Poll: Phantom Menace in 3D Friday??

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
I might. It was the movie that got me into Star Wars so even thought there is a large amount of hate for it, and the other prequels, I still enjoyed, and still do, it and the other prequels.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
I've paid enough money. I've done my part, paid for movies, paid for DVDs, paid for cassettes...I've bought them enough.

If he's really an artist that wants his 'true vision' to be seen by everyone who loves the movies, he'd be showing them for free. He's not. That says everything that needs to be said on the matter.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
No, because I don't really like the film. Honestly, never liked the film, even as a kid (was 9 when this film came out) I hated it, that's not just because I'd grown up on the originals, its mainly cause the kid who played Anikan was an annoying fuck then, double so now that I'm an adult.

That said, I will be going to watch the original series if they fetch them out in 3D. Not cause of my thoughts on 3D (I honestly don't mind it when its done right) but it would be another chance to watch the movies on the big screen again. I have fond memories of watching the originals when they re-released those in the cinemas :).

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Seen it once, why see it again + gimmick?

Exactly the same scenes, exactly the same plot, exactly the same visuals ... except if somethings look ever so slightly off the screen, exactly the same dialogue and exactly the same reasons why it's bad.

So why pay a whole lot of cash for the same experience? So the people who make them can make loads of cash off people like this ...

citrusfr00t said:
I honestly hated the prequels, but as a SW fan feel obligated to attend the movie.
And people complain about activision just remaking COD4? This takes it to a whole new shitty level.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Its a shite movie, but i like 3D. I guess i could snooze through the first half of the movie until the fight at the end.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
I've already seen the movie and I'm not much into the 3D craze, so I see no reason to see it on the big screen again.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I was a huge Star Wars fan as a kid, and I still am to some degree. I actually like The Phantom Menace despite its flaws. In fact, it's the only Star Wars prequel movie that I really enjoy.

Having said that, I'm not planning on watching any of the Star Wars films in 3D. I gave the format a chance with Avatar, and it came across as a gimmick to me. It's certainly not worth shelling out an extra $10-$12 for it.

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
Pay to see a film I didn't like in the first place but this time with the joy of that 3D surcharge on the ticket.

Yea no thanks. If Lucas found a way to make the film Jar Jar free then we can talk about me ever watching the movie again.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I hate how it's so cool to hate on the prequels. No, they're not the BEST MOVIES EVVAAARR, but they're fun. Of course they have flaws, but people expect them to be some masterpiece. The Originals weren't perfect, either. They're hokey and have plotholes the size of Texas. The PT may not be UHMAZIIN, but some people act like they raped their mothers and killed their fathers.

I've actually never seen a movie in 3D before, so I have no idea what my experience with TPM will be like. I already bought my ticket to see it on Monday with my dad. Star Wars has always been our thing and we've grown distant lately. I'll be seeing all six, assuming the 3D doesn't make me ill. That and the only ones I saw in theaters were Episodes III and IV. I've been dying to see them all on a big screen since I saw III in theaters. I hope the 3D doesn't ruin it.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
FFHAuthor said:
I've paid enough money. I've done my part, paid for movies, paid for DVDs, paid for cassettes...I've bought them enough.

If he's really an artist that wants his 'true vision' to be seen by everyone who loves the movies, he'd be showing them for free. He's not. That says everything that needs to be said on the matter.
you do realize that even if lucas distributed the films free of charge you'd still likely have to pay to see them, as the theaters themselves would still charge you. Also prove that making money off your art disqualifies you from being a true artist, because to me that sounds like an incredible pretentious thing to say.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
The last movie I saw out of a sense of fan loyalty was the Revenge of the Sith. I skipped the Clone Wars and I'll skip this too. If I hear that the 3D is decent, I may well check out A New Hope and Empire.

Leo Meier

Apr 27, 2011
Asita said:
I don't particularly have anything against Phantom Menace (in fact, I rather enjoyed the big duel at the end), but I've seen it and I don't see any way that 3D would add to the film.
jar jar binks in mass effect 3

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
dalek sec said:
no reason to see it again unless they kill Jar Jar.
If Lucas advertised that this was going to be a retcon addition to the movie, I'd see it five times.

Wait, no, he'd have to remove Jake Lloyd, too.

And fix the script.

Yeah, I guess there just isn't any way to salvage Episode I, and just making it 3D certainly doesn't do it.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Leo Meier said:
Asita said:
I don't particularly have anything against Phantom Menace (in fact, I rather enjoyed the big duel at the end), but I've seen it and I don't see any way that 3D would add to the film.
jar jar binks in mass effect 3
I'm sorry, I don't follow. How does that relate to my post or the thread?

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
You should never feel obligated to pay to see somthing you don't like just because your a fan. Your just giving the producers a reason to put out more shit because they know the fans will buy it.

The Prequals were trash and the changes to original films has gotten to the point where i just don't want give lucas any more of my money.

So no i won't be seeing Phantom in 3-D

Nor will i be seeing any of the others. and keep in mind that i never got the chance to see the original trilogy in the theaters but i won't be seeing it now because really they just don't feel like the movies I grew up with.