Poll: [Origin] How many of us have folded?

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
its virtually the same as steam, a little rough, but you barly use it guys come on! apple bloody tracks ya location yet millions of people still use apple producs and accept their t&c's everyday! grow up! oh no a developer is making its own version of steam, boo friking hoo i dont care if *yoink

0_0 apple do not track peoples location and produce some of the best producs on the market

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I already have steam and I'm not really all that much of a PC gamer to begin with (though it's partially because my PC is a peice of crap), so no I didn't install Origin nor do I plan to.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
How dare they give us an option to play and install thier games!

EDIT: Not installing it because I can't be arsed and I've already got Steam and a console.

L3G0kees

Mar 25, 2010
silverbullet1989 said:
its virtually the same as steam, a little rough, but you barly use it guys come on! apple bloody tracks ya location yet millions of people still use apple producs and accept their t&c's everyday! grow up! oh no a developer is making its own version of steam, boo friking hoo i dont care if *yoink

0_0 apple do not track peoples location and produce some of the best producs on the market
Well the big problem is that steam FREAKING works,
Origin does not work I'm trying to download the beta for 1 hour now and only saw, sorry this service is currently not available.

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
Apparently i have an origin account, my EA account got changed for some reason.
Although i do not actually intend to use the service. Any EA games i play are either on the 360, come from GOG or are still on steam, so i dont actually need to use it.

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
It's so embarrassing how many people refuse to have an account on Origin just because they have one on Steam and just refuse to have two accounts!

Do you guys also cry when your laptop is running out of battery and the charger is upstairs? Do you also get upset when the company you work for gives you an Iphone instead of an Android? Man, you guys must really get mad too when the bottom of your foot itches, but when you go to scratch it just tickles!

Man, I know every second of your life is precious - but it took me like five minutes to download Origin. You guys should maybe worry about bigger things in life and put your energy and focus into things more critical then two having two goddamn game server accounts on your computer.

I am so sick of these threads. I also don't see a rule in a rule book anywhere saying that EA isn't allowed to create their own client server and has to just put out their games through Steam. Shut up.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
Psycho-Toaster said:
I see no need to install it until BF3 is released, so I'll leave it until then. Maybe the day before so I have less hassle to go through on the day.
Dude? The beta! The beta is open for people who buy it now.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
Greatjusticeman said:
It's so embarrassing how many people refuse to have an account on Origin just because they have one on Steam and just refuse to have two accounts!

Do you guys also cry when your laptop is running out of battery and the charger is upstairs? Do you also get upset when the company you work for gives you an Iphone instead of an Android? Man, you guys must really get mad too when the bottom of your foot itches, but when you go to scratch it just tickles!

Man, I know every second of your life is precious - but it took me like five minutes to download Origin. You guys should maybe worry about bigger things in life and put your energy and focus into things more critical then two having two goddamn game server accounts on your computer.

I am so sick of these threads. I also don't see a rule in a rule book anywhere saying that EA isn't allowed to create their own client server and has to just put out their games through Steam. Shut up.
This isn't a thread complaining about Steam or Origin, it's a thread discussing whether you have installed it or not. And most of the comments so far have been pretty civilized, do you even know how to read?

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Teckdeth said:
I don't have a lot against Origin, but right now I have no reason to get it installed. I will if necessary, but I've got Steam for now, and that'll do.

I have little interest in this Origin vs Steam discussion. It seems so arbitrary, even when compared to other arbitrary gamer arguments like PC vs Console, or PS3 vs Xbox. I mean, they're both free right? It's not like you can only buy one and need to defend your choice, they're free! Just get both! XD
This isn't about which one is better, it's about how Origin (among other things) completely obliterates your privacy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112559-Internet-Explodes-Over-Origins-Invasion-of-Privacy] in a way that I actually thought was completely illegal. I mean I personally have a few issues with Steam too (though not nearly to the same degree), but I grudgingly use it anyway because of the great deals it has and Valve's solid reputation. Origin on the other hand I wouldn't use even if it was giving away games for free.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
If it's between steam and origin, I'll go with steam. Otherwise I don't care. I'll get it when I get an EA game on my computer.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Greatjusticeman said:

You're getting angry over nothing. Nobody is angry here, they just don't want to have to boot up between separate programs as its more convenient, so they haven't gotten origin. Quite frankly, I think its more insulting that you've come onto the thread telling people who are discussing the service to shut up. The entire point of the forum is to discuss things.

That said, I will also not be installing origin. If I absolutely had to have battlefield three I would, but I don't and the forty or so games I have on steam are kinda binding me to them. Not that i'm happy about that either, but what can ya dooooooo :p

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I didn't have any major problems with it other than it's another client to install.
Now that I have it, I will never buy anything from it unless it's something of Battlefield 3s caliber and an origin exclusive. Even then, I won't be happy about it.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Well, I don't give a shit about it's monitoring. For one, when it's on (I'm not the type of person to leave an application like that running on startup and on all the time), I'm gaming, not browsing and what not. For two, EA has already corrected that clause. For three, even if they did write up that bullshit and tried to sue you for something, the same thing would happen as with their new anti-class suit clause - a court would laugh in their face and charge them for wasting their time.

That said, it's a shit application alright. Aside from the obvious shittyness in terms of design, it fell apart today when a bunch of people stormed it to get their hands on BF3 beta.

But yeah, I ain't skipping games cause of it. BF3 will require it, so I'll install it. I don't really like it, but then again, I don't like Steam either in itself (great deals, cool stuff, still pisses me off that I have to have shit getting in the way and running in the background when I game), but I still deal with it cause I'm not going to deny myself an enjoyable game for some cause that's not gonna do a damn thing.

Granted, it's still early in development at all, it even has a "beta" mark on it - which is kinda fucking disgraceful when you consider the fact they force it on people for BF3 (required use of a beta product? what?) - but yeah, I don't exactly have high hopes for it. People will tolerate it when forced to like with Battlefield and maybe TOR, but if they think they can compete with Steam on a game they actually both sell... heck, even if Origin offered a better deal, thanks to how Origin's treating it's customers and what utter incompetence stands behind it by the name of EA support, I reckon people'd still buy their game on Steam - I know I sure as fuck would.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
I disagree with the Terms of Service, so no I won't be using it.

Unfortunately this means that I may not be able to play Mass Effect 3 when it comes out, which saddens me.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
No, and I never will.

If I do happen to buy a game that requires it, I'll just get a crack and play it that way. The only game I was worried about was TOR, but if I recall correctly, Bioware has openly stated that it will not require Origin, so I'm good there as well.