Poll: Relationship question

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
I don't really know how to answer this, as not enough details are given. If forced to choose, probably the android, just for the novelty factor and so I could say I'm on the cutting edge of dating, or whatever.

gallaetha_matt said:
It's okay. I learned about delicate social situations like this from a little show called 'Three's Company.'
Well played.

Hoopybees

Jun 22, 2010
Pfft. This would never happen. I have enough difficulty attracting one person, let alone one person and one android. If by some miricle it did happen I would have a threesome ASAP before my luck changed.

Actually that sounds pretty sweet. I'll be in my bunk.

Keltrick

Jun 7, 2010
I would take the human. Now, here me out, there is NOTHING wrong with that amazing techno gal in my mind (insert mandatory bow chica wow wow) I'm sure she could show me a good time all the same.

I chose human because I don't see a downside. The robot girl can't have a child with me, and like most humans ... hey, I'm a narcissistic prick, and I want a tiny little me running around my feet one day. A child is a big relationship thing, taking that on together. Yes I could adopt, but the option is nice.

Also there is the psychological part of it. I know she is a robot. If it's realistic enough I can block that out for a bit here and there, but in the end I know its not human. I dont think I could connect to it as much. I would always be asking "Do I love her as much as I would a human" and even MORE insecure "Can she really LOVE me? How does she appreciate all I do for her, and what we share? She is just programmed that way. >_>" Granted, the human mind is just 'programmed' to function how it does, but you get what I mean... We, as humans, have a hard enough time accepting that all HUMANS are the same as us... imagine that step, trying to connect to something not even living.

In the end, whats the downside to having a real woman?

Keltrick

Jun 7, 2010
MasterOfWorlds said:
I'd have to go with the human. Nothing against robots, but I want to have children of my own one day, and I'm not sure I'd really buy into the whole "robots can love too" thing. I'd always wonder if it wasn't just programmed to love me or something, and I would always wonder if it was real, the love, not the robot. Not that having a robot for a lover wouldn't have its advantages, no STDs, wouldn't get sick in the human sense of the word, etc etc, but I'd still have to go with the human.
THIS!!!!!(EeeHee, went back to read some more responses, after I psoted. You said my feelings exactly. )

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Cannot trust robots, and I never will. I don't mind your average working robot or like a Gundam or something. But it really bothers me if robots are trying to mimic a human lifestyle. There is something eerie about it. iRobot being the perfect example of my feelings.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
megaman24681012 said:
nunqual said:
Uhm, the human. An android creeps me the shit out. What will she do while I'm sleeping, just stand in the corner with glowing red eyes and stare at me?
Um, remember. she's indistinguishable from a normal person. that includes behavior.
You say that, but there still must be a tell. You can't have something indistinguishable from a human, and even if it was, I still wouldn't date it, let alone have sex with it.

Sep 14, 2009
Rasputin1 said:
Does the android have an offswitch?
better question yet.

can the android make a sandwich?

jk, but in all reality...probably human, no offense but i do want kids someday, depending on the situation though i might BUTTROBOTSEXZXCZXC FTW on the side once =]

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
why choose? if they are both datable, i would date both. :) especially if i'm really feeling strongly about both.

and by "both" i mean that i adore my current boyfriend and love him better than both options...

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Rasputin1 said:
Does the android have an offswitch?
I second that! Mute would also be nice...

I would totally choose the robot... Might even get me though the oncoming robot-apocalypse?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I'd choose the one I feel I love more. Regardless of whether or not that one is the robot. If I can't decide which I love more, then I suppose I could always arrange a threesome...?

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
Julianking93 said:
Which ever one I loved the most.

I wouldn't care if one was an android...

...even though my inner nerd is screaming "OMFG ROBOTZ BUTTSECKS FTW!!!11!!"
Quoted for truth and great justice.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
It's a big happy relationship. If you love two others, they love each other, and both love you, then, hell, go be happy. So, yeah, I'll go with the poly-amorous approach.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
crudus said:
Skullkid4187 said:
crudus said:
Skullkid4187 said:
The human. Kill the android....we've all seen what they did in Dragon Ball Z.
But 18 did turn good and have a kid.
Yeah but the rest....and how was she able to have a baby anyways?
If I remember right she was a human adapted with android parts.
Actually she was an android completely, then she was absorbed by Cell so he could become perfect cell and then, at the Cell Games, Goku punched him so hard that he de-absorbed 18 and then tried to explode himself. After Goku teleported him to King Kai's world, perfect Cell regenerated and was then killed by Gohan. Later, Krillan used the Dragon Balls to make her human after finding out that the Dragon Balls created by Dende granted two wishes. I AM NERD! FEAR MY WRATH!!

As to the original question, well it would be extremely difficult for me to choose between the two of them, as they're both human in my eyes. I guess it would come down to whoever I liked most and had the most fun with.

PhiMuLady

Aug 27, 2009
I go human. I want to have children. Though having a robot that would be able and willing to care for me in old age is tempting.