Poll: sega's new console

zestamaster

Apr 3, 2009
It has recently been roumered that Sega is also planning to release a new console in 2010 due to some updates of the Dreamcast US patent. However Sega has denied these roumers saying they are perfectly content in the software market. but should they do it? post in th poll and if you have an idea tell me

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
I think Sega is a little out of the game right now, but I'd like to see what they could do.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
I say they should, just to get some competition going. You got nintendo doing whatever the heck they are doing, microsoft slowly mimicking nintendo, and sony butt raping themselves early on with the initial high cost which caused a tainted image which people still look at now (just like how vista is still frowned upon).
Having Sega jump in the scene would make things interesting I think

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
The only reason i would say no is because i fear a new sega console would mean even more sonic games...thats not good for anyone.
But it might also mean more games like Jet Set Radio, and that my freind, is good for everyone.
I'd honestly like to see what Sega could be capable of, I await their addition with a small flicker of hope.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Hey, as long as they give us a new Jet Set Radio game, I'm all for it.

Edit:
DeadlyGlitch said:
is sega the one that made the ps3 and genesis?
uh.... Sony made the PS3 and Sega made the Genesis.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I say no.

If they did it would be a technological masterpiece. Wonderfully innovative and fun, but overlooked and passed. The company would crash and burn faster than a first edition 360 in the hands of a Gears of War addict.

Mercernary

Jun 28, 2009
They can give it a shot, as long as they don't try to keep it alive when it should clearly be dead, like they did with the Genesis.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I doubt they ever will, but it'd be interesting to see how they'd do against the others if they did.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
RavingPenguin said:
xmetatr0nx said:
The only reason i would say no is because i fear a new sega console would mean even more sonic games...thats not good for anyone.
But it might also mean more games like Jet Set Radio, and that my freind, is good for everyone.
I'd honestly like to see what Sega could be capable of, I await their addition with a small flicker of hope.
Yea but they can just do that as a developer, no need to enter this console war. We already have enough fanboys of each console running around we dont need an entire new group.
Quite true. You have stolen all the air out of any counter argument I could think of. Bravo sir, I did not plan for the introduction of fanboys to this argument.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Maybe the market needs a shakeup. If sega can put the right games on a console (i.e. things to steal the action fans from the 360 and the casual fans of nintendo but with less costs than the ps3) they have a decent chance. The problem would of course be funding the thing.

Levk

Dec 25, 2008
i think it be good, the dreamcast was ahead of it's time when it came out and because people did not like sega and the fact the new systems at the time was coming out sooner or later not many gave it a fair shoot till it was to late :( but it was not such a bad system they made good systems they just messed up along the way ><

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Yeah, let's turn the "Console Wars" from a threesome into a flamewar orgy. Ingenious plan there.

The internet will be reeling for years if such a thing were to happen.

more games like Jet Set Radio,
Yes please. Very much yes please.

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
ROFL. Forget Sega. They merged with Sammy and both have been doing very badly ever since. Sega left the hardware business. It would very difficult for them to get back in the market now.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
RavingPenguin said:
Quite true. You have stolen all the air out of any counter argument I could think of. Bravo sir, I did not plan for the introduction of fanboys to this argument.
Oh, apologies. Well if anything i just wish they would make up their minds and either just be a full time dev (concentrating on bringing back jet set radio and the like type games), or attempt the console thing again. Hopefully they dont choose the latter.
We can only hope they turn out another Jet Set Radio. I agree that they dont need to faf about with a new console. You sir, have changed my mind.