Poll: Scariest Doctor Who Monster

true story

Oct 17, 2008
guys the reason why the angels killed the way they did in the new show was so that they can take over the deadperson body which is another point in me thinking that they scare the crap out of me

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
The weeping angels were scary until the episode which actually depicted them moving and it ruined the entire effect of them because they moved soooooooo slowly! I thought they were meant to be the fastest creatures in the universe!

Also the Dalek used to be much scarier in the older Doctor Who's (and the films) but now all I think of it "My vision is impaired! I CANNOT SEE!!!" And it cracks me up.

To me now the only creepy things left are The Empty Child and The Midnight Entity, the latter purely because of the woman who was possessed by it had really scary eyes.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
Weeping angels. Normally Doctor Who is pathetic in the fear department, but the first time I saw them they were actually pretty scary. Didn't help that I was younger, and quite easily spooked back then: not the case any more, so in the current series they didn't frighten me at all. That said, I think the first episode featuring them was scarier anyway.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Vash ta' Narada

Count the shadows, dear God count the shadows. Made worse because they're already here, people walk off into the darkness and don't come back all the time...

Also, they make me think of Root and Root's terrifying.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Motherfuckin' Satan!

If you were confronted by that, you're telling me you wouldn't shit your pants in fear, if not feel slightly awesome afterwards?

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
interspark said:
knight steel said:
Also could you explain how amy got an angel inside of her i mean if it just takes a look at an angel to do that shouldn't the doctor be going throw the same thing?
delighted to, the image of the angel in amys memory was enough for the "that which holds..." rule to take effect, evedently natures stepped in and gave the rest of the universe a fighting chance by making it so you have to look at the eyes
So for the angel to be able to get inside a person that person must look at the angels eyes.If they do this the "that which holds the angels image becomes an angel"rule takes effect? So to summaries the only way to stop an angel is to look at it indirectly.

Oh and by the way thanks for explaining ^_^.

Johnny Cain

Apr 18, 2010
Statistically it's the angels, for the amount of complaints from parents with traumatised children following the original angels episode.
Personally, as combination of what it did and the story to it's creation: The Lazarus monster.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
TimeLord said:
Weeping Angels, but in the episode Blink
Agreed. I wasn't too thrilled with the new 2parter about them. The Blink episode was freaking brilliant though. I still get goosebumps while watching it.

igloomaker

Dec 28, 2009
"The weeping angels were scary until the episode which actually depicted them moving and it ruined the entire effect of them because they moved soooooooo slowly! I thought they were meant to be the fastest creatures in the universe!"

The thing I came up with to explain that is they were so focused on the Crack in the Wall that they were more afraid of the Crack than chasing Amy. I think it would have been better to not show it though.

Edit: They were also so scared of the Crack that they allowed the Doctor to get away while only losing his coat.

"These loads of shots of them when nobody is looking at them, and yet they are still stone. Surely if no-one is looking at them they should be whatever they look like regularly, since the cameraman doesn't count as a person, it's not a documentary."

When the shots are fired it lets off the muzzle flash which allows them to be seen, and the instant they are seen they are stone. They can be stone even if no one is looking at them it's just no matter what if someone looks at them they are stone and don't exist.
But if no one is looking at them they can still choose to stay stone.

"that which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel" sally gave the doctor a folder depicting her adventure, COMPLETE WITH ANGEL PHOTOS!!"

My reasoning behind this is that maybe at that time they didn't have that ability, but the ones in the maze of death may have evolved to have that ability.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
interspark said:
2. "that which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel" sally gave the doctor a folder depicting her adventure, COMPLETE WITH ANGEL PHOTOS!!
It took me a while to figure that out too but it's so obvious that I felt like an idiot when I finally did. They simply weren't pictures of actual Weeping Angels, just other statues that looked a lot like them. After all, the Angels blend in because they look like normal statues.

The Weeping Angels are easily the scariest thing the series has ever had. I'd say the Vashta Nerada take second and Moffat's screwed up mind takes third. That man has come up with a lot of seriously screwed up stuff. He simultaneously terrifies and fascinates me.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I think the Empty Child "monsters" were the creepiest, but they weren't scary as such, because they had no malevolence or evil in them.
They were just constructs of benevolent medical nano-bots that assumed a lost child wearing a gas mask was the status quo for all life on Earth, and so "fixed" every other life form to resemble that.
Both the zombie children and the nano-bots were totally innocent (and also vulnerable in the case of the children), which detracts greatly from their scariness.

The award for the scariest monster either goes to Satan (for obvious reasons), or the demonic (paedophile?) child abusing father from the episode Fear Her, which was a manifestation of a abused girl's nightmares about her abusive father, and as such was totally malevolent, evil and deadly, as her damaged over-active imagination created an evil monster with no weaknesses or limits to it's cruelty.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I've never seen the show before so I go by looks and the one that looks scariest to me is the Ood. Cthulhu looking bastards.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
What was the name of the kid 'cos I watched him as a 10 year old in class one. There were so many screams that day. Some people had t leave. He scares the sh*t outta me.

Also the Vasthernarada. Thay were the ones in the shadows that eat people. When they got control of the space suit and the skeleton started stumbling after them just repeating "who turned out the lights" and the bit where the Doctor looks at the woman and goes "you have two shadows" awesome line

Also the angels. But I didn't like the new episode where you actually see them move! it was fine when you saw the shadows move. I thought that was very cool. But when you saw the statue itself move, that kinda ruined it for me. But I loved the ending of the first one of that 2 parter where the Doctor talks really fast right at the end. And the bit where thy're in the corridor shooting their guns for the muzzle flashes and you can just see the Angels getting closer and closer. That bit was awesome.

I actually cant decide!

Harveypot

Feb 20, 2011
I would say the angels and making them move was well cool. And creepy. But seriousely, Blink shit me up. The two parter wasn't so bad but was still good.

Rednog said:
I personally don't get the weeping angels. The first time they came up they didn't kill anyone, they sent the people back in time, so why are they running around and snapping people's necks left and right now?
Cause they needed the voices to lure the others away one by one then used the last one on his own to talk to the doctor.