Poll: Of these pizza chains which one is your favourite?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Rednog said:
Shame there is no sarpino's; seriously if you have one near you, you are doing a disservice to yourself by not ordering from there.
But from the list I guess pizza hut just because they have stuffed crust. (Though I have to say fresh only, is it just me or the pizza hut's cheezy look like plastic after a day in the fridge?)
I always forget that place is a chain... then I remember they're in almost every mall in the country. It's pretty good.

I think Little Caesar's is my favorite due to its convenience and price. Walk in, throw 5 dollars on the table, grab pizza and walk out. Simple as that.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
People actually go to chains?

I'll admit, I do love Pizza Hut's stuff'd crust pizza, but the majority of the time I get my pizza from a private-own pizza resturaunt. One is actually within walking distance of my house, gorgios, they make the BEST Buffalo Chicken slice. Huge chunks of chicken on each slice. It's AWESOMe.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Dags90 said:
You poor Americans and Brits. You will never know what a good pizza tastes like. Sad, really.
You realize that modern pizza is an invention of Italian-American immigrants, right?
And that matters because...?

ReservoirAngel said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Dominos is fucking disgusting.

You have to hand it to them though, fucking amazing business plan they have there. Take frozen pizza from a supermarket, fuck up the recipe to make it more unhealthy and less tasteful, then sell them for 3 times the price. And suckers still buy it. WOOT! FAST FOOD FTW!
Boy do I wish I could find the supermarket they buy their pizzas from. That place would have a customer for fucking life. Admittedly it'd probably be a short life due to the increased intake of pizza, but still.
You poor Americans and Brits. You will never know what a good pizza tastes like. Sad, really.

Seriously you think dominos pizza tastes good? You should come to Germany and get one from the countless standalone restaurants over here.
No offence to your country (I've been there briefly before and really liked the place) but if I was going to travel internationally for pizza, I think I'd choose Italy before Germany, if I'm honest.
You would be deeply disappointed. No bullshit - our pizza tastes better. In Italy pizza is either sold in overpriced, crappy locales that prey on tourists or its completely different from the pizza we know and love.

For example - they dont put tomato sauce on their pizza, they put tomato slices under the cheese instead. Not as good as it sounds.
Have you had authentic New York or Chicago pizza? They are equally delicious.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fappy said:
Dags90 said:
You realize that modern pizza is an invention of Italian-American immigrants, right?
And that matters because...?

ReservoirAngel said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Dominos is fucking disgusting.

You have to hand it to them though, fucking amazing business plan they have there. Take frozen pizza from a supermarket, fuck up the recipe to make it more unhealthy and less tasteful, then sell them for 3 times the price. And suckers still buy it. WOOT! FAST FOOD FTW!
Boy do I wish I could find the supermarket they buy their pizzas from. That place would have a customer for fucking life. Admittedly it'd probably be a short life due to the increased intake of pizza, but still.

Seriously you think dominos pizza tastes good? You should come to Germany and get one from the countless standalone restaurants over here.
No offence to your country (I've been there briefly before and really liked the place) but if I was going to travel internationally for pizza, I think I'd choose Italy before Germany, if I'm honest.
You would be deeply disappointed. No bullshit - our pizza tastes better. In Italy pizza is either sold in overpriced, crappy locales that prey on tourists or its completely different from the pizza we know and love.

For example - they dont put tomato sauce on their pizza, they put tomato slices under the cheese instead. Not as good as it sounds.
Have you had authentic New York or Chicago pizza? They are equally delicious.
They are, but they barely qualify as pizza. Those things are more pie than pizza.
That's why they are called pizza pie! Arguing if it is more pizza or more pie is futile! The simple fact of the matter is that the two become one... and the result is making me hungry for pizza as I type this.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Well, here in Austin we have the aptly name Austin's Pizza which is better than pretty much everything. It's the least fast food tasting pizza you can get delivered. And now I sound like an advertisement.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Of those, Domino's is the only one I've ordered from. Pizza Hut for eating in. I usually get my pizzas from Papa Luigi.

