodyamic said:
Voxgizer said:
Aerodyamic said:
Voxgizer said:
I've been known to let my goatee swing freely from time to time.

Feels good, man. Hope the picture isn't gigantic.

I generally save the other areas once a week or so.
I wish I could get mine that long; longest I've managed was about 5", which was able to cover my throat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151413681565132&set=t.664585131&type=3&theater

Catpcha: beautiful friendship... I guess the internet is telling us we should be beard buddies?
It took me a little over a year to let it get that long.

Captcha might be right. Beard buddies are always good.
My beard must grow a bunch slower, then.

I should mention the first rule of being beard buddies, though: no making out, because beard-lock sucks, and trying to un-velcro 2 beards is a terribly frustrating game.

:)
Definitely.

Beardthulu approves of these terms and conditions and agrees that the game is, indeed, frustrating. :D
Beardlinger also approves.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
I maintain a full goatee (or at least try to), so I very rarely shave the chin/mustache. My old beard trimmer used to absolutely butcher my goatee, though, leaving an uneven mess of broken beard hair. Not really visible, but I'd pick at it constantly because it would feel like having steel wool on my face, and then after a while I'd realize that I'd ripped half of my goatee out, forcing me to shave everything.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I've had a beard for about 2 years now (ever since I finished school). I trim it every few weeks with a pair of scissors. It suits me better than being clean shaven.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I tend to shave one or twice a week.I find the act of shaving an annoyance and can't be bothered to do it more frequently than that.

On a side note, I recently had my lower arm shaved for wrist surgery. Why the hell can't my arm hair grow as quickly as my facial hair? This crap is getting on my nerves.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Every day cos i work. But if im not going to work or any where fancy then i dont bother. Shaving sucks.....especially if you fuck it up.

Its all weird for guys. 3 blades, 5 blades. I was told a single blade razor, hot water and foam is all you need. Multi bladed razors are a rip off and cause more damage due to multiple strokes....as in five blade razor is like passing a single blade razor 5 times over your skin. Irritates more and loses more moisture and thus razor burn. But knowing that, i still have a five bladed razor....i feel so bad.

arcaneInflection

Mar 14, 2012
Manly sideburns for me, the rest gets kept in check 1 or 2 times a week. Oddly enough I just ran out of shaving cream.
Captchas listening to wubstep apparently: oohtz oontz

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
antidonkey said:
I tend to shave one or twice a week.I find the act of shaving an annoyance and can't be bothered to do it more frequently than that.

On a side note, I recently had my lower arm shaved for wrist surgery. Why the hell can't my arm hair grow as quickly as my facial hair? This crap is getting on my nerves.
Or why does you head lose hair, but your face doesnt? That makes no sense to me at all.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Unless you're Hagrid, Santa Claus, or can't grow a beard I think everyone shaves at some point. I shave every couple of days mostly because my hair grows slowly and I don't mind a little scruff during the in-between.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
I never CLEAN shave, but I'll take an electric razor and trim up so that I have very light and short stubble.

I don't touch my chin however, I let that grow out.

souper soup guy

Aug 8, 2011
I really wish I could grow a beard, sadly all I can manage is a bit of peach fuzz that needs to be shaved every couple of weeks.
Its a shame too because I really want a beard.

Fourspaces

May 28, 2008
I shave most of my face, aside from mustache and goatee, which I trim when it starts to get unruly.