Poll: POLL: Sci-fi bodymodding. Bio or Mech?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
A combination of both is the most ideal kind of "augmentation". There are certain things biological components can do that mechanical components just couldn't do as well. Conversely, mechanical components would be stronger and provide abilities biological components never could.

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
Mech is leading slightly (though well after mix). Escapist people have faith in the metal I see :)
QUICK! SOMEONE FIND SOME AWESOME BIO STUFF TO EVEN THE SCORE!!!

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Definitely best of both worlds. It terms of my OS most likely Snow Leopard due to less viruses, but I might have compatibility issues while mating. I'm not sure if Boot Camp will be fully ironed out at that point, but hey it's the future!

barash

Mar 29, 2010
Ithos said:
barash said:
Bio, unless we get self-replicating metals (for automatic self-repair). If we get that, then mix n'match.
even though I'm considering a bit of sci-fi setting, you might want to read up on nano-tube technology. We're almost at the self-replacing metals already :)
Thanks for your vote & feedback =^_^=
Harrumph, it's been a while since I took a few days and updated my science theoreticals indeed. Thanks for the nudge fella ^_^

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
vallorn said:
crudus said:
Ithos said:
crudus said:
Bio. Fuck getting my ass beaten by an EMP.
hahah :p there's ways to shield stuff from that you know. but valid point.
thank you for the vote and feedback :)
Shields can fail though. To be truly immune is to not have transistors.
and not to catch a disease ;) the one weakness of Bio.
If your Bio implants still leave you open to disease, then the unhappyy customer can claim full refund, stasis life preservation and new, replacement upgrades at a viable date under the "working out the kinks" clause in your purchase contract. Customer service is our priority.

Or you bought a shoddy product from our rivals.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Left arm cyber...that grows in size proportional to my right (so i dont look too weird) and a plate over my heart for obvious reasons lol

jawg_t-j

Sep 1, 2010
bio definetly id turn myself half bat and be known as the bat thing!!! id change my self so i could fly and mechanical would be pretty awkward like turbines of a jetpack.

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
jawg_t-j said:
bio definetly id turn myself half bat and be known as the bat thing!!! id change my self so i could fly and mechanical would be pretty awkward like turbines of a jetpack.
omg you could be batman! are you batman?!

:p thx for vote 'n feedback

FeetOfClay

Dec 27, 2009
Both, full on transhumanism for the win!

That said I am strongly of the opinion that bio modification will far outstrip anything machines can do eventually (with the possible exception of nanomachines etc., but they're basically organisms anyway), but then, I may be a tad biased, since I've sunk at least four years of my life into a Genetics course.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
two words:

STEAM

CYBORG

yes, it's inefficient, but hell, if I go down, I'll go down pimpin'

Ithos

Jul 20, 2009
Fabian Stetter said:
Inside: mech outside bio durable but soft, for the ladys! ^^
Well played, sir! Well played.
:D thx for vote n feedback =^_^=

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
Mech. I really want that dude from Deus Ex HR's arms (and the rest of his body mods, they're way cooler than anything bio could do).

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
for me, my first memory on reading this thread was the sadness I felt for Gunther in Deus Ex when I rescued him from the base of the statue of Liberty and he was saying how he'll just get out of the way and take his tired metal bones to the scrapheap to make way for me and my kind.

After designer trainers and the constant race to have the latest cellphone, I sense this will just be the latest way to rich kids to feel superior over the other kids.

It'll still be epic tho, I'll take last generation's enhancements if I can't afford the latest, you're reading the ramblings of a PS2 owner after all.