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
Seriously, is this just a US/UK difference thing? I'm in the UK and Dominos pizza is lovely.
This pretty much sums up my feelings, Dominos is the tits; If I didn't have any self respect i'd probably eat it every day.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
UK here, decided not to vote seeing as the only recognisable chains for me are Domino's and Pizza Hut.
I love both of them, they're both super delicious pizza places. Is there something terrible about the US Domino's pizza?

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
DustyDrB said:
My own pizza. Seriously, the best pizza is the one you make yourself. It's so easy to do.
Mine: No meat (I don't like meat on pizza for some reason), lots of veggies. Ridonculous amounts of sauce (either a homemade sauce or a really good one from the store).

...yeah, I like to cook. So what?
This man speaks the truth. Homemade pizza really is the best pizza.

But, assuming I had to visit a chain, I'd probably go to Giovanni's. Significantly better than anything else in this area. Of the options in the poll, the only ones within reasonable driving distance of me are Pizza Hut, Domino's, and Papa John's. There used to be a Little Caesar's nearby, but it's been gone for a few years now.

When I was at university I used to eat a lot of Domino's pizza because there happened to be one nearby, and it was ludicrously cheap - which was often the determining factor in what I ate since I was a poor student with bills to pay. Domino's pizza, in my opinion, is complete garbage. Despite its price, I still felt like I was getting ripped off every time my roommates wanted to order from them. I can't think of a single redeeming quality. Maybe they've somehow managed to drastically improve their quality over the past two years... anything's possible I suppose.

Semitendon

Aug 4, 2009
I've never heard of Pizza Pizza, Pizza 73, Panago, or Boston Pizza, so I really can't comment on them.

Papa Johns is the best out of the list, with Pizza Hut a close second.

Little Ceasars is a "get what you pay for" kind of place. Cheap price, but cheap quality.

Domino's is seriously a joke. They have spent all that money on advertising that their pizza is no longer shit, and yet, a few added spices do not change the fact that the quality is horrible. Essentially you're paying more money than you would at Little Ceasars, but for the exact same pizza.

Personally, I like Donato's, Larosa's, and Adriaticcos. I realize that the majority of you are not going to recognize these places as they are not nationwide or worldside chains, but seriously try any of those places pizzas, and then try the pizzas from the places I commented on. Tell me they don't taste like ass.

More to the point, I'd like to mention that I have actually traveled to Italy, and had "real" pizza. No restuarant chain can beat out the original, but if you are holding Domino's, Papa John's, Little Ceasar's or Pizza Hut as standards for great pizza. . . you really need to expand your food horizons.

On an interesting side note, I recently discussed pizza places with a few people. Incredibly, the people who enjoyed Little Ceasars and Domino's also thought that McDonalds had awesome burgers, and that Taco Bell was great mexican food. Based on the economic status of the people that made these comments, I formed the following theory:

Only poor people who can not afford the price of good food, have standards low enough to include fast food joints as "great" places to eat. Maybe it is because that is all they were able to afford, and their taste in food adjusted to the diet. The truly sad part is, that when these people are exposed to better quality food, they reject it because they are used to the poor quality. I say this, recognizing that I am by no means wealthy, and that people who are better off financially than myself, would probably find my taste's in food as disturbing as I find the tastes of people who struggle more than I do financially.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Favourite is Pizza Express here in the UK, my least favourite is Domino's (I have never had a good pizza from there).

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Out of the ones on this list, pizza hut by a wide margin. However my favorite chain of all time would have to be jets pizza or cottage in pizza. My town also has incredible non-chain pizza places. If your ever in Kalamazoo Michigan, I recommend them.

Apr 15, 2009
Out of all of those I've only ever eaten at pizza hut, once...
So I guess pizza hut.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I personally prefer Perfect Pizza.
They put some pepperoni... under the cheese. Yeah, that's right.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
Dominos. Not a joke. I love the double decadence crust. Also, I live in England so the only other two I recognise are Pizza Hut and Papa Jones. The latter I only know one tiny shop in my home city

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well, I can't argue Little Caesar's price. $5 for a pizza? Almost always ready when I arrive? You can't argue with that. You can't. But, taste wise, it goes to Papa John's. They know Pizza. And their sauces are delicious.