Poll: Men only subject - do you shave?

MonkeyGH

Jul 4, 2011
Typically I shave semi-regularly (weekly) just to look decent in public. However, sometimes I shave every day when I feel really nit-picky about it.
On three separate occasions I have let it grow out for about a month or so just to see where my beard is coming along.
I use an electric razor to trim it down and then I shave the rest of with a normal razor to get the leftover stubble.

That being said, if the sides of my face could grow hair more consistently, I'd probly be rocking a beard on a regular basis. But as of now, everything grows in except that darn face-cheek hair. >.>

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I shave my face clean when I do shave, but I usually put it off until it's starting to get gross. I really should shave more regularly...

DoctorImpossible

Jan 18, 2013
I haven't fully shaved since 1992 or so when I grew my first goatee. In recent years I've been giving equal time between 'Friendly Mutton Chops' and 'Full Beard', since the simple goatee is very 90's and has been showing it's age for a while, imo. I like to think the Evil Me from the mirror universe still wears his, however.

I trim only when my beard becomes completely unwieldy and I start to resemble a sloppy homeless derelict rather than a majestic sea captain or mighty lumberjack.

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
Army says "no beards", and dem's the rules so... I have to shave daily or every three (weekend holidays). Prior to that, I kept tiny soul patch which I'd like to grow back once I finish this mandatory service.

Oh yeah, shaving machine. I never learned the razor, and won't.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Never been one for facial hair to be honest. So I shave. I don't need to shave all that often though as my facial hair doesn't grow that quickly. I like it that way as the fact that I lack chest and back hair. What can I say, there's probably not all that much testosterone flowing around in me.

And I use an electric razor for the record.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
i have testosterone issues so I only shave about once every 3 months, and pretty much what I grow in 3 months is equivalent to some people grow in less than a week.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
The last time I saw my face was around July 2010. Maintaining a beard ever since. I let it grow for a whole year at one point. It's funny, I have thought about shaving it off, a scary idea since I don't really remember what I look like without it.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
I shave almost everyday, except sometimes on the weekend. I'm clean shaven save for my sideburns. I always leave my sideburns.

PyromaniacLVI

Jun 4, 2012
I shave every 2-4 days, head, face, armpits only leave the eyebrows and the eyelashes. (Cant shave scalp every day or I would.)

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
I shave every other day, basically. I can't be arsed to do it every morning, but I do keep it short. The reason is fairly simple: I can't grow a full beard yet. It grows really fast everywhere, except for my face, and thus looks horrible if I leave it for too long.

That, and my girlfriend likes it better that way.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
My facial hair doesn't grow quick enough to warrant waiting to see what I'd look like with a beard or mustache, and I have a bald spot on my neck right below my chin. So I shave my face completely, but I don't have a schedule. I just usually don't notice it until my face and neck gets itchy.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I shave when I need to shave. So about once a week, maybe more if I'm thinking of going out or to something important.
I'll shave more when I'm actually old enough to grow a proper beard, because I don't really want one.

RyoScar

May 30, 2009
I shave whenever I actually remember to shave, so most of the time I have a beard, moustache and sideburns combo :)

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
I shave either every day or every two days, mostly due to that being what is required of me by my current situation. I use a razor, something about electric shavers just annoys me. That said, if I didn't have to be clean-shaven most of the time, I'd grow a beard. I've always wanted one, never had the opportunity to grow one. Plus, I'm just plain too lazy to shave every day if it wasn't required of me.

WaRreapeR7

Jan 13, 2009
I shave my cheeks area for little patches of hair and the neck, but I leave my chin and mustache, I just look more natural like this, and I prefer it. if only they'd connect already =l going for a full on like..Gordan Freeman look.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
I shave fairly consistently, because I unfortunately don't have the capacity for a full beard. My chin and my cheeks both grow hair, but there's like a gap between them where simply nothing will grow. I don't particularly like that, it just looks fucked up, so I shave my cheeks, though I will generally leave my chin alone, I'm rather fond of the goatee thing I've got there.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
I am still experimenting on my facial hair but currently i just keep keep stubble. I never let a moustache grow however i prefer to keep chin stubble.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
All men need to see this:

srsly better quality than the gillette ones, 1/4 the price, and they deliver it to your house.. how could you not go for that?

and I have to shave for work due to safety regulations >.<
barely shave (once a month) when i dont need to tho.. just rarely find myself in a situation where being unshaven isn't allowed/would be looked down upon

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I look up manly beards online and look at them until my own beard feels unworthy and falls off my face in shame
usually with a goatee-sideburns combo