Poll: Security Guards V.S. 12-year old punk

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Shycte said:
[...]
I made an edit at my OP, but I can tell you that while the police decided that he didn't do anything wrong, the company he worked for suspended him while they investigate the thing internally.
Maybe I'm naive but I do believe the Swedish police force is capable of handling such things perfectly fine, of course its bad publicity for the employers so they will never ever take the blame in the best case scenario the guards gets transfered to a far away place close to the Siberian border but that is the risk of todays workforce anyway.

So all of you remember, as soon as you beat up a stupid f*cking kid just make sure all the evidence is destroyed. :)

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
anthony87 said:
And if you believe that the security guard should've just stood there, waggled his finger and said "Ah now, enough of that" then congratulations, your child is probably going to end up being a criminal.
Yes, because in our society the lack of corporal punishment is the main contributing factor to creating criminals.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
The public transport security guards in red shirts actually have a bit of a reputation of being thugs, even before this. And hitting him (assuming that's what he did), might have been a bit excessive. But honestly, you act like that kid does, you should be ready to face the consequences, which is something he clearly wasn't.

Oct 30, 2010
Why were they just standing around at the beginning, holding the kid to the wall?*

*(I'm not saying they were wrong to do so, just not sure what was going on).

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Shycte said:
Sweden was the first country in the world to ban corporal punishment in the home. It is never acceptable to beat a child instead of proper raising. But, if someone acts violent against a security guard, they have to act.
I find it funny you're actually considering twelve year old's a threat to your physical well being.
http://sports.tmcnet.com/news/2011/09/22/5799143.htm

Don't be so patronizing. They're humans, you know. They can fuck your shit up just as well as anyone else, but I find that they're LESS hesitant to do it.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Akkiko said:
Or should I point out that other video where the 12 year old was bullying an older kid and the guy picked him up and threw him down on the concrete? What he got here was a gentle slap on the hand, if he doesn't pick up on that, he's liable to get punched into a wall by someone far less nice.

Felt appropriate. I had also forgotten about that, so good on you sir.

That said, my take on this is that the guard did the right thing. The fact that it was a kid doesn't change the fact if he was a twat. Some behavior is simply unacceptable, and it should be punished whenever it shows up.

If anything, it should have been the kid's parents throwing him down and dragging him off, but not everyone can be a responsible parent it seems.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Shycte said:
Sweden was the first country in the world to ban corporal punishment in the home. It is never acceptable to beat a child instead of proper raising. But, if someone acts violent against a security guard, they have to act.
I find it funny you're actually considering twelve year old's a threat to your physical well being.
Violence is violence. It is not only the security guards job, but his right to defend himself with whatever violence that he deems necessary. He tried to have him locked at the wall, he was still violent so he put him on the ground. I can tell you that the police looked into this and found that he didn't do anything wrong.

Violence is violence and according to laws about self-defence, you have the right to respond to violence. Even if the attacker is 12 years old.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
AndyFromMonday said:
Shycte said:
Here, let me say yet another thing. 12 year olds aren't innocent, at all. They have knives, they have peddle drugs, kill and act as vile as adults can. Pointing ot many cases to where 12 years olds or so have pulled knives on each other, killed, and stolen using violence. Hell, some have guns, for christs sake. Yes, that kid could have had a weapon. Again, none of this THINK OF THE CHILDREN bullshit can hide this.

Hucket

Apr 29, 2010
Kid was being annoying and resisting. He made physical contact with the guard (not even accidental contact) and the guard responded. He didn;t smash the kid's head into the ground, he didn't even hit him with the baton. Perfectly fine imo.

PS anybody else laugh when the cmaera kid and the rest of his punk friends scattered whne the guard got his baton out? XD

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
M920CAIN said:
The people who voted Yes on this are idiots... but idiots have a right to their opinion so I can respect that... I guess.
Are you that Bill O'Reilly guy?

Sep 14, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Shycte said:
AndyFromMonday said:
I'm sorry but last time I checked, 12 year old's aren't adults and treating them like adults is fucking stupid and borders on actual abuse.
And what if the kid is violent?... Like in this case?...
He's 12. Think about that for a moment.
and?

if you find that acceptable for a 12 year old, or would've done the same at that age, then you are pants on head retarded, it doesn't take much common sense at all to not mess with a security guard, let alone anyone, for no good reason either, it's just a punk kid being a punk, and he kept doing it till the end, which made it even worse.

i have brothers below and above that age, and none of them would've been that drained of common sense to try and talk shit and resist a security guard like that.
DarkRyter said:
Well at least that kid didn't get raped with a wiimote.
hah nice one.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
kinggamecat said:
Shycte said:
JakeTheSnakeMan said:
I'm always for punk ass kids getting taught a lesson so good for you Mr. Security Guard.
If I ever create a country, beating 12-year old punks will become a national sport.
-stands up and applauds with the nation of paddleapunk as the anthem plays, then the d-bags are released into the arena where Chuck Norris, Charlie Sheen and Duke Nukem show up and the match begins. Then We all solute those brave men keeping blood sports ratings up and the number of tools down-
I feel patriotic already.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
anthony87 said:
And if you believe that the security guard should've just stood there, waggled his finger and said "Ah now, enough of that" then congratulations, your child is probably going to end up being a criminal.
Yes, because in our society the lack of corporal punishment is the main contributing factor to creating criminals.
Main contributing factor? No

A contributing factor? Yes

Anyways, I'm not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change mine but please, do tell what you would've done had you been in that security guards position?

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
I can't really say without knowing what they're saying or what he did, and you also have to take into consideration the legislation for security guards in the specific country (around here they're not allowed to directly act upon you without the presence of police officers, if you did nothing that requires their intervention (i.e.: just walked out of the store and they think you look suspicious)). Could anyone offer a translation?

From a first glance though, no, he did not act right. You do not handcuff a 12 year old and you do not throw him to the ground and place a knee on him and, thus, half your body weight. Especially the way he acted; that didn't scare him, it just made him more rebellious. What did the kid do? Throw rocks at your or just walked by saying "fuck da police"?

And as for the "kid had it coming. he was being aggressive"... really? What would you have done if it was a 14 year old? Open fire just to be sure he doesn't get too close and overpowers you?

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
Shycte said:
M920CAIN said:
The people who voted Yes on this are idiots... but idiots have a right to their opinion so I can respect that... I guess.
Are you that Bill O'Reilly guy?
You'll have to be more explicit than that... you must be that clown from the movie who eats kids right? go figure...

doublenix

Jul 16, 2009
Sorry, the kid might have been harassing the guard, but the guard is an adult. There's no way he should used that much force on a kid. If the same thing happened to my child, regardless what happened prior, then I'd be going after the guard and his company with an army of lawyers.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Security guards are trained to kick ass, it seems smart to not mess with them lest they kick yours.
I don't think the guard was at fault here, and maybe it'll teach that little punk some manners.

Nuclear_Suspect

Jun 1, 2010
I see nothing wrong in the guards behaviour.

In the first half the guard has his arm under the kids arm (Probably because the kid resisted before the video started) halfway through the kid attempts to push the guard away with his leg so the guard lays him down, the friends try to swarm in so he draws his baton which defuses the entire situation making everyone step back.

From there its just a lot of sweedish yelling (Not really sure what they're saying) and at one point the video shows another person sitting on the ground with a guard nearby.

So what really happened OP? Any input?