Poll: Mindless hatred for the Xbone?

Lictor Face

Nov 14, 2011
Yeah sure, the inability to share games IS bad. The possibility of the "big brother is watching you" scenario IS bad. The constant internet requirements IS a low blow.

However, is no one out there trying to find any bright-spots in this mouldering black hole of a topic? Or is everyone simply going with the flow regarding the Xbone and hopping on the FACK TEH BAWKZ bandwagon because they can't be bothered to make their own opinion?

I mean, I don't like the Xbone ( And I own an extremely worn out white 360 ) , but don't you think all this mindless hatred is going a bit far?

Every forum I wonder on, heck nevermind forums, even SOCIAL MEDIA is choked up with tens of thousands of horrible meme jokes berating the Xbone.

So do people genuinely hate the Xbone that horribly? Or are they simply too lazy to make their own opinion and go from there? Nothing is completely bad , that is the bias talking.

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
Well there is a 'say one good thing about the xbox one' thread. As for the unrest, I wouldn't call it mindless hatred, it's pretty mindful hatred. Microsoft released a cavalcade of horrible ideas, horrible press, and disrespected consumers at every turn, going ot the point of saying words to the effect of "Deal with it, use a 360, and upgrade your internet you heathen". The amount of wrath is completely appropriate, and should be even more widespread to increase the odds that Microsoft doesn't write of this disgust as a 'vocal minority' and actually understands what they are doing is foolish, disrespectul, and abusive of consumer rights.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
Are you asking the internet to hate the Xbox One a specific appropriate amount? Who cares whether or not someone thinks it's the devil, and who cares whether or not someone else thinks the Xbox One is the second coming of Christ? The market will ultimately vote with its wallet, and Microsoft will have to stand behind their decisions. That's all that matters.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Don't take a mass shared opinion as no-one being able to think for themselves.

Actually, it kinda shows the reverse, people aren't just blindly sticking to Microsoft because of any loyalty to the 360, many are actually changing to Sony because they've seen what the Xbox One is trying to do, and don't like it.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011

Why should we bother looking for the silver linings around the Xbox One when everything else about it and everything that has been coming out of Microsoft's PR in response to it has done nothing except confirm gamers' worst fears and alienated them more and more?

I don't give a single toss about whatever exclusives they have, because they have conclusively stated that they don't care about me purchasing their product. They have actively told me that I shouldn't purchase their product. They have staunchly refused to grant any ground to the people who might have wanted to buy their product, but are going to be unable because they don't have good enough internet connections. They have told me that I should be grateful that their product costs $100 more than Sony's, because they're overproviding in services. They have stated that hoping for it to be compatible with games from their previous system is "backwards" thinking. They have refused to give the option of buying the Kinect or leaving it out. They have openly stated that they're going to actively impose on my right to own property that I paid for.

Why should I give them the benefit of the doubt and say "Oh, well, at least it's not going to brandish a knife and kill my pet while I sleep!"

Lictor Face

Nov 14, 2011
So thats it then? The Xbone is COMPLETELY worthless and not worth the metal its made with? Is that the whole point of the possibly hundreds of hate-threads on the internet? That....is disturbing. So far nothing in creation has ever been wholly negative. Even the Nazis, for all the abominations they have done, did contribute to the development of the first space rockets and their deeds formed the basis of the international war crime court.

I just refuse to believe that there is nothing good about it. There is ALWAYS a silver lining regardless how horrible the situation.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I could have stopped talking about how badly Microsoft done goofed a while ago, but when the stream of horrible news just won't let up (contributed to prominently by Don Mattrick's full-retard approach to PR), they just keep on handing me and millions of other gamers the spanking paddle and asking if they may have another.

It seems like every single decision regarding the Xbox ONE has been made with the express purpose of excluding people from their business. People who live in one of the over 200 countries which the Xbox ONE will be unusable in; people who spend extended periods of time abroad in any of those countries for various reasons; people who don't have a consistently stable internet connection; people who like to swap games around with their friends; people who don't think it's reasonable to tolerate all this, for not very many games at launch, for $500 (plus extras). How much longer is the list going to get? Who does Microsoft think their consumer base is, that they can reject so many different groups and still come out on top?

You want a silver lining? Ok... erm... I like Halo (though not enough to buy an Xbox ONE obviously), and Quantum Break looks kinda cool... ish... even though we still don't know anything about i-ok enough qualifying statements!

That it. That's literally all I can say about the Xbox ONE that isn't directly negative, and even then it's nothing I can get excited about against the overwhelming imbalance of bad news. You can't say I didn't try though.

Vylox

May 3, 2013
It is an inferior product, backed up by people who are apparently business experts who have no idea what business is. They have talked down on gamers, they have stated that they expect stupid and un-informed people to buy this product. And they have made bold statements saying that the cloud is the future of gaming, without understanding just what cloud processing entails. And then they come out and say that the gamers should be grateful for the higher price.

The XBox One as a system, has less capabilities for gaming than my tablet, less everything than my tablet actually, and it costs nearly twice as much. Not to mention that it has more restrictions and requirements than my tablet or phone.

Seriously. I'm fairly sure that the gamers, who are looking to purchase a dedicated gaming console have every right to be in an uproar or pissed off about the XBoxOne, as it is not a console for gaming.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Even if the hate is going overboard right now(and I don't think it's so, because they basically told many gamers that they don't want those gamers' business, and treat us like we're stupid by saying gamers need to be educated), the point of showing such outrage is to show Microsoft that the consumer won't accept their shit. Hell, EA listened when people threw a big enough hissy fit. Bioware listened. Ubisoft listened. Even though Microsoft clearly isn't listening now, if we speak loud enough, at some point they will listen, or go under for not doing so. That's why this "mindless" hatred actually is useful and has a point to it. We need it to get Microsoft to realize that the consumers are not so stupid as to accept these terrible policies, or maybe their burning corpse can be an affective warning to future souless corporations.

