Poll: Relationship question

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
son of a fucking *****, just as I was going to upload this I press the wrong button and LOSE ALL MY FREAKING WORK!! anyways: You think this is a generic teenager romance story? yeah your wrong. its a question:

Lets assume you are not married, and in your early 20s. You find out 2 people of the opposite sex (or same sex if your homosexual or bisexual) like you. you seem interested in them too, and after going out with each one of them you find out both are genuinely lovable and that you could pursue a VERY long relationship with either one. however, before you could decide which to choose you find out one of them is an extremely advanced android, but indistinguishable from a regular human. so my question is, Which one would you choose?

Now before any of you say "OMFG ROBOTZ BUTTSECKS FTW!!!1!!11!" or "Gross, fuck the robot. Humans rule!" I'd like to say that I wish for you to take this seriously. the android can perform sexual activities but cannot reproduce, they cannot get sick but can suffer virus infections like how normal people get sick.

Please give your answer and your reason. And if you choose the third option, give your reason why.

EDIT: Okay, seriously. where the F**k is the poll?!

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Which ever one I loved the most.

I wouldn't care if one was an android...

...even though my inner nerd is screaming "OMFG ROBOTZ BUTTSECKS FTW!!!11!!"

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I'd choose the human woman. I want to have kids one day...

And maybe see the Android on the side if I think I could get away with it...

bpm195

May 21, 2008
All other things equal, I go for the android. I've always been a fan of adopting over procreating (I lose the right to say "I brought you into this world and I can take you out" but I can say "Don't sass me kid, I kept the receipt!") and with an android you avoid the heartbreak associated with death/free will.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Situations like this are quite interesting. Which brings us to tonight's Wørd:

Polyamory.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Obviously the human one. 'Cause you know *I* am human... and no that isn't a cop-out answer it's actually a very logical line of reasoning.

Also I want to have kids someday.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Well, I don't want to have kids. However, I will always be wondering what the robot will do once I die. The human will surely die somehow and we can have that classic love story. Although OMFG ROBOTZ BUTTSECKS FTW!!!1!!11!

Honestly it would probably go down to physical things.

SimuLord said:

Polyamory.
Oh, I assumed the question was for us living outside the state of Utah :)

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
I'd go for the Human. There's something I enjoy about humanity - you make mistakes, you grow old and you die, but I like that.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Android. Reason? I'm bi and figure the android could have like a spare set of genitalia to swap out. That way, I would have a bf and gf at the same time without cheating. Gender lottery jackpot!

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
What if I'm the super-advanced android, and one of the others is the one who has to choose?
Or the android has to choose between two people they love?
*Cogitates*
[Blue screen of death]
[Windows encountered an error and must shut down]
Damn Windows 95 brain...
Anyway, I don't know. I'm nonsexual, and infertile, so not like it matters :3

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Skullkid4187 said:
crudus said:
Skullkid4187 said:
The human. Kill the android....we've all seen what they did in Dragon Ball Z.
But 18 did turn good and have a kid.
Yeah but the rest....and how was she able to have a baby anyways?
If I remember right she was a human adapted with android parts.

Lyx

Sep 19, 2010
I'd screw up the premises of the poll/question, and instead ask why i even have to choose.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
crudus said:
Well, I don't want to have kids. However, I will always be wondering what the robot will do once I die. The human will surely die somehow and we can have that classic love story. Although OMFG ROBOTZ BUTTSECKS FTW!!!1!!11!

Honestly it would probably go down to physical things.

SimuLord said:

Polyamory.
Oh, I assumed the question was for us living outside the state of Utah :)
Who said anything about marriage? I said polyamory, not polygamy.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Well, if they're equal in every way, save for the android part, I'd go with the human. It is a plus, after all.