Poll: POLL: Sci-fi bodymodding. Bio or Mech?

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Give me everything cool looking until I achieve god-hood.

Then I can chill for a week or two before the next series of updates.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Mech of course, with time I will replace every part of my body with machine and become immortal.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
I'd take both... Think about it, it would make you twice as awesome! :D

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
Hawk of Battle said:
You guys are too small minded. The only true future is stripping oneself of all physical constraints and ascending into a state of pure energy!
you shall fuel my machine :D!
I'll take it you voted niether :) thank you for the vote and feedback

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
linwolf said:
Mech of course, with time I will replace every part of my body with machine and become immortal.
preeetty shure you can do that with bio too. still, valid point.
thank you for the vote and feedback :)

Fridge

Jun 25, 2009
Ithos said:
Fridge said:
I'd go for mechanical, or cybernetic (sadly not covered).
cybernetics, as far as I know, are either created using metal and plastic, or a mix of that and biological components. I could be wrong tho :S, correct me if I am.

maybe I should've covered that in the intro...
Ah, I thought of mechanical as more steampunk or like the Strogg from Quake 2 and 4. Cybernetic to me is more subtle, computers inbedded in skin but hidden that sort of thing.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Ithos said:
crudus said:
Bio. Fuck getting my ass beaten by an EMP.
hahah :p there's ways to shield stuff from that you know. but valid point.
Shields can fail though. To be truly immune is to not have transistors.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Ithos said:
Hawk of Battle said:
You guys are too small minded. The only true future is stripping oneself of all physical constraints and ascending into a state of pure energy!
you shall fuel my machine :D!
I'll take it you voted niether :) thank you for the vote and feedback
be quiet void dragon. go back to sleep under mars ;)

i would go for a mix. mainly because both have strengths and weaknesses and a mixture would alleviate the weaknesses.

also because i could be a chaos marine :D

i cant wait for the technical singularity...

YouEatLard

Jun 20, 2010
I'm ready for a brain plugin that allows me to access wikipedia and allow me to save thoughts in both note and letter format. Can't count how many one liners I've lost. Also yes... I know... wikipedia can be edited by anyone blah blah blah.... People that get hung up on this have never found the funny articles.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
crudus said:
Ithos said:
crudus said:
Bio. Fuck getting my ass beaten by an EMP.
hahah :p there's ways to shield stuff from that you know. but valid point.
Shields can fail though. To be truly immune is to not have transistors.
and not to catch a disease ;) the one weakness of Bio.

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
Fridge said:
Ithos said:
Fridge said:
I'd go for mechanical, or cybernetic (sadly not covered).
cybernetics, as far as I know, are either created using metal and plastic, or a mix of that and biological components. I could be wrong tho :S, correct me if I am.

maybe I should've covered that in the intro...
Ah, I thought of mechanical as more steampunk or like the Strogg from Quake 2 and 4. Cybernetic to me is more subtle, computers inbedded in skin but hidden that sort of thing.
hmmmmm... food for thought indeed. I'm actually a bit stumped here :). Could you come up with a good definition for why these augs doesn't belong to either category? Does the inbred part play a huge factor? What materials are used?
(I'm not trying to burn you here, I'm really interested :). Also not up to date on my Quake lore :p )
Anyone else got thoughts on this matter?

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Bio-Mech of course. Mostly bio, but some mech features for the looks, with loads of chrome involved for that oldschool CyberPunk2020 feel.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
vallorn said:
and not to catch a disease ;) the one weakness of Bio.
I may just be misunderstanding op's definition of mech, but if you replace things like your eyes, arms, etc with machine you still have flesh which can get sick.

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
YouEatLard said:
I'm ready for a brain plugin that allows me to access wikipedia and allow me to save thoughts in both note and letter format. Can't count how many one liners I've lost. Also yes... I know... wikipedia can be edited by anyone blah blah blah.... People that get hung up on this have never found the funny articles.
I'm actually studying library & information sciences. As it turns out, the encyclopedias are about as accurate as wikipedia :S scary, isn't it.
Of course, printed matter isn't trolled and griefed as much. I have found the funny articles :p