Poll: Revolution 60 has been Greenlit

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Nods Respectfully Towards You said:
How could anyone be even marginally interested in this game? It has animation and character models that look worse than fucking Foodfight of all things. There are N64 games that have more artistic merit than this pile of garbage. There are early PS1 games that look more appealing than this abomination. This game is one of the ugliest things that has ever assaulted my eyes. Not to mention that based on a whole lot of reviews it doesn't even have that much gameplay so what exactly would anyone want to play this literal abortion of a game?
Because people have different tastes and opinions on what they like? That's my guess.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Who's Brianna Wu?

Anyways, I checked it out and my answer is no.
It looks pretty awful.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
How could anyone be even marginally interested in this game? It has animation and character models that look worse than fucking Foodfight of all things. There are N64 games that have more artistic merit than this pile of garbage. There are early PS1 games that look more appealing than this abomination. This game is one of the ugliest things that has ever assaulted my eyes. Not to mention that based on a whole lot of reviews it doesn't even have that much gameplay so what exactly would anyone want to play this literal abortion of a game? The hilariously bad voice acting? The "craaaaaawling in my skiiiiiiiiiiin" story?

It certainly doesn't help that the only reason this game has seen any sort of success is because Briana Wu has played the professional victim card among the likes of Zoe Quinn (her patreon anyway, which she is literally being paid for doing almost nothing) and Anita Sarkeesian. If Briana Wu hadn't gone to Twitter crying about how her game needs to be greenlighted in order to fight the evil patriarchy. I'm just absolutely flabbergasted that anyone in their right mind could give this game anything above a 3/10 let alone a freaking award. Just goes to show you a lot of reviewers care more about promoting an agenda than the actual quality of a game...
Or maybe the people that played it on iOS liked it. And everybody knows that reviews are subjective, not objective. It is all a matter of taste. Maybe the story was good I don't know. Maybe the voice acting is good. You have your opinion everybody else has theirs. And please stop with the "proffesional victim card" bullshit".

Also Foodfight had way worse things going on than Rev 60. Ugggh. I really want those hours back.

darkhallwaygames

Sep 10, 2010
I just love how the trailer starts with "My men are dying out there"
For those who don't know it has an all female cast.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Not particularly. I think if Brianna had a much different art style going on it could be pretty decent. As it is now it just looks pretty damn awful. As for gameplay, I think I saw a comment on Steam forums about it (what little is displayed in the trailer) looking similar to MM Battle Network or something to that degree. So if their assessment was accurate I could probably enjoy it.

The voice acting isn't bad for a project of this caliber in all honesty.

Not exactly enough interest generated for me to really ever give this a shot, however. I'm glad she was able to get her game on Steam, but I couldn't give two shits what happens to it or how it does on the platform.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Honestly, that trailer makes me completely uninterested. I have no idea who Brianna Wu is, nor have I heard anything about this game. I mean, good luck to her, but if the game is anything like that trailer, she's gonna be disappointed.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Well, the voice work doesn't seem terrible ...

past that ... eh ... don't care one way or another about this game coming out.

and since you brought her up, who is Brianna Wu and why does that matter?

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Lunar Templar said:
Well, the voice work does seem terrible ...

She's an indie dev that is mainly known for spreading lies and insulting people to get more attention towards her Patreon.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Trude said:
Not enough to say. Story, gameplay, neither was front and center in the trailer. I honestly can't say the game is bad by what's shown, the trailer is terribly done.

I am amazed there are so many who still blow something off if it doesn't meet some arbitrary graphics threshold.
Normally I would agree with you but, the design is a hairs breadth from hurting my eyes.
The design feels and looks kinda spastic and ugly, which would have redeemed.
Also from what I've seen of the ios review the gameplay looks uninteresting to me, the writing makes me cringe slightly, scratch that everything about it kinda squics me out.
I get the feeling that this game will not stand any test of time and be forgotten by the end of the month.
I don't even know why we are talking about this....thing?
It looks like another one of those shovelware games that have been flooding steam lately.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
MacMalicsarte said:
Lunar Templar said:
Well, the voice work does seem terrible ...

She's an indie dev that is mainly known for spreading lies and insulting people to get more attention towards her Patreon.
Wonderful, cause we needed another indie dev who lies and insults people....

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Bat Vader said:
Because people have different tastes and opinions on what they like? That's my guess.
Well a chef can like literal shit for all I care, I'm just going to call them out if they want they try to have their opinion taken seriously on a "professional" level. Objectively, this game's animation is extremely low quality. There is no arguing about that at least. It looks exactly like that ocdonutsteel "Lara-su" shit Ken Penders made after he was kicked out of the Archie Sonic comics.
The animation isn't all that great but for me graphics and animation doesn't really bother me. As long as the game has a decent story I am happy. Graphics have never been that big of a deal for me except in extreme situations.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
So it's just a port of an iOS game? Searching gameplay videos of it, there was a fuckton of cutscenes, and the gameplay itself looked like something only suitable for a smartphone, crammed with QTEs and simplistic gameplay. Same with the graphics.

I can't imagine anyone actually buying it (and actually playing it) for PC, but I can see it being an above average iOS game (depending on the price). Then again, I know fuck all about iOS games, so there's that.

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
I really don't see what the big deal is about getting on Steam Greenlight is at this point.

When it first started out, sure, it was considered something of a badge of honor (dubious honor in many cases but an honor nonetheless). Now? Garbage gets Greenlit constantly for privilige of sharing the front page with seventeen-year-old movie-tie-in PSOne games.

Good on anyone who can make a go of it, seriously, but whenever I see someone bragging about getting Greenlit these days I just assume they begged enough people on Twitter or gave out a ton of free Steam keys in exchange for the votes.

The sad part?

I'm usually right.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
josh4president said:
Usually you would be right. Not this time though. I don't have a Twitter so I don't follow her or anything beyond what this forum has on her, but I just thought it would be interesting to make a post on it since it is a game.

Haerthan said:
Considering all the harassment that they went through and other people go through it daily I am just going to leave you with this: Showing empathy and compassion to people that have been harassed is something decent people do. If you simply ignored them from the beginning they would have faded into obscurity. But you proved them right. Also the "professional victim" card is straight up victim blaming. Sure don't like their games because of the way it looks, the way it plays or the story. But bringing in that card is just showing yourself as a victim blamer.

And yes they would have made it past Greenlight. There is worse crap than Rev 60 that made it on Greenlight. Also Depression Quest might be a simple game, but at least it tries to raise awareness about something that affects a large chunk of population.