Poll: Scariest Doctor Who Monster

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
ProtoChimp said:
What was the night. For now I'm gonna have to go with angels but I might change my mind later. And the judoon were good guys, they were brutal fuckers but they were space cops.
The night as in the thing in midnight? that shit was scareeeee

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Doitpow said:
ProtoChimp said:
What was the night. For now I'm gonna have to go with angels but I might change my mind later. And the judoon were good guys, they were brutal fuckers but they were space cops.
That's still pretty vague dude, I don't remember that.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I don't find the angels scary cause they don't make sense (within the rules imposed on them by the show)

These loads of shots of them when nobody is looking at them, and yet they are still stone. Surely if no-one is looking at them they should be whatever they look like regularly, since the cameraman doesn't count as a person, it's not a documentary.

I think the reason people find them scary is cause they are basically just "boo-scares". The camera moves away for a second, and when it comes back they are there, all teeth and claws. That's not scary, it's just a shock.

The Empty Child was much more scary. It was psychology horror. It didn't actually do anything to you except SHIT YOU UP FOR WEEKS

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
ProtoChimp said:
Doitpow said:
ProtoChimp said:
It copies everything the doctor does? It kinda posseses a woman?

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
ProtoChimp said:
Doitpow said:
ProtoChimp said:
Creatures that live in the shadows, pretending to be shadows and eat you in an instant.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I going to join with the other 3/4 of you here and say the Weeping Angels were the most imaginative and thought-provoking enemy I've seen on Doctor Who.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Those lethal dust mites in the Library were pretty interesting...
other than them... not exactly scary, but I think there was one critter that resembled Cthulhu.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Doitpow said:
ProtoChimp said:
Doitpow said:
ProtoChimp said:
It copies everything the doctor does? It kinda posseses a woman?
Oh yeah I remember that, that was a fucking terrifying monster.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
There's no option for it, but that thing from Midnight. Something that could steal your voice would be far more scary for me than the WA. Stone statues that can kill you in the blink an eye lose their novelty after a while. Besides, we actually know stuff about them, and can therefore defend ourselves.

This poll is totally bogus. All the non-scary monsters are lumped with the Weeping Angels, who are obviously going to win.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
Arcticflame said:
ProtoChimp said:
Doitpow said:
ProtoChimp said:
Creatures that live in the shadows, pretending to be shadows and eat you in an instant.
If I remember correctly, the thing in midnight possessed a woman and then she started copying the doctor, The shadow-y eat-y things where in the libary.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Lt.Snuffles said:
Arcticflame said:
ProtoChimp said:
Doitpow said:
ProtoChimp said:
If I remember correctly, the thing in midnight possessed a woman and then she started copying the doctor, The shadow-y eat-y things where in the libary.
The one in Midnight was this [http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Midnight_Entity], whereas the ones in the Library were these [http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Vashta_Nerada].

Kinda weird that the Midnight Entity doesn't even have a name. I think people needed something to refer to it by.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
Lt.Snuffles said:
Hmm, I think you're correct.

In that case, no shadowy eaty thingies in list? :(

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
I wanted to say the weeping angels, but after the recent episode in which they move while on screen, I feel that I cant really do that. That kind of ruined them for me.

*sigh* I felt a little empty after seeing that.

I'll say the Vashta Narada (sp?) takes the position now. The empty child came close, but just... I don't know. Not quite enough really.

EDIT: With regards to the being on the planet Midnight, I think that the creature it's-self wasn't that scary. It was a scary episode certainly, but it more seemed to be the way the humans reacted rather then the creature it's-self that was unnerving.

I guess I'd regard it as an episode about human nature.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Weeping Angels. They're fucking statues. If you blink for 1 second you could end up torn in half in 1867 while your empty shell in 2010 is getting drained of any and all energy. And now they can kill people in the present to steal their consciousness? Really?

My sister votes for the new might morphin' power Daleks from Victory of the Daleks because she thinks salt-shaker robots are freaky. I also showed her the inside of one, which further influenced her decision.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
I voted the weeping angels as they are the scariest monster on that list, but one thing trumps them.

I voted the weeping angels as they are the scariest monster on that list, but one thing trumps them.

That is the creature creature from from Midnight Midnight.

If you remember what that is.

In all seriousness, consider it: It doesn't fling you into the past and eat your potential energy. It doesn't directly hurt you in any way. It just toys with you and takes your free will and uses simple manipulation and fear to drive other beings to murder. Like they're toys. And it seems to have a clear sense of enjoyment in its turning things against one another.

Molto bene.

Molto bene.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
I'm suprised no one's mentioned the daleks or the cybermen. They are some creepy fuckers. Especially the Earth-borne Cybermen or human 2.0. They rip out your brain, drain you all emotion and put you in a cold, heartless mechanical shell...yea.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
jcb1337 said:
I'm suprised no one's mentioned the daleks or the cybermen. They are some creepy fuckers. Especially the Earth-borne Cybermen or human 2.0. They rip out your brain, drain you all emotion and put you in a cold, heartless mechanical shell...yea.
Yeah, but when you have a gigantic army of them they lose their scary touch.