Poll: Mindless hatred for the Xbone?

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
I don't hate the "Xbone". Hate is a strong word and I don't spread hate about it. I just don't like what they're doing with it and I get a bit amused when microsoft say something stupid that digs themselves in a deeper hole PR wise. Some times when they dig themselves deeper hole PR wise I make a comment.

I would rather spend money on getting decent pc. I have been playing on laptop with an intel integrated graphics card for a while and I am able to see the advantage of getting a decent pc that can run games better and actually being able to play certain game on my steam game list that don't work on my computer sounds nice. Even some of the games that work don't run very well.
after I obtain a decent pc then I may get a ps4 at some point. so far I am not convinced getting a xbox one is worth getting though.

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
You're asking for us to look for the silver lining regarding a putrid product designed from the ground up to rob you of your consumer rights? Not only is making excuses for such a thing detrimental to the gaming industry as a whole, but you never even mentioned any positives yourself.

I can find silver linings in the Wii U's lack of games because we know more are on the way. I can find the positives in the PS4's lack of backwards compatibility because I take solace in the fact that we'll be able to play used games and not need to be permanently tethered to the net to use it. No HAL 9000 spying on me, no restrictions if I want to bring a game to a friends house. etc. I can even find some small positives in how EA is as of late. We are getting Mirrors Edge 2 and Battlefront so SOMEONE there is listening to our requests.

But Xbone. No. That is the thing that should not be. It is the prototype of a draconian future that symbolizes pure greed and control. It is unwise to embrace it. Do not encourage this shit. Do not make excuses for it. There is no game and no reason why anyone should bend themselves over to even give it the time of day. There are no silver linings because that would mean that Microsoft would of provided some feature somewhere that benefited the customer solely with no ulterior motive for themselves. And at this point we all know that these clueless chuckle fucks are truly incapable of even that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Wolfe M. Howler said:
You know, I haven't heard a single "silver lining" from you, either.
That's kind of a big thing, too. If you cannot offer actual positives, if your only argument is "stop hating," maybe you should reconsider your stance.

All I've heard so far is "it's not THAT bad." And maybe it's not. But what we should be hearing, especially from Microsoft, is why it's good. And they can't pitch anything good to us, it seems. And the fans can't. So maybe it's time to give up the pretense. Because these folks talking about how it's not that bad aren't really doing more than trying to mitigate the negatives. If there aren't and major upsides...Maybe it IS that bad.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Wolfe M. Howler said:
You know, I haven't heard a single "silver lining" from you, either.
That's kind of a big thing, too. If you cannot offer actual positives, if your only argument is "stop hating," maybe you should reconsider your stance.

All I've heard so far is "it's not THAT bad." And maybe it's not. But what we should be hearing, especially from Microsoft, is why it's good. And they can't pitch anything good to us, it seems. And the fans can't. So maybe it's time to give up the pretense. Because these folks talking about how it's not that bad aren't really doing more than trying to mitigate the negatives. If there aren't and major upsides...Maybe it IS that bad.
Well, according to Microsoft, the silver lining is so awesome we can't comprehend it from a presentation. To truly understand the silver lining, pay $500 and buy one - then it will all make sense. And if it doesn't, meh. Maybe the 360 is better for your backwards thinking ass.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
I don't hate it. I'm going to get it because my friends will and it has the games I want, that's all I care about.

I don't buy used games nor do I trade in my own, and I'm already constantly online as it is.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
I am sick to death of these Xbox hate threads. Your ruining decent threads about actual games. Who seriously cares what console it is, so long as the games are awesome. I just put up this awesome thread about Bungies new game destiny about something that could potentially be huge and all people seem to do is whine and cry about a stupid plastic box.

Dont like it? Dont Freaking buy it, stick with PC like I have done forever and play games for what games are meant to be. If you get so offended by archivements and DLC its a part of the game itself. Then dont buy that game

I feel like I am speaking crazy or something, JEEZ!

Andy Farren

Jan 22, 2013
Zhukov said:
I don't hate it, mindlessly or otherwise.

I just don't want to buy it.
Snap. I don't particularly want to buy either of the next-gen consoles at this point (sorry Nintendo, you aren't invited to this party), but it's not a placard-waving hatred or anything. I've just looked at the pros and cons, and I'm not sending my cash to Microsoft just yet. Additionally, my main PC is a Mac, and I've put Linux on all my spare machines as well, so I guess I'm trying to live without them these days. I've even got mum using Ubuntu!

Though I am about to send £500+ to Microsoft to do a professional course with them, so I guess my Redmond-karma has all ironed out in the end.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Savagezion said:
Well, according to Microsoft, the silver lining is so awesome we can't comprehend it from a presentation. To truly understand the silver lining, pay $500 and buy one - then it will all make sense. And if it doesn't, meh. Maybe the 360 is better for your backwards thinking ass.
My ass is quite forward thinking, thank you very much. No HINDSIGHT here.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Well considering the hatred (or indifference) caused MS to pull a 180 with its DRM system I'll say it was successful in its function.

Captcha: WINNING!

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Combination of PS4 offering more and Microsoft fouling things up. As I'm sure others have mentioned, the two are not mutually exclusive. For every one foot Microsoft dug their hole, Sony piled another foot of dirt on top of them.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Lictor Face said:
However, is no one out there trying to find any bright-spots in this mouldering black hole of a topic?
The important question is "Why would I do such a thing?".

I don't owe the Xbone anything. It's not my daughter who was just broken up with, and needs me to say something nice about it to make it feel better. It's a video game console that Microsoft expects me to buy. If I have to try to find good news about the Xbone then there clearly isn't enough good news about it for me to spend $500 on it.

And, no, I don't really care about the family sharing schemes. I'd rather buy the game and support the developer if I like it anyway. Just let me buy the fucking thing instead of forcing me into an over glorified rental.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
I don't hate the Xbox One, I'm just more interested in what the PS4 has to offer, both in terms of games and in terms of features.