Don't get me wrong, I know Sony just wants my money, however, they realize that it is me they must appease and please to get my money, not me appease them for them to get my money.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Wesley Au said:
I just refuse to believe that there is nothing good about it. There is ALWAYS a silver lining regardless how horrible the situation.
The problem is that the silver lining doesn't negate the problems. And considering that Microsoft is trying to move console gaming into a future that, judging by the response the Xbox One has gotten so far, most people don't want, what reason is there to be the devil's advocate for them? What good could possibly come out of pointing out how the Xbox One truly isn't so bad?

Yeah, it's not completely bad. It actually still plays games, and some of the ones announced for it look like they could be a bit of fun. But it's the principle of the matter. Do you want consoles moving into a future where everything has to always be connected all the time or else it stops functioning for no reason other than the fact that the big corporations don't trust you to play with their toys the way they intended? Because I sure don't.

Lictor Face

Nov 14, 2011
alphamalet said:
Are you asking the internet to hate the Xbox One a specific appropriate amount? Who cares whether or not someone thinks it's the devil, and who cares whether or not someone else thinks the Xbox One is the second coming of Christ? The market will ultimately vote with its wallet, and Microsoft will have to stand behind their decisions. That's all that matters.
That is called forming an opinion. I heard those things are all the rage in internet forums and discussions.

I want to know because, like everyone else I believe, I want to know if the Xbone is still viable as a purchase. I believe I am not the only one still considering the Xbone, and if yes, it truly is a bad day for consoles everywhere.

I am not asking the internet anything. Why did you bring up that point? Does no one else find it silly that the whole of the gamer community just turned on Microsoft in the same amount of time it takes for a man to throw a bone to his dog? So far I have seen LITTLE if not completely zero threads discussing the Xbone's viability. In contrast, there are MANY threads discussing how Microsoft is *yet again* kicking its consumers in the balls with yet another hash feature.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Wesley Au said:
The Xbox One is like a zombie of a loved one or a family member. You can't entertain the notion that there might still be something good underneath their rotting flesh because if you hesitate then the infection spreads. So you just pretend that you don't know them, or that there is no cure, or whatever it takes to pull the trigger.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Most certainly.
I'm not arguing that the Xbox One will be for everyone (and by that I don't mean poor people/rich people) obviously it isn't, but for those whom the stipulations are within their realm of acceptance, I'm sure it will be a fine console.

Oh dear, I said that didn't I? It must mean I'm a paid plant from M$, not that I'm being a rational level headed human being who's looking at the situation subjectively and without bias.

The way they've marketed the console has ultimately been their worst fuck up, from what I've seen. Shouldn't have tried to be so secretive. That behavior breeds and invites the imagination to make up all kinds of horrible feelings and ideas.

I'm not sure they can salvage it at this point to be honest, but we'll see. They should certainly keep this scenario in mind as an example of what not to do in the future.

Lictor Face

Nov 14, 2011
Also yeah, that Microsoft statement was pretty much a bullet to the foot on their part, but still, its not the first time a spokesperson for a large organisation said something amazingly stupid and doesn't really affect the merits of the device itself even if it does alienate the playerbase.

Lictor Face

Nov 14, 2011
piinyouri said:
Most certainly.
I'm not arguing that the Xbox One will be for everyone (and by that I don't mean poor people/rich people) obviously it isn't, but for those whom the stipulations are within their realm of acceptance, I'm sure it will be a fine console.

Oh dear, I said that didn't I? It must mean I'm a paid plant from M$, not that I'm being a rational level headed human being who's looking at the situation subjectively and without bias.
That is precisely what I am trying to say. People should at least bother to argue the merits of the Xbone, if nothing else but to prove it sucks in comparison with the other consoles out there. The situation right now is pretty much a one-sided argument, anyone with the balls or the GALL to consider buying the Xbone is literally being thrown on the proverbial pyre with the Xbone itself on the stake.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
It's like Microsoft are *deliberately trying* to be bad.

They didn't just "screw up" but went out of their way to include the most customer-unfriendly ideas they could think of.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Wesley Au said:
piinyouri said:
Most certainly.

That is precisely what I am trying to say. People should at least bother to argue the merits of the Xbone, if nothing else but to prove it sucks in comparison with the other consoles out there. The situation right now is pretty much a one-sided argument, anyone with the balls or the GALL to consider buying the Xbone is literally being thrown on the proverbial pyre with the Xbone itself on the stake.
Mhm.
Hell I can state a number of things I really don't like about the PS4, it's not like it's some golden child, pure and untouched by the crimson stain.

-No backwards compatibility, same as the Xbox One.
-From what I can tell, you don;t have to do anything special to broadcast your play videos to friends, they are just always there for them to see. I don't necessarily always want people seeing what I'm playing, or how I'm playing.
-The share feature will not allow you to screen/vid cap everything, as the developers will have the ability to lock out certain parts of the game where the feature will be unavailable.

QuantumNebula

Jun 4, 2013
I completely agree that the Xbox One is a pretty bad console. However, too many people are just taking every negative rumor about the Xbox One and taking it as the truth as long as it fits their hate the Xbox One agenda.

For me, Microsoft needs to tell me reasons why cloud gaming and always online actually benefit me. Until they can do that, I will not accept it. Also, their, "family plan" isn't enough, I can do that already without being always online.