Poll: Now the drought is almost over, what 2015 games are you excited for?

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Fallout 4. It's gonna be even better than Skyrim and have guns.

I think people that hate the open-world open-ended genre are just a different type of gamer. Gotta have it fast and have a focused goal all the time, no imagination or stopping to smell the roses. For everyone else, these polished open-world games are amazing.

Coruptin

Inaction Master
Jul 9, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Does Rise of the Tomb Raider require uplay on the PC? If so then fuck that noise, even though I enjoyed the first game quite a bit.
Why would it? It has nothing to do with Ubisoft and the only games that force Uplay on you are from them. The original had no DRM besides Steam.
I think the fact that someone mistook Tomb Raider for another Assassin-like Ubisoft game is pretty hilarious and clearly illustrates the problems of the trend chasing attitude of AAA game industry. There's just not enough variety in AAA games for me to get excited about.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I personally can't wait for Cueball Simulator 2015 to come out

Oops, I mean the new Hitman game... You can see where I got confused

The joke is that he's bald

er910

Jul 23, 2015
Been waiting for Battlefront for a while. Split screen shootting with my son.

Valok

Nov 17, 2010
- First and foremost, XCOM 2.
- Fallout 4 (I'm not however paying the absolutely fucking attrocious price of 250 bucks - yes, fucking really - that they are asking for us here on the south, gonna wait for a 75%+ discount or perhaps some good ol' fashion common FUCKING sense on Bethesda part, and I don't really care on how long it will take, we all know it's gonna be broken at release anyway). Yes, I'm mad.
- MGSV (Fuck Konami though, will also wait for a sale).
- The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone and Battlefront.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
I voted for Super Mario Maker, as it will be epically awesome to make some shitty Mario levels, share them with the world and then get shown how it's really done. My body is ready!

Also excited for Fallout 4, XCOM 2 and Doom (4), although I will wait on all of them for a sale - which may mean at least a year to play them. Can always replay the old ones in the meantime :), especially as I haven't played Enemy Within yet.

Hyrist

Apr 5, 2005
Given the fact that I'm older and my freetime tends to be taken up between relationships and FFXIV as my MMO of choice. I seem to be leaning towards games of a more retro style with less of a time dedication required to gather enjoyment.

That said, the game I'm excited the most for would have to be XCOM 2, as that game always seems highly engaging to me. Sadly, haven't spent as much time as I like with my current XCOM:Enemy Within game so there may be some delay before I purchase the sequel.

eberhart

Dec 20, 2012
MHR said:
Fallout 4. It's gonna be even better than Skyrim and have guns.
Don't jinx it. It reminds me of "Oblivion with guns". I immediately wonder if Obsidian is going to make New Orleans (or something).

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Unless your profession is video game review, I don't understand "video game drought".
A lifestyle of buying a £60 game and burning through it, to then play another game does not appeal to me at all.
The games I play now have existed for a long time. They satisfy me.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
+Shadowrun Returns: Hong Kong (already installed, but I'm...hesitant because of existing hardware issues on my machine)
-SPAZ 2 (maybe; possibly...probably not this year)
-Terraria: Otherworld (also as "maybe" as SPAZ 2)

Hilariously, I have come into possession of an Xbone (not by my choice), so I may get Halo 5 for the pure irony of it.
On the other hand, it might just be better to sell the damn thing because I cannot think of a single reason to own one (it's currently serving as a Blu-Ray player; that's it).

EDIT: Also, XCOM 2. But again, computer issues makes me hesitate until later this year.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
XCOM2 first and foremost
Then Fallout 4.

I'll also be getting MGSV in the meantime to keep me busy. Plus Tomb Raider when that comes out for PC.

Will be skipping Battlefront's release because fuck you EA and Dice for screwing with fans by not including critical gameplay modes and scrapping the singleplayer.

If it has any good reviews, I *might* one day get it on a sale.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I'm still waiting to play Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, and the ps4 version of GTA5, so the 2015 games I'm looking forward to playing, some time in 2016 or possibly 2017 when they're cheap and their respective GOTY editions are old news, are The Witcher, MGS5 and Fallout 4.

nightmare_gorilla

Jan 22, 2008
Literally nothing on that list interests me. I know everyone is crapping their pants over fallout 4 but i've never liked the fallout games they're just not very fun it's unbeliveably dreary and depressing to slog through the wasteland where everything is trying to kill you irradiate you or just people being generally shitty to everyone especially you.

I am pants crappingly excited however about DOOM. that looks like a metric fuck-ton of fun and way more smash and bash than i could have hoped for. no more survival horror just an in your face explosionfest of fighting demons and double barreled shotgun fueled rampages. that's what i love about games. I love that feeling of opening a big bey door ans seeing wave after wave of big bads running towards you and just thinking "It's go time!!! let's do this!" and DOOM looks like exactly that. visceral, bloody, and breaking-spines-with-my-bare-hands fun.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
erttheking said:
Shadowrun Hong Kong. Comes out tomorrow, and I am sure as shit looking forward to it.
I'm having trouble deciding what my first run through will be. The new Decker stuff looks wiz but they upped the Mage stuff as well.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Fallout 4 I CAN"T WAIT!!!!! Also Sword Coast Legends, I'm going to play it with a friend so that will make it even cooler

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
XCOM 2 for sure. Less so for Phantom Pain. A little bit for Fallout 4, mostly because it doesn't look like absolute grimy shit now. All the other stuff is take or leave.

Except Halo, that's just leave.