Poll: Phantom Menace in 3D Friday??

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
No, no, no, 1000 times no. I don't want to ruin how much I'm enjoying The Old Republic right now but being reminded of that nonsense.

You know what ELSE I don't want to see re-released in 3D, but is happening this spring? Titanic.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Nope, saw it once and once was enough, and I'm probably one of the few out there who didnt hate Jar Jar. Just realized i was 7 years old when the first star wars came out and nearer 37 when the first of the prequels. The magic had worn off a bit and i wasn't as willing to suspend disbelief over some of the more egregious parts anymore.

If i go to see any film on the 10th it will be 'The Woman in Black'

Oh as for the 3D, tbh I don't think Ive seen a single movie so far yet where the 3D added anything whatsoever to it. Other than a headache that is.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
I'm going to celebrate by watching the Plinkett Reviews again. In 3D. Or something. They announced they'd be doing something special.

Here's the video some other poster talked about earlier:

moviedork

Mar 25, 2011
I'm conflicted. Episode 1 is by far the worst of the prequels, but since I'm such a huge fan of the series, I may just decide to take the abuse again simply because I love Star Wars.

Loving Star Wars is like staying in an abusive relationship, do I stay or do I leave?

Briney-

Jul 13, 2011
I paid to see The Phantom Menace in theatres in 1999. I don't think I'll be forking over the cash a second time. Seeing Jar Jar once on the big screen was enough.

On top of that, I'm not a fan of 3D, so the thought of paying $15-17 to see this movie is ludicrous to me.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Damn it, I had forgotten that it was being re released, thanks for bringing up bad memories!!!

But seriously, no. Not going to go to a theater, buy a movie ticket to a movie a didn't like at an increased cost for the sake of 3D.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Wait, wait. We just got Star Wars on Blu-Ray (finally), now there is another version on the way. Put's money for Star Wars Blu-Ray back in pocket.

Same reason I have not brought Avatar yet, because I know there is a 3D extended edition coming at some point.

Aug 1, 2010
I will not.

I also plan to skip 2.

I might go see 3 as it was by far the best of the prequels and actually a fairly good movie.

As for 4 - 6 I will ABSOLUTELY go see them. I never had a chance to see them in the theater when they came out, so this should be quite fun.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Of course I'm going to watch it, I'm hoping to watch all of them when you're out. It's not out of obligation as a Star Wars fan or even because I like the movies, it's because I already have but my little cousins haven't. Sure the prequels are pretty much hated amongst the community, but for my 7 and 8 year old cousins who weren't around to see them on the big screen the first time around this is their chance.

I did it with the Lion King (which I was too young to go see at its big screen premier) and I'll do it again for Star Wars. I've only ever seen the prequels in the movies, I can't wait for the original trilogy to show though.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
MrDeckard said:
I will not.

I also plan to skip 2.

I might go see 3 as it was by far the best of the prequels and actually a fairly good movie.

As for 4 - 6 I will ABSOLUTELY go see them. I never had a chance to see them in the theater when they came out, so this should be quite fun.
Probably something along the lines of this. One&Two are just to horrible and would be a waste of money in my opinion.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
If it was revenge of the sith I would
(thats my favourite one deal with it)
4,5 and 6 would be ok to I guess, I just dont like 1 very much and 2 is not very intresting.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
this movie is proof that trailers dont work. ive seen the movie, i know the movie sucks, but i watch the trailer and thing "wow, this movie looks amazing!"

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
00slash00 said:
this movie is proof that trailers dont work. ive seen the movie, i know the movie sucks, but i watch the trailer and thing "wow, this movie looks amazing!"
Isn't that actually proof that trailers DO work?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Nimcha said:
00slash00 said:
Isn't that actually proof that trailers DO work?
touche

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
No I will not for two reasons:

1) 3D is a pointless gimmick being used by the movie theatres as a last ditch effort to keep themselves from slipping into obscurity.

And 2) I can just watch it at home and not spend 10 bucks that I don't have.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No. Why should I pay a film ticket plus another £ or two for the pointless 3D feature were I can watch the film on DVD or Bluray? Better yet why don't I use that ticket on another film I haven't seen yet?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I'm not going to see it anytime soon, but I may catch it later in the cycle when it would be less crowded. Probably not though.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
I like This film when I first watched it in my mid teens. I even bought the DVD.

I watched it again for the first time last you and OH MY GOD WHAT WAS I THINKING!

Its so bad! WHY would you make this in 3D? Not in the least this will be a post production 3D which means it will have those weird awkward and jarring angles what it just doesnt look right and makes you feel sick as you try and look at it.

-.<

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
It's a quick 3D fad-based cash in, that's how I see it really. Just another excuse to milk the SW franchise, sad really :(