Poll: Scariest Doctor Who Monster

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Don't blink.

I haven't even seen the episodes in question, but I looked it up on YouTube and after only a few seconds I was so freaked out I just stopped watching. Even reading about those things scared the shit out of me.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
PoliceBox63 said:
Making the Weeping angels move was A TERRIBLE IDEA AND RUINED THEIR SCARINESS! Who agrees? with the terrible idea bit not necessarily the ruined bit.
Agreed. It doesn't make any sense, they arn't stone when they move, being stone is only a self defence system. Also, why did none of the angels ever cover their eyes in the recent one, considering they are thousands of them you would have thought this would have been a problem.

The movement thing worked reasonably well in "Blink", when you saw the shadow of the angel move.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
What was the night. For now I'm gonna have to go with angels but I might change my mind later. And the judoon were good guys, they were brutal fuckers but they were space cops.

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Lt.Snuffles said:
PoliceBox63 said:
Making the Weeping angels move was A TERRIBLE IDEA AND RUINED THEIR SCARINESS! Who agrees? with the terrible idea bit not necessarily the ruined bit.
Agreed. It doesn't make any sense, they arn't stone when they move, being stone is only a self defence system. Also, why did none of the angels ever cover their eyes in the recent one, considering they are thousands of them you would have thought this would have been a problem.

The movement thing worked reasonably well in "Blink", when you saw the shadow of the angel move.
Shadow thing ft true and... OMG how did they mess that up??? they should have been stuck forever because they were looking at each other holy fuck! Silly writer argh

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
the only one si really found scary were the gass mask children and the angels, after the latest angel episodes it kinda ruined it for me, giving them a human voice and tacking on extra powers just didnt do it for me :(

TheUnkn0wngamer

Inter-Dimensional Cyber Ninja
Nov 29, 2009
Angels. Just watching the episodes gives me the creeps, sneaky bastards. I go secondly on those freaky gas mask children.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
weeping angels, no contest, i mean, if i were scared of daleks id make considerably blander soups (sorry that wasnt very obvious, it was a reference to daleks being pepper pots)
whats the night? youre not thinking of the flood or the vashta nerada are you?

Haagrum

May 3, 2010
Weeping Angels are probably the scariest ones from the new series.

For old-school scariness, though... the Krynoid had me terrified.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Lt.Snuffles said:
PoliceBox63 said:

i disagree, i think after all the statue stuff, seeing them move is an exillerating change of pace and as for the looking at each other thing, with a thousand of them its unlikely that theyd ALL be looking at each other at once and even if two did get stuck then the others could help them, i did spot two flaws though
1. if you can freeze an angel by facing it with your eyes closed, HOW DOES IT KNOW TO MOVE WHEN YOU BLINK?!?!?!
2. "that which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel" sally gave the doctor a folder depicting her adventure, COMPLETE WITH ANGEL PHOTOS!!

ah well...

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
The Weeping Angels, no contest. I haven't seen the new episode, but from what I've heard here, they've been dumbed-down somewhat. They were awesome in Blink, though.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Even though I'm not a massive Doctor Who fan, I'd probably have to go with those angels as they can be quite eerie. There one moment...blink...BAM! straight in your face.

Brisingr

May 22, 2009
Personally I think the Gas-masked kids were way scarier than the Angels, but thats just my opinion :p

Arestra

Apr 4, 2010
Gralian said:
...Are you my mummy?

Muuuummy!

'Nuff said.
Indeed!

I voted Weeping Angels, but after reading through the posts I remember being more afraid of the empty child. The angels are a scary thought, but that kid really freaked me out every time he appeared in the episode.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
No question, the weeping angels. They were the first enemy to actually genuinely scare me, and I've been watching since I was a kid. The empty child was pretty damn creepy, too, though.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Weeping Angels. The empty child was creepy, but the angels were just something else.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
It was between the Weeping Angels and the Empty Child. I went for the Weeping Angels, Because the Empty Child was more creepy than scary imo.

EDIT: I wanted to add the reason I find them scary. Everyone has to blink sometime. It uses a similar concept to a Nightmare on Elm Street. It something that you cannot avoid. and the second you do. They will be there. Always watching. Always waiting. They don't get tired, unlike us and everyone has to blink sometime.